Found Deceased UK - Frankie Morris, 18, bike found Pentir Bangor, North Wales, 2 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Likely heading to Bangor. There are villages along the way (Glasinfryn, Caerhun, Waen Wen and Minffordd) but there’s nothing there! Unless someone lived there or was visiting someone there it is likely that they would be taking the back roads to Bangor.

There’s a local rumour that F had good friends in Caerhun and may have been heading there.

Isn't that what was initially said, that he was possibly en route to Bangor to see friends? So what's to say he never reached his destination and something happened there? All the while seems to be pinned on the vicinity of his last sighting on camera near the pub, but he could feasibly have made it a lot further.

Isn't that what was initially said, that he was possibly en route to Bangor to see friends? So what's to say he never reached his destination and something happened there? All the while seems to be pinned on the vicinity of his last sighting on camera near the pub, but he could feasibly have made it a lot further.

Yes, that's what I think too. The bike being left in Pentir makes me think he was in a car by then, so I think it would be worth appealing for cars and bikes going the other way to come forward in case anyone has dashcam or helmet camera footage that could identify him and who he was with.

But even if he just got fed up with wheeling the bike and continued on foot, there's nothing to say he didn't make it as far as Bangor. Bangor has a population of 20,000 or so. It's not huge but it's not a teeny village. There must be some CCTV there, even if only on businesses and doorbells.

It feels like the golden window in which to retrace his footsteps has been allowed to close. I bet all the buscam footage is gone forever, but if the local community were urged to search their own images, he could well show up somewhere, which might reheat the investigation.

JMO

[link contains cute vid footage of FM as toddler]

Mae un o ffrindiau gorau dyn ifanc o Fôn sydd wedi bod ar goll ers bron i fis wedi erfyn ar bobl sydd yn gwybod unrhyw beth i rannu'r wybodaeth gyda'r heddlu.

Mae Frantisek "Frankie" Morris, 18 o Landegfan, Sir Fôn wedi bod ar goll ers 2 Mai.

Cafodd ei weld ddiwethaf ar luniau camera cylch cyfyng tafarn y Vaynol Arms, Pentir, yn gwthio ei feic ychydig wedi 13.00. Cafwyd hyd i’r beic yn ddiweddarach.

Wrth ddisgrifio ei ffrind, dywedodd Llawen Haf Pierce fod gan Frankie "freuddwydion" am y dyfodol.

"Mae'n hogyn really neis, mae'n haeddu'r byd," dywedodd Llawen.

"Ag oedd gyno fo i gyd o'r plans 'ma, breuddwydion 'ma ag on ni'n meddwl oedd o am neud o ag, nath o ddim.

"So, ie ma'n anodd.

"Dwi 'di bod yn ffrindia hefo fo ers odda ni’n fabi, ag - ia mae'n anodd oherwydd tro cynta nath o ddod drosodd o Czech, mond fi a hogan arall oedd ffrindia fo, doedd neb arall yn nabod o ar y pryd, a dwi'n cofio nath o ddod drosodd ag oedd o mor gyffrous i weld ni.

"Oedd o'n hwylus ofnadwy, oedd o wrth ei fodd yn mynd o gwmpas y mynyddoedd. Oedd o'n hoffi darganfod llefydd newydd."

Mae Llawen wedi disgrifio'r cyfnod ers i Frankie fynd ar goll fel hunllef.

"Dwi'n cofio nath mam fi gyrru text i fi pan on ni ar y ffordd i'r coleg yn dweud: 'Oh, Frankie might be missing. You might want to share this post on Facebook'," ychwanegodd.

"Oni'n shocked ond o ni'n meddwl, fysa fo ddim yn ddrwg oherwydd fysa Frankie ddim yn mynd i ffwrdd fel 'na.

"So nes i edrych ar Facebook ac oedd 'na fatha posts 'ma yn deud 'Search for a missing boy' ag on i 'tha reit ocê, so on ni'n rhannu bob dim ar Facebook a Instagram a bob dim, oherwydd dwi'n ffrindia' hefo fo.

"Ti 'sho ffeindio dy ffrind dwyt. Ond do' ni ddim yn meddwl 'sa fo'n cario mlaen mor hir a hwn. O ni'n meddwl fysa nhw di ffeindio fo'n fyw.

"Ti'm yn siwr be' i goelio dim mwy oherwydd ma' 'na mor gymaint o possibilities."

Mae Heddlu Gogledd Cymru yn parhau i chwilio am wybodaeth.

Google Translation (some words seem a bit wrong!):

One of the best friends of a young man from Anglesey who has been missing for nearly a month has urged people who know anything to share the information with the police.

Frantisek "Frankie" Morris, 18 from Llandegfan, Anglesey has been missing since May 2.

