GUILTY UK - Ellie Butler, 6, brutally murdered, Sutton, 28 Oct 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another murder and cruelty trial currently running, with remarkable similarities involving head injuries, falls on the stairs and a dog, and a mother lying to assist her boyfriend.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/toddler-murdered-vicious-attack-mothers-11375301

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-son-story-d-fallen-stairs-cover-killing.html

BIB It really is remarkable. AND when you look at the posed photos of the poor baby, in his Santa hat, with his Tigger cuddly toys, then cuddled with his mum you would not believe that this baby was being consistently abused so it brings us back to the Ellie photos & videos again- happy shots maybe mean nothing.

PS Also Interesting points from jog & Supernovae- video 1 with Ellie being younger playing ball - that could be a contact visit pre "handover" and so the friend is a social worker or some other appropriate adult and final school sports day video about how Ellie was running, I didn't notice that, going to take another look.

Hoping she she gets caught out in cross today. Then, expect to see some fireworks.

Unfortunately the BBC corresp who was at the trial yesterday seems to be on another job this morning, but Guardian's journo is attending

all her tweets, earliest is from around 11am:

Jennie Gray breaks down in tears as she tells how she found her six year old daughter Ellie dead in her bedroom. Butler leaves dock briefly
Gray:" I saw Ellie on the floor and she was just laying there and I got closer to her and Iooked and her eyes were, her pupils were big"
Gray: "She was just laying there and she was just so still. I couldn't think.My whole body froze and I remember getting down near her"
Gray: "I was just shaking. I've done CPR before and I couldn't remember it. I was so scared and I grabbed her head and hugged her"
Gray on finding her daughter dead: "It's the most frightening thing you will ever feel in your life"
Gray denies 999 call 45 minutes after she found Ellie dead is charade. "Half of me knew she was gone, half of me didn't want to accept it,"

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

shame we are missing the detail on how she was alerted to Ellie's "accident" , presumably she is sticking with version that youngest child found E?

All noted and agreed. Possibly these 'problems' may of been triggered by 2007 episode. Certainly if not. Then it surely wouldn't of helped.
Noticeably her right eye. The glasses probably were to try n correct the 'turn' in her eye. Possibly damage to the optical nerve. Another common occur ancestors with head trauma.
Causes a bleed behind the eye itself.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Maybe not caused by head trauma, because BB looks to me like he also has slightly wonky eyes... So maybe it's genetic.

7 mins ago

Gray now being cross-examined. Accused of having "an extraordinary ability to lie". Accused of putting Ellie second to Ben Butler
Pros to Gray: "you put your daughter's body through pointless CPR for no reason" other than to save Ben Butler. "Rubbish, rubbish," she says

[video=twitter;735069243440549888]https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/735069243440549888[/video]

Well he has included all "our " points so far.

Unfortunately the BBC corresp who was at the trial yesterday seems to be on another job this morning, but Guardian's journo is attending

all her tweets, earliest is from around 11am:

https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

shame we are missing the detail on how she was alerted to Ellie's "accident" , presumably she is sticking with version that youngest child found E?

BIB. I've never worked out what exactly JG admitted to when she pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice with regards to finding Ellie.

I am a new member and am completely enthralled with this thread. I so appreciate all the locals point of view. I am looking forward to positing with you all.

snipped to leave the parts we have not already heard today

Prosecutor Ben Fitzgerald said the accused put on a "quite remarkable performance" in interview with police.....

Ellie's mother admits perverting the course of justice in helping to cover up what had happened.
Ms Gray said her brain "spiralled" when she found her daughter.
"You go crazy in your mind," she said. "I was terrified they would think Ben did it. I thought they're going to blame him again."

About the involvement of police officers, Ms Gray told the court: "These people have taken a tragedy and used it against us again. Their evidence is shady.
"Ben has never laid a finger on our daughter. I grew up believing in the police and courts, but in 2007 my illusions were destroyed.
"This is why I am how I am. Because of what they did to us.
"
Prosecutor Mr Fitzgerald said: "You have lied and lied to cover up Butler's violence to you and to Ellie. And you are still lying to this jury."
Ms Gray replied: "Incorrect. Incorrect. I swore on the Bible and I'm a Christian and I would not do that lightly."
The prosecutor went on: "You sacrificed Ellie's well-being for your relationship with Butler. She took second place."
Ms Gray replied: "Incorrect."
Mr Fitzgerald said in interview with the police Ms Gray had revealed herself to be a "skilful and prolific liar" to which she replied: "I don't agree.
"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36369658

Skilful and prolific indeed.

Welcome from us all on the thread JerseyGirl
:wagon:

Extra from this afternoon's DMail- can't paste any more LOADS more at the link. Another poster can quote the rest to still keep within copyright rule.

In one message in October, she wrote: 'My whole life is our relationship and comes first over everything.'

Gray told jurors she did not mean it and was prone to exaggeration.

The lawyer said: 'You are prepared to say almost anything to protect Ben Butler and your relationship with him. The mother said: 'No.'
Earlier, Gray told the Old Bailey that she put off calling the emergency services in the wake of her Ellie's death because she was 'gone already' and thought Butler would be blamed.

Giving evidence for a second day, Gray told jurors: 'Mr worst fear came true - exactly what I thought would happen.'
Explaining why she initially lied, she insisted: 'I said those things in reaction because I was terrified they were going to blame him when he has never laid a finger on my child, as they did this before.'
That day, Butler contacted Gray at work and told her to 'come home now', she said. Gray denied that he said anything to her on the phone about Ellie being ill.
She arrived at about 2pm and went to the bathroom before going downstairs.
She said: 'I saw Ben on the floor shaking and I was frightened. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what was going on. He said to me 'I think Ellie's dead.'
'I said 'what are you talking about'. My whole body froze. I didn't know what to do,
I could feel myself shaking.

