GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From your link, the prosecution also said it appears she put up a fight, had blood under her fingernail. Poor girl. I'm so glad they caught this guy. I wonder if he's done the same to other women?

From your link, the prosecution also said it appears she put up a fight, had blood under her fingernail. Poor girl. I'm so glad they caught this guy. I wonder if he's done the same to other women?

With all the women's clothing around his house it certainly sounds like there is a history. Possibly he previously assaulted other women, or just behaved really creepy, and they were lucky to get out in time. If so, I wish they would come forward.

I grew up in Northampton and my little brother and quite a lot of my friends knew India, so there have been quite a few posts on social media about these updates today :( it's really sad. Similarly to someone who posted earlier, I also wonder if he'll go for the consensual sex/death by accident defense.

Thanks for the links Tortoise.

Have to say, that artists impression of ET is a lot better than the earlier one from a few months back. I couldnt understand how India would have gone off with him, based on the earlier pic, but the latest one makes him look fairly normal.
However, by the sounds of it, she was so drunk she probably didnt realise what was going on and wouldnt have noticed what he looked like.

Well there's a surprise ( not )

A Northampton man accused of killing India Chipchase is denying her murder because he claims she died by “accident” during consensual sexual intercourse, a jury has been told.

Only recently has the defendant indicated the issues at this trial. He admits sexual intercourse but denies rape. He says India consented. He denies deliberately killing her and said it was an accident during the course of sexual intercourse.”

Mr Donnellan said it was the prosecution’s case that India did not consent to sex and the defendant did not reasonably believe she consented.

He said: “She was in no fit state to make a decision about anything. She was incapable of consenting.

Mr Donnellan said the jury must convict the defendant if they find he had the intention to cause grievous bodily harm or death.

He said: “The deliberate act of putting hands around a smaller, lighter woman and keeping sustained pressure to render her unconscious and then keeping that pressure for a while longer so no oxygen could get to her blood would have only one result, which the defendant knew only too well. That is death.”

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...osecutor-tells-jury-in-murder-trial-1-7485127

More from the Chronicle

The court heard Tenniswood was heard to be making repeated assurances to Ms Chipchase that he would get her home safely.

The jury was shown how Ms Chipchase and Tenniswood walked up Bridge Street and then got into a cab and the top of the road.

Mr Donnellan said, once inside the taxi, Tenniswood intially said he wanted the driver to take him to McDonald’s in Riverside or Sixfields, neither of which were in the direction of where Ms Chipchase lived.

He said Tenniswood asked to be taken to the BP garage on St James and the driver then witnessed him get out of the cab and do something “out of sight” for three or four minutes.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...osecutor-tells-jury-in-murder-trial-1-7485127

There has been some afternoon testimony but looks like our man at the Mirror is not around

Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 12:52
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 13:59
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:15 - 14:09
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 3 Sworn - 14:12
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 14:49
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Sworn - 14:51
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 15:06
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 15:28
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 5 Sworn - 15:33
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 6 Sworn - 15:46
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 15:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 10:00 - 16:08

Today's log

Birmingham 5
T20167594

edward william tenniswood

Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:18
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 7 Sworn - 10:25

On the third day of the trial, a jury heard evidence from Dr Michael Biggs, a Home Office pathologist.

Dr Biggs said he had recorded more than 30 injuries on the 20-year-old’s body, including a number in the head and neck area.

India had bruising on her forehead, cheeks, neck and jaw. She also had cuts in her mouth and on her lip.

There was blunt force trauma injuries on the face and neck region with compression of the neck.

They were a pattern of inflict injury such as an assault. They were not consistent with self-inflicted injury such as a fall.

The pathology report concluded that Ms Chipchase’s cause of death was “pressure to the neck”.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...onsistent-with-an-assault-jury-told-1-7488324

The jury also heard from David Burry, a doorman at NBs, who said he had come into contact with India after a man in the nightclub alerted him to the fact she was very drunk.

Mr Burry said: “She seemed very drunk, she was slumped. The man said ‘my friend’s really drunk can you take her outside?”

