GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got phones on my mind at the moment. IS mentioned tiny phones in prison. I couldn't resist a search for them! Would you believe Amazon sell them and they are tiny at 68mm long. It seems from the comments on the advert that they are popular with prisoners and you can imagine how they bypass security checks! Retrieval by the visitor might be a bit of a problem though.:facepalm: He must have seen them inside or do you think I am the only one who didn't know they existed :). I don't for one moment believe his story about him getting a phone call on one of these telling him one of his 'gangsters' had been taken care of and I confess to thinking he was telling porkies about them existing at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/6040169...de_a_smtd&showDetailTechData=1#technical-data

Much as I don't believe his story. the image of him having to put his mouth up close to a tiny phone that had just come out of some other bloke's back passage does amuse me.

Going to voicemail just means it goes to the option where callers can only leave a message. I think her friend said it rang out first and then went to voicemail because Helen hadn't answered and that was really unusual for Helen not to answer,I guess even more so because Helen had just emailed her minutes earlier.

Yes, I know it's what used to be called answerphone! :)
Anyway, that's cleared up what I was wondering - it doesn't rule out her just leaving the desk for whatever mundane reason. I mean, surely she wasn't clutching the phone 24/7.

Or her own escape London property, CP - maybe Helen was actually leaving. Regaining her own life, fed up with illness (not that she wasn't kind and considerate) - and a house filled with 'curry' remains - and male trainers devouring her chosen scent in a home.

What if - when IS - told the Operator, when he announced Helen, as Missing -that we've had problems (OK he covered those aspects) but when the Operator asked him is this was 'out of the blue' (not her quote) - and if Helen had ever talked about this - if this was a surprise to IS - and he said 'we have talked about this' - or 'she has talked of this' .. this is another Red flag. IS may have been trying to refer to Helen's historical writings - but I am now putting 2 + 2 = 4. I think Helen over the weekend of 8/10th April was subdued with family visitors - and was, in her huge, emotional intelligence, suddenly wary of IS. Put it all together in her mind - as she always has, given time for space and reflection - and though Ku ching! I need out of here x
And the helpless controller knew Helen meant everything she said and she would act upon. And she 'would come back at you' and she was leaving - and knew, finally, who he was.
And he squashed that in her - because she rose against him and knew him for what he is.

Except she was still gearing up for the wedding. I think she still love bed him and probably never knew what happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe I've got the times wrong but I have it down that Helen's last online activity was at just before 11am and a call to her phone went to voicemail at 12:13, which is more than a few minutes later.

You could be wright. I was going by what I'd read in an article

Found it

The jury was told that Miss Bailey was making inquiries about wedding venues and swapping emails with one of her best friends about her wedding dress hours before she was murdered.

Tracey Stratton, 53, was the last person to receive an email from Miss Bailey before she died. ‘There was nothing then to make me think there was anything wrong, she was excited about the future,’ she said.

Minutes later, Miss Stratton tried to call Miss Bailey on her mobile, but the call was not answered. She sent her a text, but got no reply.

‘This was unusual, she would be straight on the phone to me,’ she said. ‘I tried to call her throughout the day but it went to voicemail every time. I was immediately quite worried.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lived-fianc-accused-murder.html#ixzz4Yc7LC0pN

ETA Ah just realised I think she may be saying her first call rang out rather than going to voicemail and it was later calls that went to voicemail. So it could be that it only went to voicemail later when IS turned it off

Ah wait, the unusual thing was not so much her not answering the call, but not returning it. As you were. :)

Yes her last email was at 10:51 and her last iPad search was at 10:58, then Tracey Stratton rang her phone at 12:13.

I've just added an edit as below, do we know if the first going to voicemail was at 12.13 or if the first call that wasn't answered and rang out was at 12.13?

ETA Ah just realised I think she may be saying her first call rang out rather than going to voicemail and it was later calls that went to voicemail. So it could be that it only went to voicemail later when IS turned it off

What time did he call the doctor to change his appointment?

11.30?

I can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else I read it, very recently, that zopiclone usually takes an hour to hour and a half to kick in.

I read that in a forum somewhere on line as well, about an hour to work - also that many people found they had a four hour deep sleep before stirring. Some then were daft enough to take a further pill and were off like Rumpelstiltskin for ages - with what was akin to a mahoooosive hangover when they did wake up. That was why I mentioned the 'four hour sleeps' that Helen seemed to have at least twice when she was totally out of contact and not responding to texts/calls and on line messages.

Sadly that won`t happen CP - it`s already been raised by Mr Trimmer - and you are NOT going to believe this......:drumroll:...
but according to IS when this put put to him, he "advised" us that apparently Helen was in the habit of deleting her search history!

Yes Michelle - I screamed out loud at that one when it popped up on screen here!

So glad you got into court today and also that you've taken the time and trouble to add so much more here. Bless you, you're a star! Make sure you get some sleep tonight! x

I've got phones on my mind at the moment. IS mentioned tiny phones in prison. I couldn't resist a search for them! Would you believe Amazon sell them and they are tiny at 68mm long. It seems from the comments on the advert that they are popular with prisoners and you can imagine how they bypass security checks! Retrieval by the visitor might be a bit of a problem though.:facepalm: He must have seen them inside or do you think I am the only one who didn't know they existed :). I don't for one moment believe his story about him getting a phone call on one of these telling him one of his 'gangsters' had been taken care of and I confess to thinking he was telling porkies about them existing at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/6040169...de_a_smtd&showDetailTechData=1#technical-data
There's a bit of a scandal at the moment re. the state of UK prisons. This is just the first story that came up on a google search, but tells of drugs and phones being flown in by drones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37152665

ETA: here's a video of it. Not that the phone call actually happened.

[video]https://youtu.be/1Qr8JYi5XEA[/video]

His appointment was at 11:30 and he called to change it at 11:33

So last online activity at 10.58. He was very late changing that appointment - in effect missing the appointment and making another one. I think he killed her sometime between 10.58 and 11.33 and I don't think she was sedated. Something happened to make him do this and he hadn't planned it that way.

His appointment was at 11:30 and he called to change it at 11:33

He was cutting it fine if he planned to kill Helen and be at the surgery by 11.30. But he doesn't cancel till after the appointment time. So hard to work out what went on.

So last online activity at 10.58. He was very late changing that appointment - in effect missing the appointment and making another one. I think he killed her sometime between 10.58 and 11.33 and I don't think she was sedated. Something happened to make him do this and he hadn't planned it that way.

I think she was sedated. There was no evidence of a fight or injury.

I'd say she might have had a sherry or something which poleaxed her along with the zop, but it seems a tad early.

The pathologist said that she was under the influence of zopiclone when she died, or do you mean you think she'd taken it but it hadn't taken effect yet?

Presumably he gave it her at breakfast time both on the 8th and the 11th so if we looked at when her online activity stopped and the drug took effect on the 8th it might give us an idea of when he expected the drug to take effect on the 11th and then we can see if it the expected time would have fitted in with his 11.30 appointment.

Slightly O/T here. It's amazing the teeny stuff you can get. My OH has a pen which you slip into your top pocket and when you click on the top it begins a video capture with sound of whatever situation you might find yourself in. He got it ages ago due to a troublesome neighbour who we felt might just flip at any time and made sure he had it on him whenever said neighbour was likely to let rip (full moon usually). The first time he used it he wasn't au fait with turning it on unobtrusively and crazy neighbour actually snapped at him 'For Christ's sake stop fiddling with your pen and listen to me'. OH stood like a rabbit in the headlights thinking he'd been rumbled :blushing: We almost cried laughing once we got over the shock of seeing it on a sort of shivering camera!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat