DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Russell Flint QC - defence

Simon-Russell-Flint-QC.jpg

bfc25549-6282-4928-ae2a-7d11b3d7da64-400.jpg

I wonder most of all what Simon Russell Flint is thinking!

Many thanks Tortoise, it's good to put a face to the words (unless the face in question is Ian Stewart's, obviously!)

I should think he was looking forward to the relative stimulation of catching Tipping Point on ITV+1 when he got home.

When IS described the early days of his 'courtship' with Helen, her taking him around London, to the National Gallery etc, it struck me she was hoping he would enjoy the same things she and her late husband did together, and that she was trying in some way to recreate that happy marriage. But JS was a different sort of man to IS in every way - chalk and cheese. IS' statement that JS was: "...sophisticated, smooth and suave - I was not", sounded a tad resentful to me, like he felt he had been compared to JS and found wanting.

Yet Helen was no snob, she fell in love with IS (or persuaded herself she had), endured his less than scintillating conversation and probably other encounters, bolstered his ego and welcomed his adult children. His description of her first meeting with his son Oliver struck me as revealing:

"She invited us to come for a meal. Him and Helen hit it off straight away. Helen was amazed how much Oliver ate. That was a nice friendly event".

Any single parent would be anxious their children (especially older ones) got on with their new partner. Helen clearly put herself out to be sweet with Oliver and ensure this first meeting was a success. But there's no acknowledgement here from IS, even fleetingly, that it was Helen who made it happen. Helen who had no kids of her own and would never ask Ian to make similar efforts.

He can't even show appreciation for her when he's in the dock, pretending he loved her!

Thanks to all for today's coverage, comments and humour.
Am doubting now whether IS was in fact, involved in Diane's death if she did suffer from epilepsy - which could easily be verified, so doubt he could be lying

Thanks to all for today's coverage, comments and humour.
Am doubting now whether IS was in fact, involved in Diane's death if she did suffer from epilepsy - which could easily be verified, so doubt he could be lying

Mmm, I am kinda going off that too as she had HAD epileptic attacks in the past, even if not for some time before the one that was to prove fatal.

Oh dear, if IS can prove a strong case for how HB died and came to be in the cesspit - and sheds some more tears - and he and old Flinty are going to have to work hard on that one, make no mistake - I can see him getting off right now.

But Milly - how on earth can he do that?
Tears are no match for the dog indicating inside the house (was it the bedroom?) very early in their searches and the discovery of the bodies in the cesspit.

I notice he has been involved prosecuting cases of honour killings. We have the Muhammad Mumtaz case coming in May, presumably at Cambridge Crown Court. (Wife was smothered) so I'd be interested if he made it up here.

I have got a feeling Trimmer is a bit of a softy and lets people off lightly. Not sure where I read it but I hope he toughens up for IS.

Mmm, I am kinda going off that too as she had HAD epileptic attacks in the past, even if not for some time before the one that was to prove fatal.

Oh dear, if IS can prove a strong case for how HB died and came to be in the cesspit - and sheds some more tears - and he and old Flinty are going to have to work hard on that one, make no mistake - I can see him getting off right now.

Even if he didn't have anything to do with his first wife's death, the financial benefits of that (notwithstanding the mystery amount they say he hasn't tried to claim) could have given him notions.

I have got a feeling Trimmer is a bit of a softy and lets people off lightly. Not sure where I read it but I hope he toughens up for IS.

Trust me, he wouldn't be a QC if that were the case. They are the best actors in the business. If he's playing the softie so far it's because he's confident of his case and/or he hasn't seen fit to bare the terrier's teeth yet.

The defence are still left with the biggest obstacle imaginable, and in my view an insurmountable one: Helen and Boris' murdered bodies, deliberately hidden within the family home - in a hidden cesspit, known about by only a few interested parties.

I don't think Russell Flint will be too surprised by a Guilty verdict!

The defence are still left with the biggest obstacle imaginable, and in my view an insurmountable one: Helen and Boris' murdered bodies, deliberately hidden within the family home - in a hidden cesspit, known about by only a few interested parties.

And at a time when only IS was on the property.

Unintentionally, but by his claiming innocence he's inadvertently shifting the blame on his sons', if you dont take the two fictional characters into account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper