GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was no doubt discussed ages ago but I'd like to refer again to IS changing the standing order from Helen's account to £4,000 per month.

Arsenal season tickets can be just over £2,000 each - so renewing two of those clearly accounts (to me) for his desperate attempt to get £4,000 from her account. Think he is going to pay for those - no way Jose, or Joe :sick:

Then the mounting of the Haddestone planter in the offing which has to go ahead to enforce his lies of Helen just missing, but he needs more of her money for that so wants another £4k, *advertiser censored*.

Maybe he believed he'd get away with what he did and would continue with Helen's plans as if she were still alive and going to return. Carry on as normal? I find it hard to restrict what I write, what I want to write, so will stop here.

Helen's book P294 (Postcard From The Edge)

These words - continuing Helen's nightmares on Portugal holiday with IS - stuck with me. Poor Helen - this was not JS who she mistook in her dreams.

I only had one JS dream and it was very odd and totally different from the heart-hammering sort.
A man who looked either like a tramp or someone from ZZ Top (long hair, beard, unkempt) was in the dream.
If I could smell in my dreams, I would say he probably reeked of Special brew and pee. You get the picture.
At some point, I realised this was JS. He was talking and, though it sounded like him, it was the incoherent ramblings of someone clearly mentally unwell. I remember thinking 'He's gone nuts! ..........

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2939007/ian-stewart-helen-bailey-first-wife-death/
Diane was found dead on the back patio of the couple’s home on June 25, 2010, with her “sudden, unexpected” death ruled as being caused by her epilepsy.

Presumably no one witnessed how Diane Stewart died, or did anyone?
The way I understand this, no neighbour saw her from a window either and she was found when someone came home (?) or went into the garden (?)
If one of the boys had found her, there surely would have been some mention of this.
So IMHO IS was at home, left and found her on his return. Let's say he went shopping and kept the receipt. Or he had a medical appointment, dentist, whatever.
He returned home in time to find Diane before the boys' day at school was over.

It was no doubt discussed ages ago but I'd like to refer again to IS changing the standing order from Helen's account to £4,000 per month.

Arsenal season tickets can be just over £2,000 each - so renewing two of those clearly accounts (to me) for his desperate attempt to get £4,000 from her account. Think he is going to pay for those - no way Jose, or Joe :sick:

Then the mounting of the Haddestone planter in the offing which has to go ahead to enforce his lies of Helen just missing, but he needs more of her money for that so wants another £4k, *advertiser censored*.

Maybe he believed he'd get away with what he did and would continue with Helen's plans as if she were still alive and going to return. Carry on as normal? I find it hard to restrict what I write, what I want to write, so will stop here.

Yes - no words shall ever capture what we think and feel, jessie.
IS used Helen's 'card' to pay for the Arsenal Season tickets ...so he wasn't changing the Standing Order to pay for such - but to cover himself in outgoings until he could retrieve/STEAL greater funds.

“By April of last year, the redecoration work hadn’t been completely completed. Most of the downstairs was done, apart from the conservatory. We realised it was going to take the whole of 2016 to design the conservatory with the interior designer. “

Wait, so the work on the conservatory was principally a redecoration project? Not building a new one. That makes more sense.

video interviews 1 &2:

"Stewart is then asked about any new visitors to the house he would like to tell police about.
Daines:“No-one springs to mind at all no. We’ve got the new man who’s come to design the conservatory. I’d have to look up his name, I can’t remember it even though I’ve met him three times”.

"What is the trigger for Helen walking out that door? Police ask Stewart. He replies: “Too much has happened this year, we’ve got the wedding we’ve got me being ill, her dad being ill, my mum being ill, the car. “The conservatory is coming down. The planners drew it wrong, now we’ve decided to do it next year.

Good find. He escalated that, didn't he! "The planners drew it wrong" - I don't think so!
I seem to remember the previous owner saying that he had had a new roof put on the conservatory, or wtte.
It really doesn't make much sense to me that Helen would want to demolish a perfectly good conservatory with a new roof. Refurbish and redecorate, more likely.

Think it more relates to what Helen has already spent on the planter before her death. They are so expensive. Maybe he tried to return it but she had already paid out.

It's not like he was going to mount it over the cess pit cover within the garage and lose a car space. ( Even though yes, it was the right size to cover the hatch)

It's an easy , cheap job to mount it yourself though - three men in that household and a couple of bags of ready-mix - he has rather set himself up as Mr DIY since his Bassingbourn no-work days.

I'll find the photo of it - noticed it at the outset and thought that's way too expensive for his tastes.

That makes sense now - plus having seen the pic. Clearly bought by Helen. Too much style and expense to be something IS would purchase.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2939007/ian-stewart-helen-bailey-first-wife-death/

Presumably no one witnessed how Diane Stewart died, or did anyone?
The way I understand this, no neighbour saw her from a window either and she was found when someone came home (?) or went into the garden (?)
If one of the boys had found her, there surely would have been some mention of this.
So IMHO IS was at home, left and found her on his return. Let's say he went shopping and kept the receipt. Or he had a medical appointment, dentist, whatever.
He returned home in time to find Diane before the boys' day at school was over.

Oh f*ck. IS was home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4261262/Helen-Bailey-s-killer-watched-wife-die.html

Helen Bailey's killer watched as his first wife died and got 'annoyed' when neighbours asked him what happened, it emerged today.

Neighbours near the home where Mrs Stewart died have now told that Stewart looked on as paramedics tried in vain to save his wife.

One told The Sunday Times: 'Ian was watching. He looked very pale. I saw the paramedic turn to his colleague and shake his head as if to say nothing could be done.'

'He [Stewart] was the only one there when she died…
I know her brother and sister have been very concerned. Her mother has been very concerned too, it has been awful for her.'

BBM

@ Alyce - I know you can't quote twitter here but did you get any indication from TWttr conservatory man as to when that conservatory re-design was scheduled? Or when he last met up with Helen to discuss the job?

He talks about working there a year before...but it's not clear if he means a year before Helen died or, more likely, one year ago from now - which would be Feb 2016.

Oh f*ck. IS was home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4261262/Helen-Bailey-s-killer-watched-wife-die.html

Helen Bailey's killer watched as his first wife died and got 'annoyed' when neighbours asked him what happened, it emerged today.

Neighbours near the home where Mrs Stewart died have now told that Stewart looked on as paramedics tried in vain to save his wife.

One told The Sunday Times: 'Ian was watching. He looked very pale. I saw the paramedic turn to his colleague and shake his head as if to say nothing could be done.'

'He [Stewart] was the only one there when she died…
I know her brother and sister have been very concerned. Her mother has been very concerned too, it has been awful for her.'

BBM

ZaZara - I think I remember IS saying he was there when Diane died. I can no longer rely on my memory but will go back on threads to see if I can find it, though I don't know where to start. Didn't he say he tried to revive/resuscitate her, or am I making that up it my head now? .

On the FB memorial site for Diane, the entry which gives the cause of her death as unexpected Epileptic fit also says what the final amount in donations in Diane's memory was. To be split between two charities - one of which was MAGPAS, the air ambulance organisation who attended Diane. So possibly she was still alive at that point?

She was alive. IS saw her die.

[/I]

Good find. He escalated that, didn't he! "The planners drew it wrong" - I don't think so!
I seem to remember the previous owner saying that he had had a new roof put on the conservatory, or wtte.
It really doesn't make much sense to me that Helen would want to demolish a perfectly good conservatory with a new roof. Refurbish and redecorate, more likely.

I'm not nit-picking as such because I personally agree with you in so far as , . what's wrong with that conservatory anyway (We all said as much when cop Daines gave her video testimony weeks ago)

.... but it just strikes me that inside that conservatory there isn't a lot to "re-decorate" ( due to all the glass + looks like ceramic on one wall) does that need a conservatory designer to visit 3 times?

So I'm going to stick with speculating that she did actually want a classier re-build , poss in a period style to suit the house. ( BIG money)
( I can imagine him being VERY unhappy about her employing interior designers for other rooms and the notion of ripping out a conservatory for a posh one would have given him some sleepless nights.)

Anyway, if press are reading here they can get easily hold of Twitter conservatory man and find out what her price range and schedule actually was - IS deals in half-truths and full blown lies - eg. does it fit with the Gateshead flat sale/release of funds? ( as opposed to the other reasons for selling up that we mooted on here. )

ETA - cross post Alyce ^ re twitter man

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29951740.html

ZaZara - I think I remember IS saying he was there when Diane died. I can no longer rely on my memory but will go back on threads to see if I can find it, though I don't know where to start. Didn't he say he tried to revive/resuscitate her, or am I making that up it my head now? .

Yes, he said he did CPR on her.

Apart from his conviction, I'd say the biggest pointer that Diane's death is suspicious, is the time it happened.

It's a bit like Helen's murder on a day when no one was expected at the house and not a weekend.

I don't know if there is someone here with a maths brain who could work out the chances of Diane dying from natural causes on the day she did.

It was a Friday.
We don't know her working hours/days but presumably this was a day off/she worked part-time.
The sons were out, so presumably it happened during school/college hours which narrows it down considerably - to exclude evenings, 6am-8-9am breakfast time, nights and weekends.
I think Alyce posted ages ago that SUDEP is so incredibly rare and almost all cases recorded occur during sleep at night.

Newspaper reports have always said afternoon but not specific other than that.

Bill Manley in his radio interview yesterday talks about seeing the air ambulance in Bassingbourn as he was going up to the club to play bowls. No idea of the bowls match time, but assuming it was a 6pm schedule ( same as the day IS went to bowls ) would mean the air ambulance arrives a bit before that - say 5.30 ish.
Which in turn means regular ambulance would have been say 5pm.

Diane died in the hospital - air ambulance would not be sent for someone who had already died.
That fact alone makes me wonder what went wrong with IS plan ( if indeed it was a plan ).

She was alive. IS saw her die.

I think the only reliable source would be the paramedics, who could confirm whether she was alive when they got there. They would attempt resuscitation in either case.

I'm not nit-picking as such because I personally agree with you in so far as , . what's wrong with that conservatory anyway (We all said as much when cop Daines gave her video testimony weeks ago)

.... but it just strikes me that inside that conservatory there isn't a lot to "re-decorate" ( due to all the glass + looks like ceramic on one wall) does that need a conservatory designer to visit 3 times?

So I'm going to stick with speculating that she did actually want a classier re-build , poss in a period style to suit the house. ( BIG money)
( I can imagine him being VERY unhappy about her employing interior designers for other rooms and the notion of ripping out a conservatory for a posh one would have given him some sleepless nights.)

Anyway, if press are reading here they can get easily hold of Twitter conservatory man and find out what her price range and schedule actually was - IS deals in half-truths and full blown lies - eg. does it fit with the Gateshead flat sale/release of funds? ( as opposed to the other reasons for selling up that we mooted on here. )

ETA - cross post Alyce ^ re twitter man

Planning permission for the 'wrap around conservatory' was granted in April 1994. So it's over 20 years old I imagine. Someone with Helen's money and taste wouldn't hold back on changing it for a different one I imagine.

Good point re those season tickets, I think the quoted figure was just under £4K. From what we know, he wasn't even an Arsenal fan, but had been using the tickets for the past two years - but hey, free is free in his book.
And sadly, another thing Helen * compromised* on, allowing him to use them and not attending herself.

And of course, he actually tried to set up a new SO at first. So, if he had been successful, he would have had £4,600 per month from the two SOs.

can only find this one today

One told The Sunday Times: 'Ian was watching.
He looked very pale. I saw the paramedic turn to his colleague and shake his head as if to say nothing could be done.'
She said that she went to see Stewart a few months later, but he became 'annoyed' when she asked about what caused Mrs Stewart's death.
can't find a link for him performing CPR
maybe there is some embroidery/inaccuracy happening now as that ^ implies she died in the garden.

Hi there
I am a newbie to this site. I just wanted to say that over the past few weeks I have been blown away by the intelligence, the ingenuity, the talents, and the immense sincerity of everyone on this site. I am in awe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob