GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad that I always get really upset in cases where the dog goes missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not at all, I am the same where animals are concerned. Humans can - often - sort things out for themselves but animals can be so much more vulnerable and at the mercy of others.

Not at all!! I do the same exact thing and it bothers me every day. So often innocent dogs become victims just trying to be loyal to their masters.

Another confirmation that I'm actually British then. #anglophile

You're one of us in my head, wfgodot. You like old ruins, gin and care about Cadburys. ;)

Any more news on Helen? Where is everyone up to with this?

No real news Cags. Yesterday was the dog walk on Royston Heath with a good turn out by all accounts, and ITV news covered the event ( will add the link in a mo )

One thing that I have been pondering about - and this might just be me being a bit picky ! but....

all the reports of Helen's last sighting say that she was seen at 2.45pm on Monday April 11, walking Boris.

However, the report says that she was seen walking along Heathfield - between her home and Green Drift ( Heathfield Road is adjacent to Helen's home, Green Drift is at the back of her home ).
So, to me, that indicates that she was not taking Boris for a walk - but was actually going somewhere specific, and taking Boris with her.

If she had just been taking Boris for a walk, she would have been on the Heath, which is where she always went for dog walks - it is after all, opposite her front door.

So, was she taking Boris to a friend, to take care of, before she disappeared ?

This is an older article but I read more carefully and had a few questions about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uthor-helen-bailey-had-only-just-got-engaged/

Quoting:
And in a recent blog post, she (Helen) wrote that things had “been difficult” and said: “It continues to be an anxious and challenging time.”

And:
“She had moved forward with her life and was really loving the life that she lived.” (quoting her grief counsellor)

These two quotes seem to contradict themselves.

Also:

"In 2013 she moved in with Mr Stewart, who had also lost his wife in tragic circumstances."

Did the media ever disclose what these tragic circumstances were?

This is an older article but I read more carefully and had a few questions about it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uthor-helen-bailey-had-only-just-got-engaged/

Quoting:
And in a recent blog post, she (Helen) wrote that things had “been difficult” and said: “It continues to be an anxious and challenging time.”

And:
“She had moved forward with her life and was really loving the life that she lived.” (quoting her grief counsellor)

These two quotes seem to contradict themselves.

Also:

"In 2013 she moved in with Mr Stewart, who had also lost his wife in tragic circumstances."

Did the media ever disclose what these tragic circumstances were?

I've read that she died unexpectedly in their garden, but it was a while ago and I don't remember the source.

No real news Cags. Yesterday was the dog walk on Royston Heath with a good turn out by all accounts, and ITV news covered the event ( will add the link in a mo )

One thing that I have been pondering about - and this might just be me being a bit picky ! but....

all the reports of Helen's last sighting say that she was seen at 2.45pm on Monday April 11, walking Boris.

However, the report says that she was seen walking along Heathfield - between her home and Green Drift ( Heathfield Road is adjacent to Helen's home, Green Drift is at the back of her home ).
So, to me, that indicates that she was not taking Boris for a walk - but was actually going somewhere specific, and taking Boris with her.

If she had just been taking Boris for a walk, she would have been on the Heath, which is where she always went for dog walks - it is after all, opposite her front door.

So, was she taking Boris to a friend, to take care of, before she disappeared ?

Yes, she could have taken Boris to an understanding friend, although I think they would find it hard to keep quiet given all the upset caused by Helen's disappearance. But, as you say she would have had a purpose to be on that road so it looks like she was leaving and had perhaps decided to keep Boris with her.

I have noticed that the fb group set up for info and to spread awareness is now leaving comments up that suggest Helen has gone off to spend time alone. Which reminds me .... do we know if Helen took her passport with her?

Yes, she could have taken Boris to an understanding friend, although I think they would find it hard to keep quiet given all the upset caused by Helen's disappearance. But, as you say she would have had a purpose to be on that road so it looks like she was leaving and had perhaps decided to keep Boris with her.

I have noticed that the fb group set up for info and to spread awareness is now leaving comments up that suggest Helen has gone off to spend time alone. Which reminds me .... do we know if Helen took her passport with her?

I was thinking about that the other day..... the scenario of Helen having left Boris with a friend and how the friend might feel when she saw that Helen's disappearance had become a huge upset.
But perhaps the friend ( if this is the case ) is thinking, well I know Helen is coming back, she told me she was and if I say anything now then I will have huge hassles and the police questioning me ......... so I will just wait until Helen comes back and leave her to do the explaining.

Far as I know, nothing had been said re Helen taking her passport ( or not ). It's another point that is similar to the money information. It has not been clarified whether or not Helen took the * large * sum of money that she apparently had access to at home.

Sadly this article was posted 4/19, and I don't think she has left an electronic trail since.

Far as I remember, this was the only time her FB account was used.

I think Helen and her beloved Boris walked off into the sunset together and reunited themselves with JS.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just a lurker breaching for a moment here to ask if her husband has been looked at? I don't necessarily think he is guilty but typically police investigations work from the center out, and I haven't seen, or have missed, any discussion of his been checked out and/or cleared.
MOO A bit of discomfort I do have is that her husband's two adult sons live at home with the couple. That might mean nothing as my adult daughter lived at home for awhile just after university. I am curious how that arrangement worked for Helen, being the new woman in dad's life.

This part of the article interested me - the fact that the police are still - 7 weeks on - going through CCTV footage - I would not have thought it would take that long to look at footage of the relevant day in Royston and Broadstairs

Both her cars were left behind at her home, but police believe it is possible that she might have gone to her Broadstairs home by train. A team of about five officers at the force control room in Welwyn Garden City are still working through train station CCTV footage, an incredibly time-consuming process. Officers have also gathered CCTV from neighbouring houses from the day she disappeared, and digital media investigators (trained to view CCTV quickly) are trawling through that. Local taxi firms have been interviewed, to see if anyone drove her away. Police have searched her home in Broadstairs, and remain uncertain about whether or not she actually visited it.

Likewise, this point below. If it were someone close to me who was missing, I would take every opportunity to keep her disappearance in the public eye and would be very willing to be interviewed, even if I thought I had nothing new to say. Perhaps it is just me, but I do feel a certain reluctance here.

Neither her brother nor her partner wanted to be interviewed, saying they had nothing new to add, and a Facebook campaign group, Where is Helen Bailey?, set up by three of her friends, said they had “to reflect the family’s wishes”, and were also unwilling to comment.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...issing-mystery-disappearance-childrens-author

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue