GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit I am unsure why this is being able to be presented, given what has been discussed in this thread about "something you later rely on in court"... Why are they able to entertain this as a defence when it wasn't presented as a defence when charged?

Tell me mrjitty - tell me everything! Because I'm flabbergasted!

Accused has his unfettered right to take the stand and dig as big a hole as he wishes

I am sure Counsel has advised him what a stupid idea this is.

Tara's feed

In September I got a message through the door of a cell, saying ‘I wouldn’t worry about Joe. You can tell the police’.

Kate Twitter

Kate Bradbrook ‏@katebradbrook 2m2 minutes ago

#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells jury he received anon phone call telling him Joe "dealt with" & now able to tell police

Wait until the cross...there will be many more of these slip ups! :happydance:

Joe and Dave, WHAT? Next he'll be calling them Chas and Dave! HA! HA! HA! Oh dear God if I was on the jury I would have to bite on a wooden spoon!

For the love of all that's holy can't they just make him stop. Her poor loved ones having to listen to this verbal diarrhoea. It really isn't fair, after all they have been put through by this sad specimen

They need to hear it. It will help them understand what he is, and process everything, ironically.

12:31
Stewart tells court he believed Joe tried to get to him in prison

“Prison is very surreal. Within the first few days I was threatened by three lads and was told ‘if you say anything or do anything, tell anyone, snitch, grass, then your sons will be sorted’.

“That sort of threat was repeated six or seven times over the last few days.

“They must have known who I was. I took these threats to have come from Joe.

“[On July 20] I came in and it was like an explosion going on, a bang to the back of my head.

“I was just down and out. Someone came past and said ‘snitch or grass more and this will be happening’.”

Ok now I doubt if he was even attacked in prison. Probably did it himself

This whole trial must be like torture for her parents, and what about IS's sons?

Maybe he's hoping that half of the jury will have expired by the time he finishes giving his 'evidence' and it will be a mistrial.

I am sure that is part of the reason why he is doing it.

12:33
Stewart said he moved wings but received more threats about telling police

“These threats meant I was moved to a different wing of the prison, where I was only threatened once.

“Someone went past saying ‘snitch and your sons would be sorted’ it was the same message.

“There was no direct contact from Joe and Nick.

“In September I got a message through the door of a cell, saying ‘I wouldn’t worry about Joe. You can tell the police’.

“Then about three of four days later I got another message similar warning me against snitching.”

Was the one through the door of the cell on a piece of paper slipped underneath the door? Did he keep it as evidence - or did he promptly eat it? He's a total raving lunatic!

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 2m2 minutes ago

IS: handed phone in prison, voice said he was an associate of #helenbailey's fmr-husband. Offered condolences & said he could tell police.

If they are hearing or reading all they must be questioning everything that ever came out of his mouth. Imagine hearing all this ******** and knowing that he was the only person who witnessed the death of your loved one and that everybody relied on his version of events.

Exactly! He's got away easily with it once, doing it a second time would be a walk in the park as well - just make it look like a disappearance - they happen all the time and the police aren't interested in adults that go missing...

Go Mr Trimmer !!!

Dominic Reynolds Verified account ‏@domreynolds 1m1 minute ago

Cross-examination begins: "Let's hit this straight on. You are without a doubt, a liar, aren't you?" "No".

12:33
Stewart said he moved wings but received more threats about telling police

“These threats meant I was moved to a different wing of the prison, where I was only threatened once.

“Someone went past saying ‘snitch and your sons would be sorted’ it was the same message.

“There was no direct contact from Joe and Nick.

“In September I got a message through the door of a cell, saying ‘I wouldn’t worry about Joe. You can tell the police’.

“Then about three of four days later I got another message similar warning me against snitching.”

But Nick seemed to be the worst one, what with his liking for punching IS. I'd almost forgotten about Joe anyway

Stewart then said: “I thought I’d wait and see if she was still with Joe and Dave - oh sorry Joe and Nick”.

:floorlaugh:

12:38
Stewart said he received a phone call in prison telling him 'Helen should have never been involved'

“I first told someone about Joe and Nick in nearly September time.

“There were no subsequent threats after that one threat in the different area of the prison.

“Just before the riots in Bedford prison, there was a massive riot it made the news.

“It was just before that, someone handed me a phone and said: ‘This is for you’.

“It was a little tiny phone. I took a call and I said: ‘Hello’

A man said: ‘Is that Stewart?’

I said: ‘Yes.’

I said: ‘Who are you?’

He said: ‘That doesn’t matter.’

He said: ‘I was a friend of John Sinfield’s. I want to give you my condolences for Helen, Helen should have never been involved.

“I asked who it was, he said Joe had been sorted. ‘You can tell the police everything now. Helen should never have been involved, sorry.’

“That was surreal. That was the time I started to think Helen really was dead.”

Tara's feed

In September I got a message through the door of a cell, saying ‘I wouldn’t worry about Joe. You can tell the police’.

Kate Twitter

#helenbailey Ian Stewart tells jury he received anon phone call telling him Joe "dealt with" & now able to tell police

A phone call? I thought it was a message in his cell not ON his cellphone

#helenbailey Prosecution begins cross examination Ian Stewart. "You are a liar aren't you?" Admits he lied about disappearanc

Gosh, even all the other prisoners are obsessed with the famous Ian Stewart!

I would so welcome law reform whereby the accused is not able to manufacture an entire version or versions after hearing the entire prosecution case.

This is absurd.

But this is actually quite valuable as it's allowing everybody to see what he's really like and capable of. Not only will he continue digging himself deeper into hole, but there will be enough to question about what has truly happened in the past that relied on him alone reporting the facts, i.e. Diane's death.

12:40
'The mystery man told me 'I've always had what Joe wanted'

“I did believe this man. He also said ‘I’ve always had what Joe wanted’. I assumed he was referring to what Joe had been looking for from Helen.

“And then I was able to mention Joe and Nick. The person I told next was my son Oliver.

“I told him some of the story, I said: ‘It’s up to you, I think you’re OK but I don’t know’. I got him to talk to Jamie and between them they said go ahead and tell the police.

“I’m still not sure it was the right thing to do” he breaks down again.

Stewart then denies killing Helen, putting her in the cesspit, covering up her disappearance by lying and saying she had gone off to Broadstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member