GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What strikes me most of all since the grizzly beard has gone - what a cruel mouth he seems to have. Someone said earlier, almost with a sneer. Shudder.

Off to bed as well. 'Night xx

Indeed - the monster has finally been unmasked. Nighty-night lovely icemaiden, big kiss from Dolly-Dog (snoring like a tractor as usual!) X

Hope everyone sleeps well - going to bed now. Thank you for the interesting links and posts. 34 years !!!

I put my boots and coat on and walked the dogs earlier. It was a lovely calm clear night, (there's no Doris up north) looked at the stars, taking in the nice cool air on my face. Such a simple pleasure but one he'll never ever get the opportunity to enjoy again. She kept her promise too did helen. He got his 30 years and typical of her generosity, she gave him an extra four. Goodnight [emoji42]

For anyone who wasn`t able to listen to Jeremy Vine here is the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08f4j5j

- begins approx 8 minutes into the programme

Haven`t been able to catch up with the posts for the last couple of day but thrilled at the sentence and that they will be reviewing Diane`s death. My father is 95 so there`s always an extra few years to tack on to the 34 years if need be...

Been thinking a lot about the picture that is emerging and being pieced together, from all the things we have learnt in the course of studying this case, with regard to IS.

Am catching up with the Jeremy Vine programme so catch you all tomorrow.

Michelle x

P.S. If there is anything worse than looking at the pictures of IS we have been subjected to recently - the video of him being arrested early in the morning - oh dear :eek:hwow:

Sweet dreams Michelle, thanks again for all your brilliant reports from the trial, you deserve a fabulous holiday to get over it! X

Hope everyone sleeps well - going to bed now. Thank you for the interesting links and posts. 34 years !!!

Goodnight sweet Joely, how I will miss your thoughtful, eloquent posts. Yes, 34 years, a great day for justice! X

attachment.php

Night all. Sleep well ..... :eek:fftobed:

Fabulous photo! Sleep well. X

You also may want to catch up with this - and hear Helen`s voice again (she speaks beautifully!). It`s Radio 4 "Woman`s Hour"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06k9bzw

It`s from October 24th 2015, about 37 minutes in - about widowhood and her book "Planet Grief". There are some very poignant moments when she talks about death, and expectations of older people dying. She talks about her "new" partner...
Listening to her warm, clear voice, she sounds so very alive.

Make sure you turn the lights out in here DollyDiamond. Big hug to my little sweetie - tractor indeed!!

:bedtime:

You also may want to catch up with this - and hear Helen`s voice again (she speaks beautifully!). It`s Radio 4 "Woman`s Hour"

It`s from October 24th 2015, about 37 minutes in - about widowhood and her book "Planet Grief". There are some very poignant moments when she talks about death, and expectations of older people dying. She talks about her "new" partner...

Oh thank you Michelle- that must be the interview that Jane Garvey was talking about, where she was so impressed by how lovely and warm Helen was.

Just been listening to the Jeremy Vine discussion. Don't think much of that Wansell chap. He was mostly talking out of his

RBBM. Humble apologies for repeating myself but considering that certain toxicology tests can be carried out on cremains (how detailed and for how long after cremation I don't know) his dilatory approach to Diane's ashes makes me hope the police have paid a further visit to the garage.

The Hadlands/ Bovington poisoner (I forget his name) was partly convicted by analysis of one of his victim's ashes, however in this case the poisoner was using the heavy elemental metal thallium. Zopiclone, being an organic substance, would be totally destroyed during cremation. So I would have thought that Diane's ashes would be useless to trace anything, unless IS was stupid and used something like arsenic or mercury to poison her.

Thanks Michelle x

The Hadlands/ Bovington poisoner (I forget his name) was partly convicted by analysis of one of his victim's ashes, however in this case the poisoner was using the heavy elemental metal thallium. Zopiclone, being an organic substance, would be totally destroyed during cremation. So I would have thought that Diane's ashes would be useless to trace anything, unless IS was stupid and used something like arsenic or mercury to poison her.

Makes sense, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

, unless IS was stupid and used something like arsenic or mercury to poison her.

I think it's possible that he didn't actually poison her. Someone suggested earlier that if she was epileptic and prescribed medicine for the condition, he might have doctored her medication by substituting something harmless for the active drug, so that she would have been unprotected. Suits his MO.

I think it's possible that he didn't actually poison her. Someone suggested earlier that if she was epileptic and prescribed medicine for the condition, he might have doctored her medication by substituting something harmless for the active drug, so that she would have been unprotected. Suits his MO.

Absolutely. I'd want to know more about her actual medical history though, and whether her condition was as serious as IS made out. I was quite perplexed by the relevance of his meanderings on the topic when he was on the stand- it was as though he wanted to claim his wife's (relatively common) experience of high blood pressure in pregnancy as something massively traumatic to him. I just think there is more to all this than what he has portrayed, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd exaggerated Diane's health problems for his own purposes. Much as he painted Helen as hugely anxious and highly strung when he wanted people to think she'd voluntarily taken herself off somewhere to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More latterly, still would like to know how one son flies off to Australia during May seemingly not that bothered, and what was Stewart's demeanor like on his own holiday. He must have come into contact with others at some points, however briefly.

The Australia trip is interesting. I can certainly sympathise with a young person not wanting to cancel their long-saved for big trip. But given that IS could easily have covered the expense involved, I would expect a genuinely worried partner to urge his son to postpone it, and offer to cover the cost. That IS did not do this, and probably urged him to go, says more about IS to me, than the son.

How do you know it was a long saved for trip Batface?

His girlfriend said he only went to the passport office April 12th, the day after Helen went missing so I assumed it might be a last minute trip rather than long planned.

That's a great interview but I think the CPS chap is wrong about why he murdered Helen before the wedding - I think it was just to save money on the ring + wedding.

I agree.He saw everything Helen owned as his and saw it as her wasting his money. If he protested at having to pay £3 for a meal, imagine how he felt at forking out 14k on rings and then a wedding on top of that. It sounded like it also grieved him that Helen was spending (what he saw as HIS) money on 1st class flights for the holiday and one of the first things he tried to do once she was dead was to cancel the holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214