GUILTY UK - India Chipchase, 20, Northampton, 30 January 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Man accused of India Chipchase murder appears at Northampton Crown Court via video link

Mike Cartwright
BBC Look East
Posted at 13:26
A man accused of murdering 20-year-old India Chipchase in Northampton has appeared at Northampton Crown Court.

Edward Tenniswood, 51, from Stanley Road, Northampton, made no plea while appearing via video link from Woodhill Prison.

There was no application for bail and he was remanded in custody by Judge Rupert Mayo. A trial was set for 18 July to last for ten days.

India Chipchase was ‘strangled shortly after arriving at house’, prosecution claims

13:31 Thursday 04 February 2016
The 51-year-old accused of murdering India Chipchase is accused of strangling her at his house in Northampton, the Crown Court heard today.

Edward Tenniswood, aged 51, had his preliminary hearing via videolink to Northampton Crown Court this afternoon.

Mary Loram, from the Crown Prosecution Service, gave judge Rupert Mayo brief outline of the CPS’s case against Tenniswood while the defendant watched from Woodhill Prison.

Tenniswood is accused of murdering Miss Chipchase shortly after they arrived at his house.

Mrs Loram also spoke briefly about the scope of the police investigation.

She told the court: “This is a wide-ranging inquiry as you would obviously expect.”

Tenniswood spoke only to confirm his details and that he could see the court via the camera.

He was remanded in custody and will next appear in court in April.

Northamptonshire Police has made a referral to the Independent Police Complaints Commission over the force’s “responses before and during the search for India Chipchase”.

It is understood that referring themselves to the IPCC is compulsory for any force if there was a missing persons appeal issued by officers prior to a crime being discovered.

Read more: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...se-of-india-chipchase-1-7198116#ixzz3zCyDIkIJ

India Chipchase: First picture of man accused of murdering 20-year-old barmaid

Edward-Tenniswood-appearing-via-videolink-for-a-preliminary-hearing-at-Northampton-Crown-Court.jpg

First picture: Edward Tenniswood, in a court sketch, appears via videolink for a preliminary hearing at Northampton Crown Court

his is the first picture of the man who has been accused of killing 20-year-old barmaid India Chipchase as he took to the dock today.

Edward Tenniswood was not required to enter a plea when he appeared in court via videolink for a preliminary hearing.

India Chipchase: First picture of man accused of murdering 20-year-old barmaid

Edward-Tenniswood-appearing-via-videolink-for-a-preliminary-hearing-at-Northampton-Crown-Court.jpg

First picture: Edward Tenniswood, in a court sketch, appears via videolink for a preliminary hearing at Northampton Crown Court

his is the first picture of the man who has been accused of killing 20-year-old barmaid India Chipchase as he took to the dock today.

Edward Tenniswood was not required to enter a plea when he appeared in court via videolink for a preliminary hearing.

*gasp* my heart just skipped a beat - he looks just like an ex bf of mine. (But he has a different name ;) )

He's not what I imagined him to look like

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

He's not what I imagined him to look like

Agree Sar. From the descriptions in MSM I imagined some grubby, seedy looking little man. This picture is very different.

I imagined him with greasy straggly hair and stubble rather than a proper beard. It would take a very bad artist for me to be right. :D

Also, I'd never heard of the surname Tenniswood until this arrest then yesterday I saw someone post in a Facebook group I'm in who had that surname. Oh Baader-Meinhof, you tease....

I imagined him with greasy straggly hair and stubble rather than a proper beard. It would take a very bad artist for me to be right. :D

I did at first, then I read he was bald. I somehow ended up with a vision of the Hamlet Cigar man but less smiley!

Agree Sar. From the descriptions in MSM I imagined some grubby, seedy looking little man. This picture is very different.
Yes I was thinking Norris from Corrie

I had to google Baader-Meinhof and Norris from Corrie, but yes and yes!

I'm in the uk and hadn't heard of this. It really gives me the creeps. I hope they find the other man on CCTV. It sounds like she went into his house & she was killed there. This really gives me horrible chills. I wonder if there is more CCTV footage of them, if it's a busy place for pubs/clubs there must be.
I'm also wondering if this man was waiting for this oppertunity. Did the bouncers recognise him from hanging around a lot?
I feel for the door men that night, they must feel awful but they were only doing there job.

Morning all.

Here's a photo of Tenniswood aged 23. Odd that they couldn't get anything more recent than 28 years ago...

ian-main_2676024a.jpg

Just read the news article that accompanies the picture and it says that bouncers put India into a taxi, but she returned 15 mins later. That is unbearably sad, they had helped her to get home safely, why oh why did she come back

Decent looking chap. What happened that he evolved into a loner and killer?

Was this the first time he'd done this or attempted it? I wonder if young women are coming forward to say he's tried it on with them, seems hard to believe his first crime was murder.

We are told he walks up and down Bridge St on a night, we're told he gets drunk and creates a scene on Stanley Road, we are told he was found in the city centre. We hear he lives in squalor, we've seen pics of his home, he works from home, doesn't see people. His family allude to something awful happening in the past, awful enough for some of them to cut contact and rip up all his photos.

Loneliness, rejection, the internet. I'd say this has been brewing for years.

Was this the first time he'd done this or attempted it? I wonder if young women are coming forward to say he's tried it on with them, seems hard to believe his first crime was murder.

We are told he walks up and down Bridge St on a night, we're told he gets drunk and creates a scene on Stanley Road, we are told he was found in the city centre. We hear he lives in squalor, we've seen pics of his home, he works from home, doesn't see people. His family allude to something awful happening in the past, awful enough for some of them to cut contact and rip up all his photos.

Loneliness, rejection, the internet. I'd say this has been brewing for years.

Yes definately sounds like an oddball. I still can't get my head around the fact India went to his home. What are people's thoughts on that? I'm starting to wonder if she couldnt get a taxi and this seemingly kinder older man has offered to walk with her but clearly with awful intentions? India could have been in such a drunken state she didn't know where she was going. If he's been planning this he must have thought he'd won the jackpot sadly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back