GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
e9ee8113751061a15083a0d7e8087d18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wouldn't really have mattered at that stage (2012). He would have known he wasn't in it because he had only just asked her to marry him and it would have been too premature, even for him, to think she had included him in her will.

No I meant, because it would tell him just how wealthy Helen was.

eta he knew about Highgate and Broadstairs - and possibly Gateshead, but possibly did not know how much actual cash / investments Helen had, from royalties etc....
would have been useful for him to have his approximate calculations confirmed in writing and perhaps even exceed his expectations.

Thanks, I realised after I had already posted and went away for a while.

I wouldn't put anything past him. He read her books for teens, JS' diaries, and probably everything and anything he could get his hands on. In secret. He was a stalker. Knew her passwords, what herbal medications she carried in her handbag, probably read her emails and checked her phone. He studied her.

eta he knew about Highgate and Broadstairs - and possibly Gateshead, but possibly did not know how much actual cash / investments Helen had, from royalties etc....
would have been useful for him to have his approximate calculations confirmed in writing and perhaps even exceed his expectations.

Only if she let him read the will - but she probably did. :(
In my experience a sheet of paper is usually laid over the document so that only the signature part is visible to the witnesses.

Now IS is slung away out of sight for the rest of his life he should be entirely forgotten and peoples happy memories of Helen can come to the fore. I would hate for her legacy to be defined by her bad luck in meeting IS and her murder at his hands. She had a wonderful successful life before she met him, I intend to focus on that from now on!

Well, let's hope it won't be defined by this, Dolly...but I'm afraid it will be difficult. The Sun, of course, calls her 'Tragic Helen'.

It was strange when he talked about witnessing the will. I'll look it up, but from memory he made it sound as if Helen scrawled it on a piece of paper and grabbed the nearest people to her before dashing to the airport for their holiday.

Another possibility is that his passport was near its expiry date. Is that feasible at his age? I'm not sure how things work with children's passports.

They change things, but he may have had an old child passport which was only valid for 5 years and due to expire? Usually if it's due to expire around the time you're 16, you'd get a ten year one, but you can use a child one until it expires, even if you're over 18 (IME-based on youngest.)

PS Does anyone know (may have missed) what prison will be staging the IS panto? For some reason I want to know this before I can focus on good things, maybe a bit more writing (not in Helen's style and nowhere near as good) getting a new dog (registered with Battersea today) and helping my son get better (not to mention a bit of work). I visited an elderly fraudster in Doncaster some years ago, and met an anti-nuclear friend of a friend outside Lincoln prison in the 80s (he'd cut the fence at Molesworth in an anti-Cruise missile protest) on his release. I would just like to picture where IS will have most of his 30+ years of misery.

People do not usually state the worth of their estate in a Will just refer to percentages except for small bequeaths.The amount would change over the years.

Still on my travels to find the will testimony, just saw this again

[FONT=&quot]“I was trying to keep things going and on the move. We made the decision the flat in Newcastle was going.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“I thought if I had the power of attorney the lawyer could get on with it.

Confirmation his plan was not to make Helen unable to manage her own affairs (as Laura Richards posited) but to kill her and not wait for her death to be registered 7 years down the line, to get her money.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Stewart then said: “I thought I’d wait and see if she was still with Joe and Dave - oh sorry Joe and Nick”.

:D ah, memory lane..

oh and

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It was a little tiny phone. I took a call and I said: ‘Hello’[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Stewart then said: “I thought I’d wait and see if she was still with Joe and Dave - oh sorry Joe and Nick”.

:D ah, memory lane..

oh and

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“It was a little tiny phone. I took a call and I said: ‘Hello’[/FONT]

attachment.php

Attachments

• d4328eda1d9e9c83b40de68c92a0e0c2.jpg
    d4328eda1d9e9c83b40de68c92a0e0c2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 119
People do not usually state the worth of their estate in a Will just refer to percentages except for small bequeaths.The amount would change over the years.

Yes, very true. Perhaps then he just wanted to see if she had any other assets that he had not heard about - another house, jewellery items etc, which should have been mentioned specifically.

Good catch!

As I have mentioned before, Murderer as amateur script writer is a particular fascination of mine.

These perps always make the mistake of included large amounts of exposition in their work - probably because they get their ideas off television

Quality script writing tries to keep exposition down though you sometimes need a bit to help the plot along or remind the viewers what is happening.

But of course real life does not include exposition, foreshadowing or other cinematic techniques!

Jonbenet ramson note....Listen carefully....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megsleuths97