GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Stewart is a pathetic, evil, creep with a pathetic life and a pathetic story.

He didn't become this after he met Helen. He hunted her down. Every word he said to her about relationships, grief and love was pure hollow trash.

He does not know what love is. He mimics it. He learns parrot fashion. He has never loved a soul in his entire life. His tale about Diane's eternity ring shows he doesn't understand people. He thinks it's possible to transfer the love he professed to have for her onto another.

He will fit well into prison life, using and manipulating, and complaining about his illnesses to get out of work.

It was amusing poking holes in his story for a while, now I just feel so angry for Helen. It's not even worth trying to catch him out by tallying his story to known dates and events, for me. It's pure fiction of the most disgusting, evil, degrading and insulting nature. It's continuing his abuse of Helen.

Bring on sentencing and let Helen's loved ones start to heal.

Batface, I think Helen was more vulnerable than was realised. Most of us are very good at hiding our vulnerabilities. Sometimes even we ourselves, don`t know we are vulnerable..

So true; even the strongest person (whatever that means) is vulnerable in some way and the human vultures are very good at picking that up.

Wow. To say the least! Today unreal. I'm out still will be home to read catch up here soon. Was at trial today. Met a fellow sleuth member today, a nice Scottish lady. We tried to find litup haha. Back soon

I've actually felt real sadness for both the sons of IS today. I've been taken by Michelle's description of them as people "you'd be proud of as a parent".

I can't help thinking of them watching all this and knowing they are likely to lose their surviving parent. Then I think of his first wife who was possibly also a victim of murder and if so never had justice.

I think his late wife had siblings though so there will be aunties/uncles about who can hopefully offer support. I am so touched that Helen's brother appears supportive to them, how decent of him to be able to put his devastation aside to support two young men going through a horrible time as well.

I guess when this trial is over the only people who might still believe in his innocence will be his parents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even IS doesn't know what was in the folder!

After all, he's Just An Ordinary Man, Trapped in a Situation he Doesn't Understand, Fighting to Save The Woman he Loves, Framed for a Crime He Didn't Commit... In 3D!

Seriously though, he's playing dumb (yes, I know he really is dumb too...). He's not sophisticated like Helen and her husband, he doesn't understand all this business lark. And of course the implication is that IS is the innocent victim in all this, and Helen and husband must have been involved in some dodgy dealing to bring all this trouble to poor IS's door. IS is just a simple, passive, sick man and all this just happened to him! He just did what he was told!

Why, he wouldn't even harm a fly...

View attachment 109604

You so nailed it. That is his defence in a nutshell.

Poor, dear boys to witness the truth of their Father - to have to live through any memories they had of life with him, and grow to suspect him of the loss of their Mother.
For IS - to even pretend that he wished to protect their well-being and future by persuading Helen to come and buy a home in Royston - and then leave them with neither parent in their presence (apart from obviously one in Prison) and the lovely Helen who wrote .. and I have to pop upstairs and find her words .. of her tears for them over their Mother - and how she would like to be a 'big sister' and care for them always.

P398 It's not always easy living in a home that came together through sudden death. We all carry the burden of grief, and we deal with it in different ways. The lads will only ever have one mother, but I hope that they will come to see me as an older sister, someone who will always love them, look out for them, want the best for them and fight their corner with and for them .........And ..
A moment ago, one of them wandered into my study (even thought it's supposed to be out of bounds when I'm working), and asked how the book was going. I told him that I was writing the final chapter, but that I was finding it difficult to know how to end it, that there was so much I still wanted to say. He stood and thought for a moment and then said, 'Why don't you just write: And they all lived happily ever after.'

Wow. To say the least! Today unreal. I'm out still will be home to read catch up here soon. Was at trial today. Met a fellow sleuth member today, a nice Scottish lady. We tried to find litup haha. Back soon

Wot a big fibber!! You mean * I * embarrassed myself while you negated on your part of the deal :chicken:
(that`s meant to be a chicken lol)
Probably see you next week some time for the scrum and elbowing...

Ian Stewart is a pathetic, evil, creep with a pathetic life and a pathetic story.

He didn't become this after he met Helen. He hunted her down. Every word he said to her about relationships, grief and love was pure hollow trash.

He does not know what love is. He mimics it. He learns parrot fashion. He has never loved a soul in his entire life. His tale about Diane's eternity ring shows he doesn't understand people. He thinks it's possible to transfer the love he professed to have for her onto another.

He will fit well into prison life, using and manipulating, and complaining about his illnesses to get out of work.

