GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the impression that IS will blame ANYBODY but himself for his misfortunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's probably been a busy bean today, sitting in his cell, making a list

He was deluded if he thought it was all just going to go away, with no media attention especially as she was a successful author, but was obviously trying to keep it as low profile as he could.

As I recall, going back to last April/Ma y the two most obvious things to me were the note - how it was written and whether it had been verified as her handwriting - and his not talking to press or doing any TV appeals.

More latterly, still would like to know how one son flies off to Australia during May seemingly not that bothered, and what was Stewart's demeanor like on his own holiday. He must have come into contact with others at some points, however briefly.

The Australia trip is interesting. I can certainly sympathise with a young person not wanting to cancel their long-saved for big trip. But given that IS could easily have covered the expense involved, I would expect a genuinely worried partner to urge his son to postpone it, and offer to cover the cost. That IS did not do this, and probably urged him to go, says more about IS to me, than the son.

I can't see what purpose would have been served by Oliver not going on his Australian trip.

I would say that meanness is indeed a warning sign, as is early boundary-testing dressed up as charming impulsiveness: the "I nicked a chip off her plate" story about meeting Diane, and the turning up on Helen's doorstep both come to mind.

Yes and it's all the more confusing because I would associate that kind of behaviour with someone who is quite confident and sociable, but he was only sociable in a one-to-one setting and not with other people.

Just remembering the lady Helen spoke about wanting to comfort when they were out having coffee one day and he said no. And another example is the neighbours in broadstairs who never saw much of Helen after she met IS.

Another thing, although totally unrelated, is how his appearance has changed so much. It's not merely ageing I don't think, he has radically changed since 2009, that last Christmas photo with Diane and boys.

I would say that meanness is indeed a warning sign, as is early boundary-testing dressed up as charming impulsiveness: the "I nicked a chip off her plate" story about meeting Diane, and the turning up on Helen's doorstep both come to mind.

Very much so. I didn't like the chip stealing or turning up unannounced incidents one little bit, and if I was the lady involved, both would have put me off him. But I do feel the latter event was sinister and a huge red flag that Helen should have picked up on. It is a clear indicator of how off-balance her judgement was at that time, so soon after her bereavement. It's the very reason that counsellor/life coach should have been suggesting she avoid romantic liaisons for at least a year, rather than encouraging her to snap IS up pronto before another woman did (like he was some sort of prize!)

Maybe I'm being over sensitive here due to my own situation, but the subtext seemed to be; as a middle aged woman you should grab any man who comes along because you're lucky to get one - no matter how ineligible he is! Helen was a very eligible woman for many reasons, her money the least of them, and she had no reason to 'grab' anyone in a hurry. Oh if only she hadn't.

The Sun article made my blood boil - the arrogance of this man, thinking he could stonewall not only the police but journalists too, make them leave him alone, the poor persecuted Ian and forget all about Helen. As if the law, the press and all her family and friends wouldn't care hugely about her disappearance and push for answers! He totally disrespected and underestimated her in life and in death didn't he? He's got a long time to ponder on that now!

Here's the interview with the CPS Prosecutor, in case anybody is interested for whatever reason...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Yes - CPS Prosecutor Charles White gives one of the most interesting interviews ever. (When I watched this video before - there was a second part to it where he continued but it didn't play like that this time).Thank you BatFace .. it was good to here his voice of reason.

Yes and it's all the more confusing because I would associate that kind of behaviour with someone who is quite confident and sociable, but he was only sociable in a one-to-one setting and not with other people.

Just remembering the lady Helen spoke about wanting to comfort when they were out having coffee one day and he said no. And another example is the neighbours in broadstairs who never saw much of Helen after she met IS.

Another thing, although totally unrelated, is how his appearance has changed so much. It's not merely ageing I don't think, he has radically changed since 2009, that last Christmas photo with Diane and boys.

He was much heavier in the early photos with Diane wasn't he? I wouldn't put it past him to have gone on a diet after her death to help him succeed in snaring a rich widow.

He was much heavier in the early photos with Diane wasn't he? I wouldn't put it past him to have gone on a diet after her death to help him succeed in snaring a rich widow.

I think you're right.

And grew his gray hair a bit and allowed an 11 o clock shadow. Didn't make him any the more attractive though.

Yes - CPS Prosecutor Charles White gives one of the most interesting interviews ever. (When I watched this video before - there was a second part to it where he continued but it didn't play like that this time).Thank you BatFace .. it was good to here his voice of reason.

It does go on to the 2nd part.

Both of the videos can be found on the DM article - just scroll down further to find the second part.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251248/Narcissist-liar-obsessed-millions.html

I think he hid himself behind that grey beard and the real man I thought repulsive indeed. But it's a subtle process 'Oh yes I love dogs too' 'oh yes I love watching Arsenal' and the fake shared sense of humour...

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost weight because being on his own he was unable to cook himself a meal. He doesn't strike me as someone concerned by his appearance enough to think about dieting. He seems such a slovenly man in those cctvs. Lazy *advertiser censored*.

Hope everyone sleeps well - going to bed now. Thank you for the interesting links and posts. 34 years !!!

For anyone who wasn`t able to listen to Jeremy Vine here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08f4j5j

- begins approx 8 minutes into the programme

Haven`t been able to catch up with the posts for the last couple of day but thrilled at the sentence and that they will be reviewing Diane`s death. My father is 95 so there`s always an extra few years to tack on to the 34 years if need be...

Been thinking a lot about the picture that is emerging and being pieced together, from all the things we have learnt in the course of studying this case, with regard to IS.

Am catching up with the Jeremy Vine programme so catch you all tomorrow.

Michelle x

P.S. If there is anything worse than looking at the pictures of IS we have been subjected to recently - the video of him being arrested early in the morning - oh dear :eek:hwow:

What strikes me most of all since the grizzly beard has gone - what a cruel mouth he seems to have. Someone said earlier, almost with a sneer. Shudder.

Off to bed as well. 'Night xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member