The doorman told the jury he helped her out the front of the club and India said to him “I want to go home.”

Mr Burry said he hailed a cab and then made sure India got inside. He said he had checked she had some money in her purse.

The court heard Mr Burry then went back inside NB’s but was then surprised to find her outside the bar a short while later.

Mr Burry said: “As I came outside she fell into me. She said ‘someone pushed me over’ and then repeated that she wanted to go home.

“I said ‘I just put you in a cab’”.

The doorman said he went back inside the club and found the man who had orginally alerted him to Ms Chipchase and told him what had happened.

Mr Burry: “I said to him 15 minutes later ‘Did she get home okay?’ and he said ‘I went out the front but she was not there, as far as I know she did get home.”-

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...read-a-day-after-she-died-jury-told-1-7487051

The jury also heard evidence read from a statement by Andrew Birkinshaw, the driver of the taxi Ms Chipchase was placed in by the NB’s doorman.

He said: “ A young, slim girl was put in my cab by a doorman. She was drunk so I asked for money in advance. She got angry and threw a wobbly.

“I could not understand what she was saying. She made no effort to pay and left my cab. I did not see where she went.”

The cab driver said the reason he asked for money was that, as Ms Chipchase was drunk she may be sick in his cab or not have the money for the journey.

The court heard that Mr Burry had seen a £10 and £5 note in India’s bag. Mr Birkinshaw said the journey to Ms Chipchase’s home in Wootton would have cost about £10.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...read-a-day-after-she-died-jury-told-1-7487051

Are young people not loyal to friends these days? Oi doorman, can you get rid of my 'friend' please cause she's drunk and I don't want to deal with her' ...
I hope that so called friend feels a pang of guilt every day for the rest of their lives. I've raised my girls as I will my son, no one gets left behind, no one goes off alone.

Less mad at the taxi driver, it's his livelihood, if a drunk occupant vomits, urinates or defecates then you have to pay for a valet and lose out on fares while it's being cleaned BUT for a young girl on her own? There should be ways around it other than what happened here.

I hate NBs I think India went outside to make a call and was not allowed back in she was very drunk that's what her girlfriends were saying. A lot more to come out about this man imo ! I think one of her mates was posting a lot on FB asking if anyone had seen her I am not so sure it was one of her friends who asked staff to get her out the club

Agree with you there is more about this man I believe than what has been let known to the public.

The alleged murderer of India Chipchase told his neighbour he had been in the Army and was “trained to kill people with his bare hands”, a jury has been told.

The court heard evidence this morning (Monday) from Douglas Killeya, a neighbour of Tenniswood who lived opposite him in Stanley Road.

Mr Killeya recalled an incident when Tenniswood allegedly put his hands around his neck.

Mr Killeya said Tenniswood put his both his hands around his throat for about “five seconds” but did not apply any pressure.

The court heard Tenniswood allegedly also told Mr Killeya: “I have been in the Army and have been trained to kill people with my bare hands.”

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...trained-to-kill-with-his-bare-hands-1-7493276

The jury also heard evidence from a night porter and a receptionist at the Ibis hotel, where Tenniswood was arrested by police on Sunday, January 31

Francisco Lino, a night porter, said Tenniswood arrived at the hotel at about 10.45pm the day before and spent several hours in the lobby.

Mr Lino said Tenniswood drank coffee and used a computer.

The jury was told Tenniswood asked if he could book a room but was told the hotel was full.

He also asked if he could eat breakfast in the hotel, even if he wasn’t a guest.

The court heard Tenniswood was also seen in the hotel lobby by receptionist Vicente Mendez who believed Tenniswood had “hung round” the hotel lobby all of the morning of Sunday, January 31.

Viktoria Salicheva, who started her shift at 3pm that day, said she had served Tenniswood two pints of lager and had seen him using a hotel computer.

She said she believed that, on some occasions, Tenniswood had been “talking to himself” as nobody was seated near him.

The court heard Tenniswood also asked her to place some notes in a bin, but had wanted to put the paper in the bin himself, rather than give it to her.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...trained-to-kill-with-his-bare-hands-1-7493276

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back