Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether it's likely that RD and NE were under surveillance after they'd been released? If yes that would rule them out as the persons who dumped the clothes.

initially it wasn't known for certain if she had her meds with her or not

i'm thinking they must know by now.....her belongings at both houses will have been searched. if her disappearance was planned or a family member had assisted then i'm also sure the police will know by now

i feel she's in plain sight....under noses.....

She posted on SM she believed her mother cured her epilepsy 4 years ago so she might not be treating it.

RD can barely walk a few yards so i think she can be ruled out

She posted on SM she believed her mother cured her epilepsy 4 years ago so she might not be treating it.
If she isn't taking any treatment then there wouldn't be the problem of side effects from coming off it when she disappeared.

Does anyone know whether it's likely that RD and NE were under surveillance after they'd been released? If yes that would rule them out as the persons who dumped the clothes.

I'm not so sure this sort of thing happens that often in reality? IIRC in the Becky Watts case the Police had to track the couple down to re-arrest them and they had evidence/strong suspicions already.

Is it unusual that the police have left her social media channels so open for so long?

As much as I want to think she's hiding out somewhere, the early arrests for murder must mean there's some indication of foul play. Also the tearing apart of RD/PE flat must be to collect more evidence.

Takes me back to poor April Jones. Police knew something awful had happened, searches continued tirelessly but she was never found. Didn't he eventually slip-up by being spotted disposing of evidence?

Police must be watching and waiting for someone to crack or give game away.

Hunch is the uncle has been busy cleaning up, gran covering up. No idea where/how NE fits in.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I don't think we can pin TOO much on the Instagram posts as we aren't reading them in context - friends and family may be able to explain or understand them.
As I've said previously, they may not all be Gaias own texts/screenshots -

The 'advice' from Jupiturmm/Maya was posted after Gaia disappeared, while Maya was in a terrible state herself and in her own unstable brain, Maya could well have been convincing herself that Gaia was hiding rather than the unthinkable.

Whatever has happened - I truly don't think that Gaia would purposefully put her parents, siblings and loved ones through this ...

I don't think we can pin TOO much on the Instagram posts as we aren't reading them in context - friends and family may be able to explain or understand them.
As I've said previously, they may not all be Gaias own texts/screenshots -

The 'advice' from Jupiturmm/Maya was posted after Gaia disappeared, while Maya was in a terrible state herself and in her own unstable brain, Maya could well have been convincing herself that Gaia was hiding rather than the unthinkable.

Whatever has happened - I truly don't think that Gaia would purposefully put her parents, siblings and loved ones through this ...

Still, I hope the LE have spoken to Jupiturmm and asked what was meant by the 'advice'.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at dorset.police.uk, via email 101@dorset.pnn.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting incident number 16:301. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.

overthemoon, to save asking the mods to do it, could you take down that post please. As has been pointed out already, it is not permitted.

The article says the girl was under 18 but over the age of consent which would make her 16 or 17 two years ago. They went up before court in december 2016 and were probably held in custody so when they got their 2 year sentence it would have started from december 2016. If they were given a 2 year sentence they would normally serve half of that meaning they will be released next month.

It may be an unrelated case but all of the dates and ages match up and if they did that to GP it would explain her behaviour and wanting to disappear before they are released.

I'm not so sure this sort of thing happens that often in reality? IIRC in the Becky Watts case the Police had to track the couple down to re-arrest them and they had evidence/strong suspicions already.

Suspects are certainly put under surveillance if the police think they might get worthwhile evidence from it.

It tends not to be done unless there is a realistic chance that the persons being watched may lead to measurable progress in the investigation simply because it ties up at least 2 officers at any one time for each person being watched from a car parked near a property - and that's expensive. Foot surveillance can tie up even more officers.

Contrary to popular belief, manned surveillance of any sort is pretty much a last resort in the UK due to cost and, in cases where it is carried out by virtually any public body (including the police), the paperwork necessary to comply with RIPA.

Suspects are certainly put under surveillance if the police think they might get worthwhile evidence from it.

It tends not to be done unless there is a realistic chance that the persons being watched may lead to measurable progress in the investigation simply because it ties up at least 2 officers at any one time for each person being watched from a car parked near a property - and that's expensive. Foot surveillance can tie up even more officers.

Contrary to popular belief, manned surveillance of any sort is pretty much a last resort in the UK due to cost and, in cases where it is carried out by virtually any public body (including the police), the paperwork necessary to comply with RIPA.

I agree and is basically what I said! The manpower and cost apart from anything else rules it out until it is the last resort (like a Crimewatch appeal). Also takes time to plan and this case is only a week old and right now is a missing person that is suspected of coming to harm.

Clothing was found yesterday at about 10:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members