GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can police not get the telecoms specialsits to find out which phones were receiving texts around his address at the time period where he claims to have been in touch with Nick & Joe daily?

12:01
Stewart explains why he renewed Arsenal season tickets while she was missing

Stewart is now explaining why he renewed Ms Bailey’s Arsenal season tickets.

“Helen’s been a season ticket holder for ages with John Sinfield, they’re both fans.

“Helen found it hard to go back. I saw the email come through from the Arsenal football club asking to renew them.

“I didn’t want them to expire as it’s like a 10 or 20 year waiting list.

“So I rang up and renewed them. I used the one card I had that was in Helen’s name from our joint Santander account.”

12:05
'I also wanted power of attorney to cancel holiday'

“I made a call to the Travel Republic company about the holiday. I was trying to cancel the holiday, they were saying they needed proof Helen was not available to deal with them herself.

“That was another reason I wanted power of attorney.

“In the end I logged on as Helen, guessed the password for Travel Republic, knew the codes from the emails, I cancelled the hotel but I couldn’t cancel the flights.”

Internet Café! You couldn't make it up.

I remember the Sadie Hartley trial, I said this to my daughter, the lengths that pair went to setting up the murder was astonishing but real.

But here we have IS.....yes you can make it up [emoji33]

What an utter utter disgraceful man [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12:07
'Nick told me to go to Spain'

“Nick phoned and told me to go to Spain, I told him I’d already cancelled it.

“He said: ‘Just book and go. I just want you out the way’.

“Nick insisted I went. It just felt wrong. It was that time I started asking my family, Helen’s family, friends doctors if I should go. “They all said I should. I didn’t want to go. One nurse said go and made suggestions of what to do.

“In the end I did book another hotel.”

What is all this importance about the phone?

I'm behind so this has probably already been answered. It's just IS trying to explain away why the phone connected to the Broadstairs router when he was there.

This is really painful.

“I thought if I had the power of attorney the lawyer could get on with it.

“With the [Fiat 500] car, Helen wanted to get rid of it. I couldn’t do that without the power of attorney.

“I also opened Helen’s mail, there were bills overdue already. “I was surprised they weren’t paid automatically, but I paid both of those.

“Helen kept the Broadstairs property and the Newcastle property as her financial business.

“I looked at the joint Santander account.”

So he was trying to sell one of her cars too? Why could none of these things wait till she was back?

She's shown as being on line and browsing this thread. I suspect she's like a lot of us - absolutely aghast. Don't worry, she'll come up with a corker for today I'm sure!

Oh yes I'm here, I've been (temporarily) rendered speechless by today's - Ahem - 'evidence'.

I feel sure Judge and Jury are biting the inside of their cheeks to stop themselves laughing! The clumsy way he has constructed his story to fit the facts is cringe making. His parents must be so proud... If only Nick's beatings were not fiction, I can't think of anyone who deserves a duffing up more!

“Nick insisted I went. It just felt wrong. It was that time I started asking my family, Helen’s family, friends doctors if I should go. “They all said I should. I didn’t want to go. One nurse said go and made suggestions of what to do.

WTAF?So Nick also knew about his planned holiday to Spain.

At least we have a lot more insight into what he actually did now

Quite a few glimpses of the truth

I am sure he murdered his first wife.

Well he didn't disappoint. He's still as mental as yesterday. Lies trip off his tongue so easily that I imagine he's been doing this all his life and getting away with it.

CP, Read The Psychopath’s Bible, http://www.scribd.com/doc/11554313/The-Psychopaths-Bible This is one of the most stunning things in the world, it’s a book written by psychopaths for psychopaths and gives a unique insight into true evil that no psychiatrist or psychologist could ever manage reading research papers and the DSM. It takes a strong stomach mind so be warned!

You'll see that the psychopathic authors attest: “One of the axioms of life is this: even if you tell the truth—perhaps because you tell the truth—no one will believe you.” So the logic is why bother? Why not just use truth as a commodity to further your own nefarious needs and desires.

Stewart said he made enquiries about the power of attorney 'to keep things going' in Helen's absence

Stewart is now talking about the power of attorney enquiries he made.

“I was trying to keep things going and on the move. We made the decision the flat in Newcastle was going.

“I thought if I had the power of attorney the lawyer could get on with it.

“With the [Fiat 500] car, Helen wanted to get rid of it. I couldn’t do that without the power of attorney.

“I also opened Helen’s mail, there were bills overdue already. “I was surprised they weren’t paid automatically, but I paid both of those.

“Helen kept the Broadstairs property and the Newcastle property as her financial business.

“I looked at the joint Santander account.”

BIB
I'm surprised he didnt know how the bills were paid - being as they had a joint household account ? or is it that IS didnt actually contribute anything to that account ?

My jaw is on the flaw...it truly is. I can scarcely believe he has had the front to spout all the rubbish. His poor family and Helen's poor family...plus the family of Diane (his first wife). This must be eye opening to all of them and I would bet it's going to leave Diane's family now wondering about her sudden death.

The prosecution are going to just tear him a new one surely.

Evil twisted man.

Thank you Tortoise and TheRisenBishop for those links on psychopathy.

Wasn't it Helen's brother who said to someone here that he didn't think Ian felt emotions in the same way other people do? Spot on.

Dear lord, poor Helen and poor Boris....and probably poor Diane too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm behind so this has probably already been answered. It's just IS trying to explain away why the phone connected to the Broadstairs router when he was there.

This is really painful.

You can hear the story creaking under the strain as he tells it! And now he tells us as well as trying to proceed the sale of her flat up north he was attempting to flog her car. I'm amazed he hasn't mentioned putting her jewellery on Ebay and having a (garage) sale of her clothes... Even his own defence lawyer knows full well he is lower than a snake's bumhole.

Can anybody else recall whole conversations as well as IS? Most people remember the jist of a conversation but he manages to remember them word for word. Be interesting to see if he can remember them word for word again when they cross examine him.

12:13
'Nick turned up at my Stansted hotel and said they wanted £500,000 if they did not get what they wanted soon'

“I went on June 12 from Stansted Airport. I booked the Raddison Blue hotel the night before.

“Nick and Joe wanted details of what I was going to do, what the police were doing and what the press wanted.

“I got up to the room and on the phone Joe had given me I got a phone call, saying go down to the bar and meet Nick.

“I went down to the bar, a world cup football game was on. I said: ‘Is Helen here? Where’s Helen?’

“He said she wasn’t here.

He said: ‘Do the police know you’re here?’

“I said: ‘Yes.’

He said: ‘If we don’t get what we want by the time you get back we’re going to want compensation.

“I asked him what that meant and he said they want half a million pounds.

“I said: ‘I haven’t got that money.’

He said: ‘Helen has and you’ve got power of attorney’.

“He didn’t say why. I said: ‘I can’t do that, I don’t have it.’

“He said: ‘Go on holiday, it looks good if you go.

“He then said you won’t need the phone while you’re in Spain, and he took it off me.

“He then also threatened Jamie and Oliver. He said if you tell anyone you’ll not only never see Helen again but you’ll be visiting Jamie and Oliver in hospital”

Stewart breaks down again.

Ah, with that much encouragement, how could he refuse

12:14
'I tried to find out about power of attorney'

“I went on the holiday, it was a nightmare. I made out I enjoyed it but I was just laying in bed most of the time.

“I tried to find out about power of attorney. I just wanted to get back.

“I came back on June 24. There was no contact from Nick and Joe.

“I thought about asking my dad for the money, I still had some money from Diane at that point.”

10:28
'I text Helen's phone even though I had it in my posession'

“During this time Helen’s Jeep was at the front of the house. On the day I called the police and when police arrived, there was nothing covering up the view of the manhole cover to the cesspit in the garage.

“Police were looking around, I showed them indoors, in the garden, just showing them around.

“Just after 11.30pm I sent Helen a text to her mobile: ‘You didn’t go to Broadstairs, I contacted the police. I had no choice. They want to publicise this [that you are missing]. Please let us know you’re OK’.

“I was texting Helen and Joe, that’s just what I decided to do.

“But I had the phone at the house at this stage to take to Broadstairs. I was texting it when I had it in my possession, knowing someone would have it tomorrow.

“I thought I would give the phone to Helen the next day.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906
So what's all the nonsense about being told not to contact Helen if she didn't have her phone anyway?

I knew this was going to be ridiculous, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills