GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quarry with a very deep pit ...

No, that's the point. She'd have been found fairly soon in a working quarry. The place where he tried to put her was the roof of the tunnel under LWL - an overgrown, pretty inaccessible spot where no one would have reason to go.

No. It was before the heavy snowfall during Fri/Sat night.

So he claims that he took her directly to the quarry ... a completely random place ... and then searched Google Maps because he was curious about the weather?

But if hiding the body was so important, surely he would have looked for a better location after failing to tip the body over the wall, rather than leaving it on a roadside verge?

Richardpayne
Tabak - 2 or 3 cars drove past I was in a state of shock, stress. I am so sorry for doing that.

Skynewsgatherer
Tabak left Joanna's body on the verge. Tabak:" I'm so sorry for doing that. I put Joanna's parents and Greg through a week of hell."

No, that's the point. She'd have been found fairly soon in a working quarry. The place where he tried to put her was the roof of the tunnel under LWL - an overgrown, pretty inaccessible spot where no one would have reason to go.

I didn't know that ... I saw those tunnels ... wow.

I agree it all sounds extremely plausible, apart from the 'stumbling upon' a quarry and her chest being exposed 'through moving her'

I think that there was intent to murder her. To lean in to kiss her after ten minutes he must have been aroused and I suspect as soon as she screamed (and I think he gave her reason to scream and us keeping very quiet about it) he intended to silence her forever.

But seriously, couldn't her top have come up through being lifted? I don't think that that is so implausible? When I have been lifted my DH seems to lift me like a sack of spuds. It could be just a bloke thing. NB that is also why I hate being lifted by my DH, because he does it like that, he's just not that aware and graceful.

The rest of your post I agree with though.

I don't think he went anywhere near Waitrose. The person in the video didn't look like VT to me and, if it was him, you can be sure it would have been pointed out by the prosecution.

A lot of people think it does, espessially on facebook. I think it is him, but we all have different opinions on here.

Snap! I was just going to type that to you too! I missed you too! :heartluv:

I love the quote on your posts!

Have people been in the chat room following this case?

I've hardly been in chat in the last 6 weeks, it drops off dramatically when no one's following a trial - but our time diff doesnt help!

I wish more followed this case - there was a lot of interest even across the pond before VT was arrested but a lot of people get into other cases and dont realise some go to trial etc

But if hiding the body was so important, surely he would have looked for a better location after failing to tip the body over the wall, rather than leaving it on a roadside verge?

I believe he was disturbed while trying to lift the body over the wall? maybe he left her there intending to return but there was too much activity or he backtracked and started looking to see if there was CCTV there. Maybe he returned on his bike? remember the guy seed darting accross the highway through traffic at on the evening of the 18th? The person was running out o the woods by Longwood Lane.

I need to have these injuries explained & how much time elapsed between him going to his flat after he'd put JY in her bed, & him coming back.

Kirsty Gardner (@KirstyGardner)

Tabak is back in the witness box after a break. William Clegg for the defence resumes examination #joyeates

Tabak says he tried to carry on but was drinking more alcohol & constantly checking Internet. "Tanja was the only thing that kept me going"

He constantly expected to be arrested or for her body to be found. " I'm really sorry for being responsible for her death and for putting...Her parents and Greg through a week of hell". He says it will haunt him all his life.

Harriet Tolputt (@skynewsgatherer)

Tabak tells the court that after Joanna's death he started drinking more. He said he expected to be arrested at "any moment"

Tabak:" I took it day by day. What I should have done was called the police. I had ample opportunity to call the police."

"Not knowing where she was. I cannot believe I am capable of such an act." said Tabak.

The jury and people in the public gallery have a great advantage over us by being able to watch VT testify and note his body language and delivery. It is difficult to make a judgment based on tweets.

I've hardly been in chat in the last 6 weeks, it drops off dramatically when no one's following a trial - but our time diff doesnt help!

I wish more followed this case - there was a lot of interest even across the pond before VT was arrested but a lot of people get into other cases and dont realise some go to trial etc

Thanks.

I haven't been in chat since the end of the Casey Anthony trial. I had to step away from it all, (even reading about it and looking at the forum) cos I was and am still mad that she was found NG.

I will however, be buying Jeff Ashton's book when it comes out.

I remember there was quite a lot of talk on here when Joanna Yates dissappeared, but yes, I totally agree, the time distance will be a problem for anyone in the USA wanting to follow proceedings.

I actually believe the majority of what he has said EXCEPT how the incident come about...

how did that great long sock come off as he moved the body? do me a favour! they are horrendous to get off at the best of times.... I still think Joanna could have been in the process of undressing and found him in the flat....

I think the pizza and sock will always remain a bit of a mystery - I do believe that he discarded them where he said and am disgusted that the police didn't find them.

yeatesquarry-1.jpg

@KirstyGardner

He and Tanja went to Cambridge and Holland. The police took his DNA and he knew he would be arrested any day. He thought every day was his... Last with Tanja. He knew DNA would match. 18 days between getting home to Bristol and his arrest

Tabak says he coped by drinking vodka and herbal sleeping tablets. Not concentrating at work. He lost 5-7 kilos.

Tabak says he was on suicide watch in prison. He thought of killing himself when he was in Cambridge and body had been found.

"I just clung on and decided not to do anything". When back in Bristol and he knew DNA found; l thought that's it.

skynewsgatherer

Tabak said he thought he would be arrested when he travelled back to the UK after Xmas and he treated every day like his last with Tanja.

Court hears how Tabak started drinking Vodka every night, he lost 5-7kilos and searched the Internet all the time.

Tabak tells court he contemplated suicide the day after Joanna's body was found. "I was in state of total despair," he said.

The jury and people in the public gallery have a great advantage over us by being able to watch VT testify and note his body language and delivery. It is difficult to make a judgment based on tweets.

Agree with you there, it would be very interesting to be able to watch him...

@KirstyGardner

He thought of jumping off the bridge.

Tabak admits not answering questions in interview except re phones. This was on his solicitor's advice. He'd never been in police station

He lied in statements. Because he was"stupidly hoping" they wouldn't have evidence. Later he realised they did.

He told chaplain he would admit killing her. He admits he killed her. Did you want to kill her? "Definitely not."

I'm going to be p!ssed if he gets away with a manslaughter conviction. I believe he murdered her plain and simple.

So he claims he suffered after the murder, but what was he really doing in the first place?

skynewsgatherer

Tabak thought again of suicide when he read that DNA had been found on Joanna's body. "I thought that's it," he said.

" I thought of jumping off the bridge," said Tabak.

Following his arrest Tabak was put in contact with a duty solicitor. She told him not to answer police questions, court told.

Clegg:" Why didn't you tell police the truth?" Tabak:" I was stupidly hoping they didn't have enough evidence to link me to what I did."

Tabak:" I was hoping that they would let me go at some point."

Clegg:" Did you want to kill her?" Tabak:" No definitely not."

richardpayneitv

Tabak - I still can't believe i'm responsible, it will haunt me for the rest of my life, no matter what sentence i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay