GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On that Flickr of his - which I can't link to, but just Google Iansykic Flickr - there's even a picture of Jose!!!!!

attachment.php

Ole! You wanna Cuba Libre? (Jose himself - Gran Canaria 2005)

Attachments

• 102116228_b6207e7ddc_o.jpg
    102116228_b6207e7ddc_o.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 126
The Crown Court

at St Albans
Daily List for Tuesday 7 February 2017 at BRICKET ROAD ST ALBANS

Court 1 - sitting at 10:00 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE BRIGHT QC
For Mention
U20170046 PRODUCTION ORDER (DM)

Link to Hatfield Police Station
Trial (Part Heard)
T20167121 STEWART Ian
41E12190616
PAPER FILE

Maybe he does the same kind of thing. Offers to help with things. Some people do it to be nice, some do it to manipulate.

OT but...

Yes I just got suckered by someone like this, I'm in the process of disengaging (by completely ignoring her) over the last few months. She'd ask my two daughters for a playdate but turned out she saw it as doing me a babysitting favour which then justified me being expected to babysit her FOUR children overnight while she went out to work. Loads and loads of other things too, she basically softened me up for months the POW, straight in with the requests for huge favours and going huffy and moody when I couldn't oblige. I always seem to attract people like this!

JJ, are you perhaps confusing the two computers. The searches re tiredness were made by Helen on her computer. Everything else refers to activity on IS's computer.

Hiya Cherwell, Look at my post at the top of the page. I think it explains.

The time is now 3.50am and I am going to bed. It was well worth staying up so late. Sweet dreams everyone.

Well, today was quite eventful! :bricks:

Thank you all so much for your contributions.

I'm having a head full of flu' so maybe that is why I still don't understand this ring-thing and the wedding-thing.

They both had been married before, each had lost their spouse. They could have kept matters simple. A simple ring, more sentiment than diamond. A simple wedding, cake in their own garden and sandwiches. Not this big wedding with a special venue ~ and the price tickets that go with it, I'd never waste that kind of money on my friends or friends of friends. But hey that is me. ~
The other thing is that if you want a real posh location, you make the reservation a year in advance. And not in April for September.

Very strange. If IS did not want to get married, then why was HB going full steam ahead with an event that IS would need a suit for? Somehow I cannot picture him in a suit or a morning coat.

The Crown Court

at St Albans
Daily List for Tuesday 7 February 2017 at BRICKET ROAD ST ALBANS

Court 1 - sitting at 10:00 AM

HIS HONOUR JUDGE BRIGHT QC
For Mention
U20170046 PRODUCTION ORDER (DM)

Link to Hatfield Police Station
Trial (Part Heard)
T20167121 STEWART Ian
41E12190616
PAPER FILE

He'll be lying in bed tonight thinking how he can get out of tomorrow.

There are dramas to come, I feel.

The point about the venue booking is good. I can understand wanting a big wedding and I think Helen was an "occasion" person, but you are totally right that you book those kinds of venues a year, 18 months, two years in advance.

I can't help but wonder if the ring Helen saw as a token was IS' idea of a lovely engagement ring.

They both had been married before, each had lost their spouse. They could have kept matters simple. A simple ring, more sentiment than diamond. A simple wedding, cake in their own garden and sandwiches. Not this big wedding with a special venue ~ and the price tickets that go with it, I'd never waste that kind of money on my friends or friends of friends. But hey that is me. ~
The other thing is that if you want a real posh location, you make the reservation a year in advance. And not in April for September.

Very strange. If IS did not want to get married, then why was HB going full steam ahead with an event that IS woud need a suit for? Somehow I cannot picture him in a suit or a morning coat.

It doesn't ring true with me either, as Helen had said somewhere else that she had never wanted a big wedding day or WTTE.

That is a very good point about booking a year ahead for those type of venues. I wonder if there ever was an attempt to book Brocket Hall, or did he just read that article about the dispute and got the idea from there.

There is the ring, though. Perhaps Helen did see it as also being an investment. Personally I would hate to sink a lot of money into something that is so easily lost. (I once lost a diamond out of a ring, although luckily I did find it)

The point about the venue booking is good. I can understand wanting a big wedding and I think Helen was an "occasion" person, but you are totally right that you book those kinds of venues a year, 18 months, two years in advance.

I can't help but wonder if the ring Helen saw as a token was IS' idea of a lovely engagement ring.

The big wedding and expensive ring was never my idea of fun. My own wedding was registry office, dinner with 20 friends and family, the whole thing including outfits and rings cost less than £800 (in 2002). I wonder if Helen's first wedding was a small affair and she fancied treating herself to the whole shebang? I could understand that if she'd always dreamed of a big day and hadn't had it before? (ETA: Seen post above that she didn't want a big wedding, so even more confused now!)

That said, you would surely realise if you were organising it late and somewhat on the hoof that big venues are not going to be easy to secure and they'd even possibly be relying on cancellations? I think she'd be quite practically minded about that, and I don't think she'd be terribly upset about it as IS has constantly made out to people.

I've found that men like IS love to demonise the woman in their lives, make them out to have all sorts of faults and weaknesses, so when the inevitable split comes they end up smelling of roses.

Her first wedding was in Barbados so no doubt a small do. It might have been a bit controversial too as her husband was married to someone else when they met.

I imagine IS needed to believe that Helen was besotted with him while simultaneously being entirely ambivalent about her.

The big wedding and expensive ring was never my idea of fun. My own wedding was registry office, dinner with 20 friends and family, the whole thing including outfits and rings cost less than £800 (in 2002). I wonder if Helen's first wedding was a small affair and she fancied treating herself to the whole shebang? I could understand that if she'd always dreamed of a big day and hadn't had it before? (ETA: Seen post above that she didn't want a big wedding, so even more confused now!)

That said, you would surely realise if you were organising it late and somewhat on the hoof that big venues are not going to be easy to secure and they'd even possibly be relying on cancellations? I think she'd be quite practically minded about that, and I don't think she'd be terribly upset about it as IS has constantly made out to people.

I've found that men like IS love to demonise the woman in their lives, make them out to have all sorts of faults and weaknesses, so when the inevitable split comes they end up smelling of roses.

Or maybe he hadn't given the go ahead on the wedding. She might have been the one driving this and he was like 'let's take it easy' then he suddenly decides to let her go ahead.... oh I know, maybe the short notice planning was related to the selling of the Gateshead house, he tells her if they sell the house and the finance are settled then she can have her big wedding.... THEN she starts planning... it very much sounds to me she was excited about getting married and he was just BARELY going along with it.... that would add up actually and I could see that as a reason for him to push sale of that house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her first wedding was in Barbados so no doubt a small do. It might have been a bit controversial too as her husband was married to someone else when they met.

I imagine IS needed to believe that Helen was besotted with him while simultaneously being entirely ambivalent about her.

Aah I didn't know about Barbados, I did wonder if it was a small affair given the affair! I have missed a few nuggets here and there I think.

I just looked at the Flickr account referenced above. I really do not see what HB saw in him. He looks so unappealing to me. Each to their own I suppose. Interesting how in the first image he puts himself right at the front and centre of the family picture.

Family stewart Ian Diane Jamie Oliver by ian sykic, on Flickr

Well, today was quite eventful! :bricks:

Thank you all so much for your contributions.

I'm having a head full of flu' so maybe that is why I still don't understand this ring-thing and the wedding-thing.

Very strange. If IS did not want to get married, then why was HB going full steam ahead with an event that IS woud need a suit for? Somehow I cannot picture him in a suit or a morning coat.

Sadly it is clear Helen was wildly mistaken about a lot of things regarding IS - his intention to marry her being just one. That she was full steam ahead with an extravagant engagement ring and a big wedding, tells me this mid-life marriage was hugely important to her.

The appeal of IS is a mystery to me but perhaps a great deal of it was that he was (apparently) offering her marriage. It is utterly tragic that she not only unwittingly picked a man who was only interested in her money but one who would go so far as to kill her for it.

Aah I didn't know about Barbados, I did wonder if it was a small affair given the affair! I have missed a few nuggets here and there I think.

I just looked at the Flickr account referenced above. I really do not see what HB saw in him. He looks so unappealing to me. Each to their own I suppose. Interesting how in the first image he puts himself right at the front and centre of the family picture.

Family stewart Ian Diane Jamie Oliver by ian sykic, on Flickr

The posing was probably nothing to do with him so I wouldn't read into it too much tbh....The photographer would have placed him there to balance the image.

In the family pic he looks terrifying. And a bit like he's just crawling along on his tummy, it's bizarre posing!

I think reposting pictures with family members on is against forum rules though?

The posing was probably nothing to do with him so I wouldn't read into it too much tbh....The photographer would have placed him there to balance the image.

Perhaps so, but there were likely a number of poses done and he chose to post this one in public.

In the family pic he looks terrifying. And a bit like he's just crawling along on his tummy, it's bizarre posing!

I think reposting pictures with family members on is against forum rules though?

There have been pics of the sons in the press already, and this one was posted on a public Flickr page that anyone can access, so hopefully it's not against the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds