GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]“Our first holiday abroad was 2012, the day we were meant to fly was when Helen’s first will was signed. “Helen panicked with what happened to John, she suddenly panicked. “I was a witness along with the dog sitter, Helen signed it as soon as we walked out of the door. “We both went away to Portugal."

[/FONT]

Just caught end of interesting discussion on radio 2 re IS being allowed not to be in court/video link for sentencing and Judge sentencing remarks

[FONT=&quot]“My bowel working in reverse was causing breathing problems.

[/FONT]

I think IS made more of this than is actually true. He said that his mother had PND then OCD. I am not minimising these at all but she was a school teacher wasn't she? She obviously functioned at a high level academically and held down a respectable post. I don't think there was any need for IS to share this information in court, it was just another example of the blame game.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Not sure what you are meaning here?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Michelle

was there an explanation in court for it?

Amazing how the internet is always to blame

As if men weren't killing and abusing their domestic partners before its invention

Moir is looking from the victims point of view, and of course Helen was simply unlucky

But if you look at IS he was a danger to women in general and maybe was already a killer.

I find keeping safe to be a myth propagated by the likes of the Daily Mail, when the real issue is that men keep killing/abusing women and kids.

We can't keep women safe while people like IS are out there.

Totally agree - the issue here is male violence. The internet is a powerful tool for good or ill, and dangerous men like IS have found it invaluable in achieving their ends.

When a disaster like Helen's murder occurs, it's human nature to want to learn lessons from it. It's too late for Helen, but how can others protect themselves from similar danger? I think many people who knew her must be torturing themselves over and over with 'if onlys', wishing they had warned her he was a gold digger. But would she have listened? Apart from her comment to a friend about "TLC" wearing thin, it doesn't appear Helen had a moment's disquiet about IS, believed he loved her and clearly never questioned his motives.

I'm just hovering here. I blame IS for my getting the flu. I'm joking but it has been stressful. Helen was a brilliant writer. Why? We ALL identified with her and that's a great gift. Just a thought, clearly IS acting repertoire didn't extend to the sacrifices made in a real relationship. He was 'all take'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They change things, but he may have had an old child passport which was only valid for 5 years and due to expire? Usually if it's due to expire around the time you're 16, you'd get a ten year one, but you can use a child one until it expires, even if you're over 18 (IME-based on youngest.)

PS Does anyone know (may have missed) what prison will be staging the IS panto? For some reason I want to know this before I can focus on good things, maybe a bit more writing (not in Helen's style and nowhere near as good) getting a new dog (registered with Battersea today) and helping my son get better (not to mention a bit of work). I visited an elderly fraudster in Doncaster some years ago, and met an anti-nuclear friend of a friend outside Lincoln prison in the 80s (he'd cut the fence at Molesworth in an anti-Cruise missile protest) on his release. I would just like to picture where IS will have most of his 30+ years of misery.

Not sure if we will find out. The only way I have seen which prison, in past cases, is if the person comes to attention of media for one reason or another. eg; Nathan Matthews ( Becky Watts ) complaining about his treatment in prison, so we get the name of the prison in the article.

Would be interesting to know, particularly whether he stays in a B or goes to an A

[FONT=&amp]“My bowel working in reverse was causing breathing problems.

[/FONT]

06FVu8o.gif

Just caught end of interesting discussion on radio 2 re IS being allowed not to be in court/video link for sentencing and Judge sentencing remarks

Looking forward to an explanation of that.

I think I might just reply in all gifs and emojis from now on.

So much more eloquent than I am.

:laughing:

When a disaster like Helen's murder occurs, it's human nature to want to learn lessons from it. It's too late for Helen, but how can others protect themselves from similar danger? I think many people who knew her must be torturing themselves over and over with 'if onlys', wishing they had warned her he was a gold digger. But would she have listened? Apart from her comment to a friend about "TLC" wearing thin, it doesn't appear Helen had a moment's disquiet about IS, believed he loved her and clearly never questioned his motives.

But correct me if I'm wrong - didn't Helen's friends and family have very little opportunity to get to know him? He made sure of that.

[FONT=&amp]“Our first holiday abroad was 2012, the day we were meant to fly was when Helen’s first will was signed. “Helen panicked with what happened to John, she suddenly panicked. “I was a witness along with the dog sitter, Helen signed it as soon as we walked out of the door. “We both went away to Portugal."

[/FONT]

I think he was trying to convey that Helen hadn't really thought that first will through, it was a rush job, so she had to revisit it and do it 'properly' afterwards.

But correct me if I'm wrong - didn't Helen's friends and family have very little opportunity to get to know him? He made sure of that.

And I suppose Helen was unlikely to have told anyone except the solicitor and T Hurley about her financial arrangements.

Still on. Very thought provoking

Interesting that Levi Bellfield was mentioned in the same light. If not in forced into court then IS should have had to listen/watch the video by link at least-big speakers, no ear blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003