GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The dog has got to go". That simply breaks my heart.

God bless you Helen and Boris.

Account was 'woolly at the edges'
“What dispute was there out there that was worth killing for? “Worth killing Helen Bailey for? What were they after? A piece of paper or file? “The beauty of this invented tale is that it’s woolly at the edges.”

Helen Bailey gave up dispute over money owed to husband
“John Sinfield [Helen’s former husband] may have had a complicated life, and complicated business dealings, but that stopped when he died years ago and it had never risen its head again since. “There appeared to be some loose end at the end of his business where he was owed money, his estate was owed money, not the other way around. “So if anyone was going to go chasing it would have been his estate chasing a small sum of money, much less than £100,000. “The unchallenged evidence was that Helen Bailey gave up this dispute because the lawyers were costing too much. “That’s the sea around where this defendant had woven this tale. “This tale doesn’t see the light of day until December 13.”

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/incoming/live-helen-bailey-murder-case-12612181

I think if Helen had any worries about being badgered/threatened by "unkowns" she would, herself, have gone to the police. She knew that she was owed money and chose to stop proceeding due to the legal costs. Didn't we hear that NiJo had already been in contact with her? If they hadn't,how the hell would they know about IS being a beneficiary and that he had POA . Further incriminates himself with more obvious lies.

Stewart acted out story
“The impression that he left was that there was some difficulty and Helen wanted to be on her own. “Wanted to be on her own where her first husband and her spent some time. “Stewart acted this thing out, and he laid it on his face.”

Dog had to go
“The dog has got to go. If Helen’s gone, the dog has got to go. There is no way unless she’d made arrangements, that Helen would go without the dog. “If lie number one is going to work the dog has to go. That perfectly shortly and cruelly is why that dog may been lured down that pit with a toy. Somehow, the dog had to go. It could not stay.”

Kidnappers Nick and Joe 'don't exist' - jury told
“Anybody with an ounce of common decency, if there had been a kidnapping and if Joe and Nick had taken Helen away to sort out a problem, what would you do? “When you got police on the phone, speak to a senior officer. “‘I really must deal with this, is there any chance you could send a detective round to speak to me?’ “Is this defendant stupid? Does he not understand life? Of course he does. “When you say it to police are they going to advertise the fact it was a kidnapping? Clearly not. “Nick are Joe don’t exist. They are a much later invention, invented sometime after his arrest and when he spoke to his solicitor.”

That says it all right there, and even IS agreed under X, if it's not N & J, the only other option is himself.

Personally, I lurked here during the Sadie Hartley case. Have to second you MBMC regarding the Susan McLean case. A sleuther recommended the thread - what unbelievable dedication by Websleuthers.

"The dog has got to go". That simply breaks my heart.

God bless you Helen and Boris.

\And spot on. In lie no 1 at some point he realsied that Boris would have to disappear too but in Lie no 2 the kidnappers wouldn't have bothered taking Boris in the first place.

Pedant alert - can't be 'that's the sea', must be 'seed' or something else. The meaning's clear, anyway.

Depths of the lying is 'significant' court hears
“Police found Stewart odd. Stewart is telling you, that the real truth is that these people have kidnapped Helen. But in these [police] interviews he was calm, and in no sense concerned. “No sense saying ‘get out there and find her’. “In the interview Stewart said he had this memory of Helen saying goodbye to him, but it’s then suggested Helen was out walking the dog. You can’t have it both ways. “The depths of the lying is significant.”

Helen Bailey's killing 'brought forward'
“The important thing in his mind is the reason he had to do away with Helen, and her killing was brought forward because she was beginning to be aware of the fact that she was being drugged. “He saw the Mumsnet internet searches, and in his head that’s a significant thing.” Mr Trimmer points out that in Stewart’s police interview he mentioned Helen was into ‘forums, like Mumsnet and things like that’. “Why did that pop into his head?” Mr Trimmer asks the jury

re “
The important thing in his mind is the reason he had to do away with Helen, and her killing was brought forward because she was beginning to be aware of the fact that she was being drugged. “He saw the Mumsnet internet searches, and in his head that’s a significant thing.”