He was last seen on CCTV footage of the Vaynol Arms, Pentir, pushing his bike just after 13.00. The bike was later found.

Describing his friend, Merry Summer Pierce said Frankie had "dreams" about the future.

"He's a really nice guy, he deserves the world," Merry said.

"As he had all of these plans, dreams that I thought he wanted to do with him, nothing.

"So, yes, this is difficult.

"I've been friends with him since we were a baby, and - it's difficult because he first came over from Czech, just me and another girl he was friends with, no one else knew him when, and I remember that he came over as he was so excited to see us.

"He was a terrible user, he loved going around the mountains. He liked finding new places."

Glad to describe the time since Frankie went missing as a nightmare.

"I remember my mother sent me a text when we were on the way to college saying: 'Oh, Frankie might be missing. You might want to share this post on Facebook'," he added.

"Not shocked but we thought, it wouldn't be bad because Frankie wouldn't go away like that.

"I didn't look at Facebook and then there were posts saying 'Search for a missing boy' and I was quite right, we don't share everything on Facebook and Instagram and everything, because I'm friend with him.

"You got to find your friend. But we didn't think he'd carry on this long. We thought they'd find him alive.

"I'm not sure what to believe any more because there are so many possibilities."

North Wales Police are still looking for information.

‘Roedd gan Frankie’r holl freuddwydion - mae’n haeddu’r byd’

The police or family should set up an anonymous tip line / email address. I bet there’s a lot of people who’ve heard rumours or have suspicions but don’t feel they have enough evidence to go to the police, or fear repercussions.

Anyone can call or go online to CrimeStoppers and report information for any crime here in the UK and they aren't tracked. Don't think it's known these days as much as when it used to be mentioned on the CrimeWatch program.

Anyone can call or go online to CrimeStoppers and report information for any crime here in the UK and they aren't tracked. Don't think it's known these days as much as when it used to be mentioned on the CrimeWatch program.

Interesting! I didn’t know that and I’m in the UK. I suspect those younger than me are even less likely to. A post from the police, pinned on Frankie’s missing page on FB and shared widely, could make a big impact.

North Wales Police

FRANKIE MORRIS UPDATE | Police officers have confirmed this evening that a body has been discovered during the search for missing teenager Frankie Morris from Llandegfan, Anglesey.
Frankie had been missing since 2nd May which prompted a large search and police investigation.
The body was found in dense woodland near Caerhun on the outskirts of Bangor earlier this afternoon (Thursday, 3rd June)

Sad but at least that is part of the agony over for the family.

Lots of questions remain, of course. Was it suicide or foul play? Did the person initially arrested have anything to do with it? Was FM taken there or did he go there to meet someone?

Police officers confirmed on Thursday evening that a body has been discovered in the search for missing teenager 'Frankie' Morris from Llandegfan, Anglesey.

Frantisek 'Frankie' Morris had been missing since 2nd May which prompted a large search and police investigation.

The family of the 18-year-old say he went missing after attending a rave at a disused quarry near Waunfawr, Gwynedd.

He was last seen pushing his bike near the Vaynol Arms in Pentir, near Bangor, at 1.12pm on Sunday 2 May with the bike later found nearby.

Officers say a body was found in dense woodland near Caerhun on the outskirts of Bangor on Thursday afternoon.

Whilst no formal identification has taken place, the coroner has been informed and a post-mortem will take place on Friday.

Frankie’s family have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.

Detective Chief Inspector Lee Boycott said: “Our deepest, heartfelt sympathies go to Frankie’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”

Body recovered in search for missing teenager 'Frankie' Morris from Anglesey | ITV News

Lots of questions. I personally (no grounds for thinking this, just my opinion) think suicide is unlikely.

The worlds he mixed in, his lifestyle, drugs...and why walk from Brynrefail to Caerhun? There are loads of remote places en route if he had wanted to do that. And he had just come from the quarries where it’s very easy to kill oneself.

Lots of questions. I personally (no grounds for thinking this, just my opinion) think suicide is unlikely.

The worlds he mixed in, his lifestyle, drugs...and why walk from Brynrefail to Caerhun? There are loads of remote places en route if he had wanted to do that. And he had just come from the quarries where it’s very easy to kill oneself.

I am inclined to agree. Why bother going to the effort of walking all that way, and hiding the bike? He also seems to have made good time getting to the last timed sighting at the Vaynol pub based on when he was estimated to have left the rave. The CCTV images look like he was walking purposefully and he followed the safest route towards home. There are plenty of other, more secluded places he could have chosen to wander or just taken some time out if he wasn't feeling mentally well or had suicidal intentions.

I wonder what has led to this site being searched? Luck/deduction or information?

Yes, good question, and interesting that this is exactly the area police were focusing on last week even though everyone was wondering why, including the local people here. It makes me think they were following leads that have never been made public.

Sad news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back