Note: In the sequence she next describes as she goes to see Ellie, pupils wide etc( previous BBC link's report)

'She was just so still and I could not think, my whole body froze. I got down near her. I tried to breathe air in her mouth. I heard a noise in her stomach and I saw her tummy come up and then this smell - a terrible smell.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ship-important-little-girl.html#ixzz49aFiHNqy

tweeted 20 mins ago
Woman accused of cruelty to daughter who was found dead tells court: 'I don't care if I don't wake up.'

[video=twitter;735112233701740544]https://twitter.com/CourtNewsUK/status/735112233701740544[/video]

their/ her reason for the delay

The prosecutor suggested the reason for the lies was to hide the fact that Ellie died in Butler's sole care.
Gray said: 'It was more the fact we were suggesting we just found her.'
When it was suggested the purpose of the lies was to protect Butler, she said: 'The purpose of the interview was to protect an innocent man.'

Pros Brown QC also says that the pair have been "co-ordinating" their defence, that BB "calls the tune and you dance to it" . She disagrees with Pros, no she calls the tune, he follows her tune.

The nitty gritty of their defence construction:
Mr FitzGerald said Butler and Gray went on to co-ordinate their stories leading up to May last year.
By the first planned trial, Butler changed his defence, admitting he did not call 999 for two hours.
The next day, Gray pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice.

Timeline we already know from Sutton Guardian in 2014
Jan 14 2014 - another JG police interview
3 june 2014 court appearance at old bailey where BB was expected to enter a plea. BB appears in video link from Belmarsh, JG appears in person. No pleas possible due to “legal complication”. BB rep'd himself today. Reporters est trial will take place n easter 2015
5 oct 2015 trial is pushed back again , now to 5th april 2016

Paraphrased from :
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ship-important-little-girl.html#ixzz49aI5kQBW

As the judge said on last day of BB cross

it seems as if INITIALLY they were hoping to create a version whereby E dies whilst in JG's sole care. Read it and see what you all think.
see DMail link and comments re. police interview ( vid shown to jury today) I assume this is police video of 29/10/13 but IDK.

Gigi your big query re. JG heard Ellie alive when she came home is at the link. The "setting of the table"( !) to eat cake is there. She initially recalled BB going out for some air.

Later on they construct a different version with change pleas and she then accepts that some aspects of her statements are lies.

Hopefully Tortoise will be able to clarify some of these reports if she has attended court today as these reports are not always clear.

Can't find any more reports now, so here's a photo from the family album to be going on with ;)

A picture of innocence!
23060968_Gray_and_Butler-large_trans++lQOCbRaR7rx5YSOWCkhrNacJjFi95bjlYxPMHc4XTkI.jpg

Late 2012 photo of the pair, after their conviction was quashed
BB wearing his best "compensation face" JG just pleased to be in a couples photo with Ben!?

Posters - take a look - do you reckon this is meant to be an engagement ring?It's only recently she has been wearing this. ( It's not in any 2012 photos. A proposal from Belmarsh?)

_89717009_hi032543962.jpg

Local newspaper now. ( Legally B, this is clearer regarding her admissions of previous lies)

Turning to the 999 call, Mr FitzGerald said: "The screaming, the panic, the desperate call for the ambulance to come. You are saying it's not an act? It's not a charade?"

Gray insisted it was not.

Gray agreed she lied to police about why she had come home on the day of Ellie's death, the discovery of her body, and how quickly she called 999

The court heard that Gray maintained her false account for the next year and a half, even though police had already begun to unravel the lies.

Mr FitzGerald said: "If there was a shred of truth to your explanation now, you would have said."

Gray replied: "I did keep the lie going, but I came out and decided I didn't want to lie. I needed to be honest and that's what I've done."

Mr FitzGerald said Butler and Gray went on to co-ordinate their stories leading up to May last year.

By the first planned trial, Butler changed his defence, admitting he did not call 999 for two hours.

The next day, Gray pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice.

The prosecutor asserted: "You have been co-ordinating your defence. Mr Butler calls the tune and you dance to it."

Gray responded: "No. I called the tune. He followed my tune."

http://www.localberkshire.co.uk/new...about_her_death__to_protect_an_innocent_man_/

Thank you for the postings dear Cottonweaver. Most appreciated. Sorry not been around not a good day. Waiting on doc. Alls good tho. Sedated nicely it's not me typing this it's my alter ego....

And JG today....... such a Narcissistic display. N yes I noticed the ring too. But I reckon she bought it.... 😉

"A mum broke down in the witness box as she told how she failed to seek help for her six-year-old daughter out of fear her partner would be blamed for her murder."

You have to register to get the rest of this article. ( I'm not registered)

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/mum-feared-partner-blamed-girls-murder/?fb_ref=DXRej6D0TX-Twitter
If yr on Twitter I followed their page n see the tweets from there. Apologies for absence today. Not quite with it. Fones just had a software update. It's now a marshmallow not a lollipop. WTF!
As if I'd eat it. Mehhh it's all silver n sparkly. Not remotely tasty... BB ltr x

Thank you for the postings dear Cottonweaver. Most appreciated. Sorry not been around not a good day. Waiting on doc. Alls good tho. Sedated nicely it's not me typing this it's my alter ego....

And JG today....... such a Narcissistic display. N yes I noticed the ring too. But I reckon she bought it.... ��

very sorry to hear you are so unwell Gigi.
I reckon your Richie Sambora will tweet you later and you'll feel better.:dance:

Just another day of BS and lies from start to finish.

Her police interview was very interesting. She spoke then without the false airs and graces, and superiority she tries to portray to the court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back