GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would so welcome law reform whereby the accused is not able to manufacture an entire version or versions after hearing the entire prosecution case.

This is absurd.

I have to admit I am unsure why this is being able to be presented, given what has been discussed in this thread about "something you later rely on in court"... Why are they able to entertain this as a defence when it wasn't presented as a defence when charged?

Tell me mrjitty - tell me everything! Because I'm flabbergasted!

Stewart said he made enquiries about the power of attorney 'to keep things going' in Helen's absence

Stewart is now talking about the power of attorney enquiries he made.

“I was trying to keep things going and on the move. We made the decision the flat in Newcastle was going.

“I thought if I had the power of attorney the lawyer could get on with it.

“With the [Fiat 500] car, Helen wanted to get rid of it. I couldn’t do that without the power of attorney.

“I also opened Helen’s mail, there were bills overdue already. “I was surprised they weren’t paid automatically, but I paid both of those.

“Helen kept the Broadstairs property and the Newcastle property as her financial business.

“I looked at the joint Santander account.”

BIB
I'm surprised he didnt know how the bills were paid - being as they had a joint household account ? or is it that IS didnt actually contribute anything to that account ?

If helen wanted rid of the fiat 500 I'm sure she'd have traded it in when she bought the jeep.

Stewart said he made enquiries about the power of attorney 'to keep things going' in Helen's absence

Stewart is now talking about the power of attorney enquiries he made.

“I was trying to keep things going and on the move. We made the decision the flat in Newcastle was going.

“I thought if I had the power of attorney the lawyer could get on with it.

“With the [Fiat 500] car, Helen wanted to get rid of it. I couldn’t do that without the power of attorney.

“I also opened Helen’s mail, there were bills overdue already. “I was surprised they weren’t paid automatically, but I paid both of those.

“Helen kept the Broadstairs property and the Newcastle property as her financial business.

“I looked at the joint Santander account.”

BIB
I'm surprised he didnt know how the bills were paid - being as they had a joint household account ? or is it that IS didnt actually contribute anything to that account ?

“We both contribute £600 per month to the joint account".

"“I thought about asking my dad for the money, I still had some money from Diane at that point.”

I thought he didn't get any money from Diane?!

10:55
Stewart's barrister asks about one particular text

Defence barrister Simon Russell Flint asks: “In a text to Helen you said: ‘You promised me more’. What did that mean?”

Stewart said: “Every new year she made me renew that promise to be together for 30 years. This was longer than her relationship with John Sinfield and mine with Diane.”

For the love of all that's holy can't they just make him stop. Her poor loved ones having to listen to this verbal diarrhoea. It really isn't fair, after all they have been put through by this sad specimen

I'm still catching up but wondering if anyone legal knows how has this been allowed to happen? Could his lawyer not have explain to him by testifying he was going to look like a raving lunatic? I'm starting to feel quite disturbed by all this now. Either he's making this story up to LOOK mad or he genuinely believes this is credible in which case he's f@&king mental. He's a total mental case.

Why has he been allowed to go on the stand and say all this total rubbish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They can't stop him if he insists

RSBM

“He said: ‘Go on holiday, it looks good if you go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 57248909.jpg
    57248909.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 113
12:23
Stewart says wrong name of alleged kidnapper

“I stayed silent or said no comment. A couple of times I made prepared statements.

“The full account was a full account, except for the fact Helen had not left.

“Before the interview had even started I asked had they found Helen but they didn’t answer me.

“I thought I’d just listen to what they said. They never said they’d found Helen or anything about where she was.

“During the process of waiting and being arrested for the interviews I thought I’d see if Helen had been found.”

Stewart then said: “I thought I’d wait and see if she was still with Joe and Dave - oh sorry Joe and Nick”.

Wait until the cross...there will be many more of these slip ups! :happydance:

....and he's getting the name of the kidnappers wrong now.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still catching up but wondering if anyone legal knows how has this been allowed to happen? Could his lawyer not have explain to him by testifying he was going to look like a raving lunatic? I'm starting to feel quite disturbed by all this now. Either he's making this story up to LOOK mad or he genuinely believes this is credible in which case he's f@&king mental. He's a total mental case.

Why has he been allowed to go on the stand and say all this total rubbish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure Counsel advised him against testifying.

Counsel probably advised him to please guilty also.

For the love of all that's holy can't they just make him stop. Her poor loved ones having to listen to this verbal diarrhoea. It really isn't fair, after all they have been put through by this sad specimen

As awful as it is he is digging his own grave so best to let him continue

12:31
Stewart tells court he believed Joe tried to get to him in prison

“I can’t remember what Helen was wearing when I last saw her.

“Jamie or Oliver pointed out that her coat and wellington boots had gone, as well as Boris’s lead and yellow collar.

“At least one bag was missing.”

After these interviews, Stewart was charged with murder and the other charges he faces.

He said: “It all happened so quickly. I was charged and sent to prison.

“Prison is very surreal. Within the first few days I was threatened by three lads and was told ‘if you say anything or do anything, tell anyone, snitch, grass, then your sons will be sorted’.

“That sort of threat was repeated six or seven times over the last few days.

“They must have known who I was. I took these threats to have come from Joe.

“[On July 20] I came in and it was like an explosion going on, a bang to the back of my head.

“I was just down and out. Someone came past and said ‘snitch or grass more and this will be happening’.”

At least we have a lot more insight into what he actually did now

Quite a few glimpses of the truth

I am sure he murdered his first wife.

This whole trial must be like torture for her parents, and what about IS's sons?

Maybe he's hoping that half of the jury will have expired by the time he finishes giving his 'evidence' and it will be a mistrial.

Prison is very surreal. Within the first few days I was threatened by three lads and was told ‘if you say anything or do anything, tell anyone, snitch, grass, then your sons will be sorted’.

but despite this, it still took him five months before he warned OS about Nick and Joe ( and possibly Dave )

12:24

“I didn’t say anything because of the threat from Nick and Joe to Jamie and Oliver.”

Yes far better to face a murder charge and just not mention Nick & Joe, rather than... I don't know... telling police so that they could give Jamie and Oliver police protection and find the real murderer.

12:33
Stewart said he moved wings but received more threats about telling police

“These threats meant I was moved to a different wing of the prison, where I was only threatened once.

“Someone went past saying ‘snitch and your sons would be sorted’ it was the same message.

“There was no direct contact from Joe and Nick.

“In September I got a message through the door of a cell, saying ‘I wouldn’t worry about Joe. You can tell the police’.

“Then about three of four days later I got another message similar warning me against snitching.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member