GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another thing that unsettles me about VT being in the frame.

It is very plausible for a co-located murderer to want to distance himself from the scene of the crime. I get that, it seems very logical.

Why did this logical Phd mind then think it was a good idea to attach his DNA to the body prior to dumping taking the crime right back to his doorstep?

Perhaps he'd been drinking quite a bit that evening and wasn't aware of the saliva.

Apparently it's a pretty busy location.

Lorry drivers have a high up vantage point, they'd be going pretty slow turning into the quarry.

looking at an arial view of the entrance to the quarry, it appears that lorries entering and exiting the site only seem to approach it from the B3128 road - mud tracks on the road.

Any lorry driver entering the site would be looking ahead for approaching traffic, his rear mirror and looking left before turning(mindful of possible pedestrians), therefore he probably wouldn't look down to the right of the entrance.

Also when exiting he would be looking to the right and left - focused on possible traffic.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MUKM...0MzY4MzIyODI0MjkzJTdlLTIuNjc4MTkxOTE3Nzc0NDI=

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...tljp129616495432530&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Yes it's strange that more people didn't hear something (although they might have and also reported it.) Having said that, it was a cold night so windows would be shut and if people had TVs on, they could easily have missed the brief noises outside.

Here are some reports about the screams:

The "help me" witness is reported in the Daily Star as saying the words were loud but not a scream and he isn't completely sure which night he heard them. He says he went outside to investigate but saw nothing.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173246/Jo-Yeates-My-guilt-over-her-death/

Then there's the reported midnight scream:

The midnight scream is one that seems out of place and it's crossed my mind that it might have been a deflection tactic, especially if it was a resident who reported it. Perhaps the same neighbour who's now claiming that VT was seen at the flats that evening and CJ told him that Greg would be away for the weekend. Would be interesting to know who's reported these things.

I found this linked on Twitter.

It's an 11:16 minute clip of JY's family, her brother and GR leaving flowers at the deposition site. I have seen it before, but not over 11 minutes of it.

It begins before they arrive by car, they arrive and leave flowers. At the 5:50 mark they walk back to the actual site ... then, after walking back to the car, hugging, they drive off.

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/2010/12/27/R27121002/?s=Greg+Reardon

I'm cooking dinner so I hope I got this right.

Ah it rings a bell - Again for reasons of extortion not to mock.

Fwiw I too believe the pizza label message sent to the Bristol Ram is a red herring !

(The mocking angle I believe came from the perp's feeling of not accelerating quickly enough within the police branch he was finally posted too. He felt better than some of his new superior officers and wanted to get one over on them.)

Fwiw I too believe the pizza label message sent to the Bristol Ram is a red herring !

(The mocking angle I believe came from the perp's feeling of not accelerating quickly enough within the police branch he was finally posted too. He felt better than some of his new superior officers and wanted to get one over on them.)

I agree I think the whole pizza thing is a red herring from the start. The public were so busy 'looking' (metaphorically speaking) for the box - to god knows what detrimental effect.

I shall read into that case more!

Im still asking why the landlord hasnot been released from bail???

"But in an interview with the Bristol Evening Post, David Wilson, a professor of criminology and criminal justice at Birmingham City University, said it is normal practice to release other suspects from bail following a charge.

He said: “Now that they've charged VT it would make sense for police to cancel CJ' bail.

That would be normal procedure. I’d expect the police to act quickly to end any misunderstanding in relation to CJ not being released from bail"

looking at an arial view of the entrance to the quarry, it appears that lorries entering and exiting the site only seem to approach it from the B3128 road - mud tracks on the road.

Any lorry driver entering the site would be looking ahead for approaching traffic, his rear mirror and looking left before turning(mindful of possible pedestrians), therefore he probably wouldn't look down to the right of the entrance.

Also when exiting he would be looking to the right and left - focused on possible traffic.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MUKM...0MzY4MzIyODI0MjkzJTdlLTIuNjc4MTkxOTE3Nzc0NDI=

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...tljp129616495432530&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Well spotted indeed. You right.
I went into detail about the Quarry entrance, turning trucks, busy location with photos here a while back.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #4

A blue Ford Mondeo arrived at his house in Cambridge at around 9.30am yesterday morning.
Two men dressed in smart suits, believed to be police officers, went into the house clutching papers before leaving at 10am and driving away.
It is not known where Tanja is staying but her father confirmed she was still in Britain and that she and Tabak were still together as a couple.

He said: “The idea that they split up before Christmas is wrong. That’s even more absurd than the theory she is abroad.”

The police must have been checking up VT's alibi for certain dates. Also shows how families with any connection to VT are sucked into this, having the media at their doors reporting whose going in and out.

I may be the only one who did not know of this site: Crimewatchers in the UK

Other sites are discussing differences between the CWs account and what has been in the press.

For anyone else who has not seen it yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/appeals/2011/01/joyeates_latest.shtml

Well, I wonder if they're discussing Greg taking 3 & 1/2 hours to report her missing?

When he returned home at around 8pm on Sunday 19th, he discovered the flat was empty. He tried calling Joanna, only to discover her mobile in her coat pocket. Her purse and keys were also all inside as were the coat and boots she usually wore. Detectives also found receipts for the shopping she'd bought that night along with the bottles of cider. The only things missing were Joanna and any trace of the pizza she had bought.

After ringing around friends and family, he realised no-one had seen or heard from Joanna since Friday evening and he reported her missing to the police.

20:00 Greg returns to Canynge Road and finds flat empty
23:30 approx Greg Reports Joanna missing to the police

Ok, so it doesn't say that when he tried to call her mobile, that the mobile rang, perhaps the battery had died and it was some time after that he discovered it in her coat pocket, but if it did ring - he must have seen all the missed calls, missed texts etc, it says he rang round her friends/family, the parents said he called them around midnight (perhaps Crimewatch has it wrong) we know he didn't call RS, cos she says the first she heard was from the police at 4am.

Please someone give me a logical explanation as to why it took 3 and a half hours to call the police, and I'll shut up.

Beautiful pictures of Joanna at this link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/appeals/2011/01/joyeates_photos.shtml

Well, I wonder if they're discussing Greg taking 3 & 1/2 hours to report her missing?

When he returned home at around 8pm on Sunday 19th, he discovered the flat was empty. He tried calling Joanna, only to discover her mobile in her coat pocket. Her purse and keys were also all inside as were the coat and boots she usually wore. Detectives also found receipts for the shopping she'd bought that night along with the bottles of cider. The only things missing were Joanna and any trace of the pizza she had bought.

After ringing around friends and family, he realised no-one had seen or heard from Joanna since Friday evening and he reported her missing to the police.

Ok, so it doesn't say that when he tried to call her mobile, that the mobile rang, perhaps the battery had died and it was some time after that he discovered it in her coat pocket, but if it did ring - he must have seen all the missed calls, missed texts etc, it says he rang round her friends/family, the parents said he called them around midnight (perhaps Crimewatch has it wrong) we know he didn't call RS, cos she says the first she heard was from the police at 4am.

Please someone give me a logical explanation as to why it took 3 and a half hours to call the police, and I'll shut up.

This is what he said Dec 23

"Then when I arrived home it was obvious our cat had been left on his own and was going mad. I waited up for her until about midnight and then when she didn’t return I started to get really worried.

‘I went through her bag, which she had left on the table and found it had all the stuff she would need to take with her, things like her purse and her keys.

‘I called the police and reported her missing and also phoned her parents. Since then I haven’t slept much."

Ref: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html#ixzz1CHteCUn1

I found this linked on Twitter.

It's an 11:16 minute clip of JY's family, her brother and GR leaving flowers at the deposition site. I have seen it before, but not over 11 minutes of it.

It begins before they arrive by car, they arrive and leave flowers. At the 5:50 mark they walk back to the actual site ... then, after walking back to the car, hugging, they drive off.

http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//ITN/2010/12/27/R27121002/?s=Greg+Reardon

I'm cooking dinner so I hope I got this right.

What a heartbreaking piece of footage - I know we all come on here and like to discuss this case and like the detective work behind it but this really grounds you. From the police liaison officer hesitating in telling them where they could lay flowers to poor Greg on his own. The silence too with no bong bong bong news at ten bells or reporting over the top of it - it almost made you feel as if you were there.

Great post btw

So, anyone want me to do the grapefruit trick to see how frozen it is to the ground in the morning? It is going to be similar conditions to the night before Joanna was found ... light snow and just below freezing. There is already some snow on the ground.

Who knows? - I was extremely suspicious when I heard this but I think it is safe to say there was nothing ominous in it (assuming his rock solid alibi). We don't know the nature of their relationship. I mean it was not uncommon for her not to answer her phone etc maybe this wasn't that unusual either?

So, anyone want me to do the grapefruit trick to see how frozen it is to the ground in the morning? It is going to be similar conditions to the night before Joanna was found ... light snow and just below freezing. There is already some snow on the ground.

I want you to do it.

I would do it but no snow here in LA. :D

What a heartbreaking piece of footage - I know we all come on here and like to discuss this case and like the detective work behind it but this really grounds you. From the police liaison officer hesitating in telling them where they could lay flowers to poor Greg on his own. The silence too with no bong bong bong news at ten bells or reporting over the top of it - it almost made you feel as if you were there.

Great post btw

Isn't it though. I got as far as watching the second bouquet of flowers laid on the verge, and decided to watch it later ... give it my full attention. It's felt a bit like a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!