GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going a bit deeper I would say that as a very young child he has had to deny wanting anything for himself. That is just my instinct telling me that.

(no sympathy or excuses)

I hope you're not blaming his poor mother because IS said she suffered from post-natal depression... We have no idea if there was even any truth to his account of his childhood. Any even if she did have PND that doesn't mean she was a bad mother in any way.

I hope you're not blaming his poor mother because IS said she suffered from post-natal depression... We have no idea if there was even any truth to his account of his childhood. Any even if she did have PND that doesn't mean she was a bad mother in any way.

I don't think I did.

And how do you know she's poor?

I thought the docu very shallow. Why did they not wait and do a much deeper programme that would explain to many the deeper and more important points of this awful event.

Because they wanted to be the first and make lost and lots of £.

I used to work in a Hospital that had 3 visiting psychiatrists. Two of them were as bizarre as some of their patients and quite frankly I thought they needed treatment themselves. This will make you laugh or cry but the third who was really down to earth, sensible, and very understanding, had a wife who used to beat him up! I am not joking. I think he had a lucky escape when she died early (no he didn't murder her). He later married a lovely lady and they lived happily ever after. Sadly neither are with us any longer but I remember thinking how lovely it was he found, late in life, genuine happiness after such a miserable existence with his first wife.

Oh bless him, amazing how abusers find victims - glad he eventually escaped her.

By the way, I must put my hand up and say I am cynical about TV 'experts', having worked with so many of them over the years. Better be careful what I say here, but one in particular was a total charlatan and is still doing very well as the resident shrink on a big reality TV show. This person was responsible for counselling celebrities behind the scenes and every single one of them complained to me about this person's lack of professionalism and uncanny knack for causing offence. The TV experts I have known have been egotistical, self aggrandising, glory stealers to a man/woman, with little in the way of any real talent or insight into the human psyche.

...I really must learn to form an opinion, Lol!

I get the impression that IS will blame ANYBODY but himself for his misfortunes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh bless him, amazing how abusers find victims - glad he eventually escaped her.

By the way, I must put my hand up and say I am cynical about TV 'experts', having worked with so many of them over the years. Better be careful what I say here, but one in particular was a total charlatan and is still doing very well as the resident shrink on a big reality TV show. This person was responsible for counselling celebrities behind the scenes and every single one of them complained to me about this person's lack of professionalism and uncanny knack for causing offence. The TV experts I have known have been egotistical, self aggrandising, glory stealers to a man/woman, with little in the way of any real talent or insight into the human psyche.

...I really must learn to form an opinion, Lol!

I remember Raj Persaud's fall from grace. I think he was one of the first UK rent-a-psychs.

BY AMY JONES, SUN WRITER

"WHEN I began investigating Helen’s disappearance I told cops of Stewart’s strange and worrying behaviour.Speaking to neighbours in Royston, Herts, I was met with a wall of silence that disturbs me to this day.Most claimed Stewart had told them not to talk to the press. It sent a shiver down my spine even then.Didn’t he want to know where she was?When I called on Stewart himself, he slammed the door on me without a word.And in Broadstairs, Kent — where they had a second home and where Stewart claimed Helen had gone — things took an even more sinister twist.Nobody had seen her. They had seen him, though, and said he seemed more concerned with what cops knew than where Helen was.Alarm bells rang again. Stewart was building a wall of silence intended to hide his guilt.These were not the actions of a devoted man in fear for his loved one’s safety.The truth was hidden in plain sight."

Disgusted by that tweet tbh. As I was by the Sky News presenter last night who called him 'Stewart Bailey' not once not twice but three or four times last night! A lot of media people seem stupid and brittle. So affected by his first wife's death indeed!

Yes I heard that.

I know, make it stop! He could eat a mango through a tennis racket.

Oh DollyD!! That's really cracked me up here! Where do you get these crackers from?! :laughing:

Pssst. My dentist would have a field day with him. :biggrin:

BY AMY JONES, SUN WRITER

"WHEN I began investigating Helen’s disappearance I told cops of Stewart’s strange and worrying behaviour.Speaking to neighbours in Royston, Herts, I was met with a wall of silence that disturbs me to this day.Most claimed Stewart had told them not to talk to the press. It sent a shiver down my spine even then.Didn’t he want to know where she was?When I called on Stewart himself, he slammed the door on me without a word.And in Broadstairs, Kent — where they had a second home and where Stewart claimed Helen had gone — things took an even more sinister twist.Nobody had seen her. They had seen him, though, and said he seemed more concerned with what cops knew than where Helen was.Alarm bells rang again. Stewart was building a wall of silence intended to hide his guilt.These were not the actions of a devoted man in fear for his loved one’s safety.The truth was hidden in plain sight."

Very reminiscent of his plea to the Facebook group to complain to the BBC about press intrusion, isn't it?

MillyM, a bit like the interview with the cleaning lady who said she was nervous to talk to the interviewer as she was scared of IS. He'd probably told her the same. The link was here earlier today.

M.Holson. His arrest - Total shock. I had no susp of IS. Didn't know what to think, whether I was to back him up or think the worst. .

police interview . Lawyers prep statement was read before he goes No comment during the police interview which we have all already seen. On advice of his lawyer he even stays silent on thing he has already told the police eg, why he went to the dump.
Ex murder detective colin sutton- police interview is basically a ritual as it has no evidential value.

Nbour mavis drake comments- she went to tell cops about cess pit. Police said wtte Get out this is a crime scene etc.

mavis drake is “Desperately sad that she had this horrific horrendous death. “

Sylvia jordan. “You can't take ur eyes off the house when u look out of the window . U thought they were a happy couple but were they?”

BIB - Sorry, can't help but :giggle:

Here's the interview with the CPS Prosecutor, in case anybody is interested for whatever reason...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

BY AMY JONES, SUN WRITER

Thank you for posting and bless the Daily Mail and The Sun.

:heartluv: Senior Crown Prosecutor Charles White :heartluv:

Thank you for posting and bless the Daily Mail and The Sun.

:heartluv: Senior Crown Prosecutor Charles White :heartluv:

My two most loathed publications, but I can't knock the journos on those gems.

I get the impression that IS will blame ANYBODY but himself for his misfortunes.

Absolutely - he even blamed the computer for deleting its own history! Obviously there is no hope of rehabilitation for the Ian Stewarts of this world, but I do feel his childhood and background should be studied to see if any useful knowledge/patterns emerge. Tortoise's earlier post on this subject was very interesting. I get the impression nobody said no to him when he was a child (and as an only child he never had to share or compromise with siblings), if he was over indulged this may have planted the seeds of his entitlement and narcissism. Of course generalisations are dangerous. But I would like to think as the taxpayer will be shelling out for his bed and board to the end of his days, professionals could study him and maybe learn more about the nature and possible triggers for psychopathy? It may also be worth interviewing his parents and others close to him to find out more.

One aspect of his personality that's been mentioned since the verdict is that he was weirdly mean with money. My ex-husband was a sociopath and he was extremely mean, and could always tell you to the penny what he had in every bank account on any given day. Could this be a common characteristic of these kinds of sinister personality disorders? As a single woman, I want to avoid marrying another wolf in sheep's clothing (and poor Helen's tragedy has made me all the more wary) I would like to think there may be some early warning signs...?

Absolutely - he even blamed the computer for deleting its own history! Obviously there is no hope of rehabilitation for the Ian Stewarts of this world, but I do feel his childhood and background should be studied to see if any useful knowledge/patterns emerge. Tortoise's earlier post on this subject was very interesting. I get the impression nobody said no to him when he was a child (and as an only child he never had to share or compromise with siblings), if he was over indulged this may have planted the seeds of his entitlement and narcissism. Of course generalisations are dangerous. But I would like to think as the taxpayer will be shelling out for his bed and board to the end of his days, professionals could study him and maybe learn more about the nature and possible triggers for psychopathy? It may also be worth interviewing his parents and others close to him to find out more.

One aspect of his personality that's been mentioned since the verdict is that he was weirdly mean with money. My ex-husband was a sociopath and he was extremely mean, and could always tell you to the penny what he had in every bank account on any given day. Could this be a common characteristic of these kinds of sinister personality disorders? As a single woman, I want to avoid marrying another wolf in sheep's clothing (and poor Helen's tragedy has made me all the more wary) I would like to think there may be some early warning signs...?

I would say that meanness is indeed a warning sign, as is early boundary-testing dressed up as charming impulsiveness: the "I nicked a chip off her plate" story about meeting Diane, and the turning up on Helen's doorstep both come to mind.

He was deluded if he thought it was all just going to go away, with no media attention especially as she was a successful author, but was obviously trying to keep it as low profile as he could.

As I recall, going back to last April/Ma y the two most obvious things to me were the note - how it was written and whether it had been verified as her handwriting - and his not talking to press or doing any TV appeals.

More latterly, still would like to know how one son flies off to Australia during May seemingly not that bothered, and what was Stewart's demeanor like on his own holiday. He must have come into contact with others at some points, however briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member