It was amusing poking holes in his story for a while, now I just feel so angry for Helen. It's not even worth trying to catch him out by tallying his story to known dates and events, for me. It's pure fiction of the most disgusting, evil, degrading and insulting nature. It's continuing his abuse of Helen.

:goodpost:

I've been "round the houses" with this slothful blob of a man and given him plenty of wiggle room, just for the sake of trying to be objective and not get lazy, test my own bias
eg was he depressed, maybe he did love her once, crime passionel, autistic spectrum blah di blah di blah, did something happen that morning to trigger the final attack.

I was soon back 360', that he is a dangerous psycho of unknown Cluster B variety who sleuthed her, B.S'ed her and it was a Long Con.
What's new is that he is even more despicable and self-absorbed than even I would have predicted.

Once he was enjoying his time in the spotlight i started to feel almost dirty coming up close to his utter *advertiser censored*. He really is the lowest of the low. He is a void.

I'll def be here til the end of this though. I am looking forward to bright's sentencing comments and to see the final pieces of the puzzle put in place, or at least as far as we can. We'll never really know though. His type of evildoing is unfathomable.

. AND I do really, really want to see him squirm on the stand, public ignominy- although I appreciate that I may not get that satisfaction- before he slinks off to his final address at HMP wherever.

BBM - This is exactly how I feel Tortoise. At first, there was a slight delirium to the proceedings; to listening to him garble his tale of stupidity and ridiculousness was amusing. Then, the more it's gone on, the more depressing it feels.

The fact that he's putting her family through this charade, that he's so adept at making up stories to cover every single scenario; that's not a new skill. The only reason this story is so ridiculous is because it's become so huge due to the seriousness of the crime. But previous stories would have flown under the radar of suspicion. He will have been spinning yarns all his life.

He's not charming - I think the appeal was that he seemed steady and impressively caring and honest. We know now that the opposite was true, but I suspect many people will only now begin to realise all those little quibbles about him they didn't even realise they had until now. Suddenly, a million scenarios and situations will be starting to make sense to people. It's why I think the one son hasn't visited him at all.

He's a classic narcissistic psychopath and Risen the Bishop (hoping I've got the username right!) has been incredibly erudite and spot on in my opinion with the descriptions of his psychopathy. He's a dangerous man who thinks he's more important, more intelligent and more entitled than he is and feels resentment at not having what he feels should be his. He's contemptuous and begrudging - we can see that with the way he responds to questioning. And that, once again, fits entirely with his sense of entitlement and his delusions of high self-importance.

I don't wonder what Helen saw in him because psychopaths pick their victims very carefully and he wormed his way in by finding common ground and convincing her he was kind and caring, which was exactly what she was looking for in a time when she was vulnerable and lacking a sense of security and home.

No, he's not clever in the sense that we all think of. But he's emotionally clever; cunning. He can get what he wants from people searching for something because he can project what he needs to be for them. It's probably what causes a rift between his son(s) and Helen because she was probably very different to their mum. And he would have been different around her - that would have unsettled them. That would have automatically created something of a trial for them, emotionally, no matter how well they got on, on the surface.

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I'll stop now but could talk for weeks. I feel so sad this evening. All Helen wanted was stability, love and nurturing. Instead she got him.

Thinking of Helen, Boris and their friends and family tonight. Today now feels very sad for me.

Oh - you are so right Tortoise - especially (for me) highlighting that he Hunted her down.
He is a man of mimicry - he even stole her words from her book, the words she had published - and gave him grace and favour of her earnings from this. He tried to like Helen with her wonderful choice of cheese, and words .. and he couldn't even embrace her moment whilst she chose their engagement ring for her. He did not take time to KNOW her other than which would be advantageous to himself. Her vulnerabilities, her 'fears' and her compassion towards another Widower who may be left as she was on a beach, knowing nothing about her future within practical legal terms. He read of all of this in her blog, .. and then hit upon her at the most vulnerable time of her life - and how he good gain whilst know doubt enjoying life, meantime.

I like linking Stewart Trimmer to STRIMMER - as he will shred IS to pieces within the coming week.

Thank you to everyone today who pasted tweets and news feeds. Thank you to everyone who sleuthed and commented and cared enough to spend another day trying to swallow the bitter tripe that oozes from that man's mouth. I'm so grateful to be here with you sharing the burden of trying to understand the unfathomable. I'm :eek:fftobed: puggled after a long day at the keyboard. Blessings to all.

On a side note today after Court finished it was nice to see Helen's Brother John walk up to OS & JS they spoke for a little while then I heard John say its good to see you as they had a short embrace before walking off separately.

Lol. You asked the only other possible "suspect"
Sounds good, Take care!

On a side note today after Court finished it was nice to see Helen's Brother John walk up to OS & JS they spoke for a little while then I heard John say its good to see you as they had a short embrace before walking off separately.

He sounds everything (good) that IS isn't.

Thanks for the courtroom insights. Today has been just beyond belief.

I've been quite impressed with Trimmer. I think he's kept IS's nose to the grindstone and has called out a lot of his BS. The bit in one article where he said that he had used everything that was known about Helen to prey on her vulnerabilities... I think he's a decent bloke.

I'm sure either Helen or Diane or both died in that headlock he describes. I'm going to get my own Big Bean to try it on me later and see how it fits with leaving no injuries/defensive wounds (obviously he's not going to actually kill me!!).

IS is clearly a terrifyingly dangerous man.

So true; even the strongest person (whatever that means) is vulnerable in some way and the human vultures are very good at picking that up.

.....and a slowish online "wooing" assisted in catching his fish.
Had she met just him in a bar in Highgate and seen him fully in 3D, gained her first impressions face-to- face, his bowling, his BS self-aggrandisement , his odd body language ( michelle) etc etc it may never have got beyond a first date even after bereavement.
Starting online was a great way to build his fake persona, appropriate her themes and style and so "press her buttons".

Whatever version of PD he has, I don't really care , as they all share similar traits but this one little quotey-poster on NPD is still appropriate.

8871b60cc6e04d06b2299adea13fec9c.jpg

and
591565bfcb83e5af1b9caba419b5bcbc.jpg

Poor, dear boys to witness the truth of their Father - to have to live through any memories they had of life with him, and grow to suspect him of the loss of their Mother.
For IS - to even pretend that he wished to protect their well-being and future by persuading Helen to come and buy a home in Royston - and then leave them with neither parent in their presence (apart from obviously one in Prison) and the lovely Helen who wrote .. and I have to pop upstairs and find her words .. of her tears for them over their Mother - and how she would like to be a 'big sister' and care for them always.

P398 It's not always easy living in a home that came together through sudden death. We all carry the burden of grief, and we deal with it in different ways. The lads will only ever have one mother, but I hope that they will come to see me as an older sister, someone who will always love them, look out for them, want the best for them and fight their corner with and for them .........And ..
A moment ago, one of them wandered into my study (even thought it's supposed to be out of bounds when I'm working), and asked how the book was going. I told him that I was writing the final chapter, but that I was finding it difficult to know how to end it, that there was so much I still wanted to say. He stood and thought for a moment and then said, 'Why don't you just write: And they all lived happily ever after.'

Joely, that has just SLAYED me- what a beautiful soul the world has lost to evil. I cannot express how desperately sad I feel after reading those words in all their tragic irony.

May something of Helen's generosity of spirit live on in the grace of her brother and parents, and shine her love and understanding on the two young men who have had their lives trashed so selfishly.

My heart goes out to everybody whose lives Helen's touched- though they are the poorer for losing her, they'll always be richer for having known her.

Reminds me of the Stuart Hazell case where the police looked in the loft and declared that Tia wasn't in there before returning weeks later for a more thorough search where her dead body was found.

In that case the cadaver dog actually alerted but the police overlooked the body.

In that case the cadaver dog actually alerted but the police overlooked the body.

Is that so, I thought they missed it first time round because they were still looking for a live child, possibly hiding.

Joely, that has just SLAYED me- what a beautiful soul the world has lost to evil. I cannot express how desperately sad I feel after reading those words in all their tragic irony.

May something of Helen's generosity of spirit live on in the grace of her brother and parents, and shine her love and understanding on the two young men who have had their lives trashed so selfishly.

My heart goes out to everybody whose lives Helen's touched- though they are the poorer for losing her, they'll always be richer for having known her.

bat - the world is less in losing her. Her family shall not ever truly recover. J & S - I hope shall make their own future, despite the harm their Father has done to them. BUT - and BUT, Helen and Boris shall remain with us forever in our shock and devastation of HOW it can be a kiss towards being murdered.
I first came to know of Helen through Dachshunds - and then through Radio 4 - then her last book.
I am going to confess something that not everyone would need to understand - I loved her so much, I searched and searched for her Emma Bridgewater Snowdrop Mug (having already a few in this house).
I spent months find this - it does sound mad - but I found it on Ebay and I hold it preciously each day with my cup of tea forever in HB's beauty. (The snowdrop Emma Bridgewater was in Helen's photo - and I suppose I was so upset - I wished to share her and her wonder. And still do x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper