Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm - I find this an odd thing to say. It was a cold day, yes, but it's not like it was freezing outside. Usually tonic-clonic seizures last only a couple of minutes, absence seizures are even shorter. The only danger is when they last longer than 5 minutes (status epilepticus) which can cause brain damage, but these happen rarely. It's also rare that people remain unconscious after a seizure. Most of the time when the seizure is over, they are confused for a while, but then get back to normal. Why would he assume that she would certainly die if she had a fit "on a night like that"? It's almost like he tries to set up an explanation for when they find her dead.
Hmm... Now the "no worries" comment bothers me?

MOO

Did they not say she ran off without her coat? Might be wrong.

Yes that's true but if you lie on the ground for 10 or 15 minutes without a coat in ~10 degree weather you're not gonna die from that. I find it an odd thing to say that she would certainly die if she had a seizure in this weather.

From the DM:- The elderly suspect's son, Paul, 49, was also been quizzed by police officers at the time of Gaia's disappearance.His father Greg Elsey said Paul offered officers his phone and bank card to prove he was working away in Weymouth when she vanished. Mr Elsey claims he now doesn't know where his son is.

It's the son that "hasnt been seen for a few days" that bothers me. Whats that all about?

The whole thing doesn't make sense, there's obviously a background issue/issue that we don't know about but I have a bad feeling about it.

The father Greg Elsey said Paul offered officers his phone and bank card to prove he was working away in Weymouth when she vanished. Mr Elsey claims he now doesn't know where his son is]

Police can easily check phone and bank records of a suspect without physical items so it's strange how he offered them up. What's to say this guy gave someone else who went to Weymouth his bank card and phone recently?

It seems a bit oh look I'm great as I helped the police (and then vanished).

Don't know if you followed the Becky Watts case but ...

Initially, there were the pleas for Becky to 'come home' ...

Then a VERY emotional plea from her Dad Darren, asking women to check their partners underwear for blood as Becky had been on her period...

We all were surprised and shocked at the video plea .. BUT ... we now know, that it was at that point, police were telling Dad that Becky's blood had been found etc ...

Family will know MUCH more than is being made public and also asked not to make certain public themselves.

I don't it is much use comparing the garage cctv photo of Gaia with the other photos, especially the professional photo which will have been posed for and probably edited...

I'm fairly sure my own children would struggle to recognise me on cctv ;)

Forensics stripping plumbing [emoji848] = yikes!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited to add - this was meant to be in reply to Machesma's post regarding Natashas emotive posts.

Don't know if you followed the Becky Watts case but ...

Initially, there were the pleas for Becky to 'come home' ...

Then a VERY emotional plea from her Dad Darren, asking women to check their partners underwear for blood as Becky had been on her period...

We all were surprised and shocked at the video plea .. BUT ... we now know, that it was at that point, police were telling Dad that Becky's blood had been found etc ...

Family will know MUCH more than is being made public and also asked not to make certain public themselves.

I don't it is much use comparing the garage cctv photo of Gaia with the other photos, especially the professional photo which will have been posed for and probably edited...

I'm fairly sure my own children would struggle to recognise me on cctv ;)

Forensics stripping plumbing [emoji848] = yikes!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder wether the family have had a message to say shes alive but dont want public to know incase shes not or public lose interest.

I find it very odd that there is so much forensic activity at the grandmother's house, even taking the plumbing out, which seems pretty serious to me, yet both suspects were let go and not held, which would indicate they don't have enough to hold them for longer than 24 hours?

So is LE fairly sure that a crime was committed in that house but still have no definite proof? :thinking:

RSBM

I think it makes sense for the police to release RD and NE under investigation.. while they're waiting for forensic results.

This way, if they need to call either or both of them back in, they still have 72 hours of questioning time remaining.

Everyone has different ways of saying things. In this situation with a teenager who's allegedly in a bad state I don't think it's necessarily a 'wrong' word to use as it implies vulnerability in the person being 'cuddled' in a more prolonged hugging and comforting scenario than the word 'hug' which often has a briefer duration.

I'm not saying you're wrong, only that I think it's worth looking at all angles rather than simply using words against someone due to suspicion.

Gaia's eyes look very puffy in those images, and she already looks upset there?

I agree with you there. As someone who suffers with a panic disorder the stripping off happens during a panic attack. It doesn't matter what temperature it is you are boiling and feel suffocated by your own clothes. This could also explain the shouting and I feel that RD says cuddle because she's looking at her fondly, after all Gaia is only 19 and is a child in RDs eyes.

IMO Gaia has taken off running because of this guy due to be released. She knows police will track her phone so left that behind and has wanted to disappear. She had a panic attack and took off running. Tried to find someone to help her disappear. I just hope that no harm has come to her either through someone taking advantage or her own doing.

I have just read over last few pages and will try to fill in some gaps for people

Map by Alice [?] is spot on, she would not have gone left at High Street because it includes a VERY steep hill, all flat the route she took. On Facebook site, the father of 'friend' she is alleged to have said she was going to see/find lives less that 5 minutes away from Manor Gardens at the top of Cow Lane [wont be more specific], he said she never arrived there.

From what I can make out, she was given a lift into Swanage by a relative in Langton Matravers [mother lives there, presuming it's her] Aunt lives in Argyl Road - I cannot understand why Gaia went to see her friend after arriving in Argyl Road - it would help to know what time the GP appt. was to work out whether she thought she had enough time for a quick visit beforehand?

I am not putting too much emphasis on RD not disclosing the conversation about what Gaia was upset about,<modsnip>

Now reported [Daily Mail IIRC] that RD phoned her daughter as she was worried about welfare of Gaia after she left... I thought RD was a 'family friend'? why couldn't she contact Gaia's family then? RD's daughter driving around looking for Gaia that evening

I agree with the poster re the problems encountered by parents of mentally ill children, this is potentially why Gaia was staying with her Aunt... it is on public display the extent of mental health issues of immediate family members... a lot to bare. It is also on public display that there were 'recreationals' involved which would put pressure of immediate family

I also really surprised at the 'ice cream' and 'stripping off'.... it WAS bitterly cold that day not JUST cold!!!

Gaia has a twin and 1 older sister.

Sorry this is rushed

RSBM

I think it makes sense for the police to release RD and NE under investigation.. while they're waiting for forensic results.

This way, if they need to call either or both of them back in, they still have 72 hours of questioning time remaining.

Thank you Alyce, that makes sense.

Why would she go knocking on grandmas door when Nathan lives right behind her? & then leave to go to another friend?
Without her coat?[emoji848]
In a different shirt?

"Mrs Dinch said the "upset" teenager - who suffers from severe epilepsy - had banged on her front door, asking for help.

She recalled: "She looked upset. Very upset. I am just so pleased because I gave her a cuddle and then she responded."

She added: "Of course I want to find her and I have no idea where she is"

She isn't seen leaving on any cameras.

"We have looked through CCTV that covers the Swanage area, including transport hubs, and there is nothing to suggest she has left the area"

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/gaia-pope-arrests-dunkirk-actor-13902568

MOO

GUYS- I have a crazy theory but it is just that and can't accuse anyone of anything but it fits.

Ok so instagram post- one night stand before she went missing- bit of a public - TELL ME IT IS A ONE NIGHT THING.

I am thinking motive- solely motive.

Add-

last place she was seen, RD not wanting to reveal what she was saying in her not-herself state- I think that is genuine.
Add her strong connections with the family for years- her and NE good friends for a long time- her twin stating he is innocent.
She is around a lot. Add the vehicle being taken, forensics all over the house- the arrests, the releases, but still in the house.
Add the posts made in public by RD ex about who is a bit awol.

It kinda fits. It may be soooo wrong- but it kinds fits

Sorry posted before read some are thinking along same lines and no disrespect to anybody- she could be a run away - she could be picked up by someone not on the radar like Sierra Le Mar was- just thinking out loud.

I wonder about local opinion.

We have a neighbour who said they tend to avoid people in the flats- struck me as snobby and rude to say. Who lives in the flats though? Why avoid a 19 year old guy who is reported as quiet and a brilliant actor with goals and popular? An OAP who is in ill health?

Honestly to all of you and mods- I am just thinking out loud and making no accusations in the slightest- I hope and wish and a part of me believes Gaia decided to disappear because of her mental state and paranoia. Her close friends are performing artists- she was talented with make up- if she wanted to disguise herself- absolutely no problem for her IMO. Some of her family, despite her never running off before- seem to and have very valid reasons to believe she has gone on her own stream. I do really hope so for all of them.

But the police are on the ball and guarded- there is major activity and prolonged and facts are facts. They are there. They are doing a very thorough job- big shout out to them and volunteers out every day. I think they know a lot more than we do.

ALSO that being said- nobody is named as a new suspect and nobody is being hunted or asked to watch out for and report. We live on rumour and what rag papers say. I honestly make no accusations- what fits with what we know? What makes sense? The poor girl could have easily ran for the open fields to be alone and had an accident and as simple as that. She has a lot of good friends and expressed concerns about her safety- never underestimate how loyal good friends can be. <modsnip> This is wide open. I am going to stop dominating the discussion now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668