It's a shame we never found if there were Mumsnet posts(as opposed to searches) by Helen that would prove BIB above.

Stewart accused of creating a picture of Helen Bailey's disappearance
“The whole picture is building up and Stewart is creating this picture that Helen has just gone. “He tells police about significant places Helen might go - Brighton, Broadstairs. “The officer then hits the nail on the head, and if it were you and me, or anyone else with common sense, what would be the response to this? “Police ask: ‘Is there anything that you suspect there might be a third party involved in Helen’s disappearance?’ “Stewart said ‘someone mentioned kidnapping, she has got enough money to be a target.’ “Police ask him ‘you’ve not received any ransom notes, no one has made any demands?’ “Stewart answers ‘no, definitely not’.

Just to add my two penny worth, WS's members mostly join to follow a case that resonates with them, and for the best intentions. If any proof of this is needed I recommend to new members and lurkers, that they read the Susan McLean case, the reason I joined.

The love and dedication shown was truly wonderful, a true testimony to the members here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, everyone should read that, I still think of Susan often and followed it from the beginning

They've obviously read it then worked out who I was and deleted me. I'm appalled at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As am I, on your behalf. I hope there are many other, more friendly places where you can find support surrounding your bereavement. Which is the purpose of the group, I am assuming, rather than to be the judge and jury on how other people choose to deal with events in their lives.

What mean-spirited, self-important people. You're better off finding support elsewhere, Snoopy x

I'm saddened to read some of today's posts. It's hard to understand anyone extending anything other than support and kindness during such a terrible time (Pips/Snoopy/Hd et al.)

I only joined WS because of this case, having read her EB books and subsequently the Bikini book. I followed the missing person reports and shed tears when they were found. Helen's personality leaps off the pages of her blog and books and you feel like she's the friend you'd just not met yet (another poster phrased this more eloquently). I felt a small bond with her. I'm not a widow but I am a nervous Fiat 500 driver with a career in science secretly dreaming of being a writer one day. I also love Mr Kipling almond slices and adore my pets.

We all want justice for this terrible crime and want to ensure Helen and Boris are remembered for their loveliness and character not just in the tragic way their story ended.

Oh what a tangled web we weave

Stewart described as a 'plain, practiced liar' by prosecution
“Police ask him ‘’have you had any new visitors?’ “Stewart said ‘no, no-one springs to mind’. “You can watch him on this interview if you like, and you will see a plain, practiced liar, and an actor.”

Changed story over scrambled eggs
“In his interview, Stewart tells police ‘I’ve done Helen scrambled eggs’ on the morning of April 11. “He then later said he didn’t.”

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been quiet but I had a really horrible message from one of the widows who feels that I have been wrong in joining this group, merely to "speculate" and to cause her family upset. I've thought long and hard about my actions, and I feel that you guys have supported me in my grief far more than those who are casting judgement. This is a taste of what they can be like! Hunkerdown, I love the idea of Bailey, what a wonderful tribute. It seems ironic that I am being condemned for posting in a public group, which is how all the widows met each other in the first place. I have gone with Hunkerdown's view, as a true friend in "real life" who knew Helen for over 10 years - to honour Helen and also to send the prosecution details that they might have missed.

Let's hope justice for Helen and Boris will quickly be served x

Self-important people who think they are entitled to speak for others, whom they have probably never even met. We've had a taste of that here too. Such people are often driven by envy and spite, and are best ignored. Their opinions are just that, opinions.

Scene maybe ?

Maybe ... but given that Strimmer uses language precisely, I thought it must be something small around which Stewart wove his lies. 'Seed' just about works, though perhaps not a perfect metaphor!

Scene maybe ?

No, "seed" makes sense, if a slightly mixed metaphor. "That’s the seed around where this defendant had woven this tale."
The seed from which he has grown the tale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste