GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's GR at all, I don't think it's a builder from the house next door either. I would say it's a person who can work under pressure, somebody more mature. Somebody knew they had time to think, to get stuff in place. Somebody who's mobile didn't need to be switched off just left at home. A car or the 4x4 was used to select a disposal days before it was needed, a car that would hopefully be gone from the minds of people who did see it in the lane days earlier. IMO Jo was stored in a lock up or shed of a relative or friend who wouldn't be in the place over the time it was used. Unless the person was a suspect in the first few days nobody would be monitoring the comings and goings over the next few days. Jo was moved by somebody 3/4am Xmas day to the quarry enterance. IMO the vehicle was cleaned and put back, having used the 4x4 to possibly find a disposal another may have been used and lined with polythene to avoid contamination or maybe the 4x4 was used. Whoever has done this probably has done similar before and has had time to think on it and get it right (a bit of luck involved too). I still think the flat was staged and GR wasn't familiar enough with Jo's habits, not as much as her mum would be having spent over 20 years cleaning up after her.
I'd bet Jo's boots were found together neatly at the inside of the flat door and her bag on the table...her mum would know her boots would have been next to the couch in a pile, her mobile would be out on the side and her keys flung on the table. Staged I'd say, most definately.
I'd love to see the books that each resident read, that might give a reason that early on the police said 'somebody who was forensically aware'. All my own opinion.

Originally Posted by MMENJBRIT
The 4x4, The Redwood Hotel, The Guy seen dashing across the road Chrismas Eve......

Re: Patticake.....

Actually it was TWO men running across the road. She only described one as blonde with a white teeshirt.

Extensive description and article here:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...un-from-woods/

Ok.. yes there was a sighting of 2 men on 1-7-10..... I was referring to an earlier witness account from 12-24-10. reported in daily Telegraph 12-27-10

here it is.

Police are now trying to determine how long the body was on the verge.
A woman from a nearby village has reportedly said she was driving with her two daughters late on Christmas Eve when they saw a man run across the road and jump over a stile.
She said: "It was dark and it was very odd."

I apologize! I am new to blogging and have not figured out how to copy the links to articles:(

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum. What a baffling case.

Does anyone think that the police have an inkling but need to gather firm evidence. Could it be that they are slowly leaking information to scare someone or hope that the perpetrator(s) will make a mistake? Or is that the stuff of fiction?

My feeling is that this murder was not premeditated. As to the motive I am not sure. I think greed can be ruled out. Perhaps jealousy, fit of rage or fear?

Hi TulipaNoir, and welcome to WebSleuths!

And to anyone else new I may have missed overnight or otherwise:

:Welcome1:

JOANNA YEATES BOYFRIEND’S TORMENT OVER VISIT TO NEWBORN NIECES

Wednesday January 12, 2011

"THE boyfriend of Joanna Yeates has been left in torment after she was abducted and murdered while he was visiting his newborn twin nieces, it emerged last night.

Friends of Greg Reardon, 27, said that the architect has suffered “an unbearable rollercoaster of emotion” since Joanna was strangled."

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...friend-s-torment-over-visit-to-newborn-nieces
If the L/E are ABSOLUTELY certain that G/R was where he said he was...then I think they owe it to him to make a statement to that effect.....so we can concentrate or more likely suspects. If he is innocent.....none of us wants to be responsible for plunging him further into the depths of despair....but.....if the L/E are not sure...then we continue to include him as a possible suspect.

If they know that he is totally innocent then I am disgusted that they have not had the decency to say so......leaving him as a 'red herring' for people to speculate about (even if this gives their prime suspect a sense of false security) is both cruel and unprofessional of them.

In the news today.

Just listened to the video of J/y s friend, she says she travelled home for Christmas on Sunday, she got a missed callearly sunday morning, message from the police asking her to get in touch, she immediately panicked and rang Jo, Greg answered.

Just wondering if Greg rang Jo when he returned home at 8pm as her phone was in her bag and he would have heard it ringing, he may not have waited until 12 midnight to start ringing, but it might have needed charging, but he had’nt even rang Jo’s best friend to ask if she had heard from Jo, and if she knew where she was.

Another bit of news.

[FONT=&quot]It has also been suggested that because of the side of the road on which Miss Yeates’s body was found on Longwood Lane, the killer is likely to have arrived from the southerly direction of the second route.[/FONT]

I also think the sock was used to handle the boots and bag to put them back in the flat, the pizza box and sock were then disposed of. However I don't think they were burnt (because of drawing attention) or flushed (drains can block and back up) If I had to dispose of something I'd, with my forensically aware gloves on, post the items with my Xmas cards (not to the same address of course) to a ficticious address in Timbuktu, where they would be thrown to the back of a post room, never to be seen again.

In the news today.

Just listened to the video of J/y s friend, she says she travelled home for Christmas on Sunday, she got a missed callearly sunday morning, message from the police asking her to get in touch, she immediately panicked and rang Jo, Greg answered.

Just wondering if Greg rang Jo when he returned home at 8pm as her phone was in her bag and he would have heard it ringing, he may not have waited until 12 midnight to start ringing, but it might have needed charging, but he had’nt even rang Jo’s best friend to ask if she had heard from Jo, and if she knew where she was.

Shouldn't that be "got a missed call early monday morning"? Did she try to phone Jo on Jo's mobile? and Greg picked it up? Surely Jo's mobile would have been with the police? Or did she phone a landline number at the flat?

Rebecca Scott continues to be in today's news (for first reference see above, enzeder at #315 and Luna15 at #359; the article is from This Is Bristol) - the Guardian also features the best friend's tale:

Joanna Yeates's best friend speaks of final phone call
---
Rebecca Scott, who is the last person known to have spoken to Yeates before she vanished from her flat in Clifton, said she knew immediately Yeates must have been abducted and harmed.
---
"I got a call from Jo as she was on her way," Scott said. "It was to arrange our plans for Christmas Eve." The pair planned to spend Christmas with their families in Hampshire and Yeates was going to take her boyfriend, Greg Reardon.
---
"Jo was besotted with Greg and it was great to see that happiness when they moved in together and got the cat. They were perfect."

She dismissed any idea that Yeates may have been romantically involved with anyone else.
---

more at link above

The Telegraph has it too, with a video worth watching:

Joanna Yeates murder: Rebecca Scott speaks of her loss

Not sure why, all of a sudden, RS is in the news - previously I've only seen one print interview with her, from perhaps a week or more ago.

Shouldn't that be "got a missed call early monday morning"? Did she try to phone Jo on Jo's mobile? and Greg picked it up? Surely Jo's mobile would have been with the police? Or did she phone a landline number at the flat?

Yes, she says she phoned Jo's phone, and Greg answered. No, her phone can't have been with the police, she says sunday on the video, but the write up says monday?. Have a look.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...-Conversation-Before-Murder-Of-Architect-In-B

If the L/E are ABSOLUTELY certain that G/R was where he said he was...then I think they owe it to him to make a statement to that effect.....so we can concentrate or more likely suspects. If he is innocent.....none of us wants to be responsible for plunging him further into the depths of despair....but.....if the L/E are not sure...then we continue to include him as a possible suspect.

If they know that he is totally innocent then I am disgusted that they have not had the decency to say so......leaving him as a 'red herring' for people to speculate about (even if this gives their prime suspect a sense of false security) is both cruel and unprofessional of them.

The only thing I can think of is; they are not 100% as to the time of death, perhaps they are not ruling out that he could of done it on Sunday (on his return) or they are not ruling out that he set it up...... I am thinking of that special constable in Wembley, her husband had a rock solid alibi but it emerged that he'd paid someone....... I dont believe either scenarios, just reasoning why the police are not more vocal as to his innocence.

I don't think it's GR at all, I don't think it's a builder from the house next door either. I would say it's a person who can work under pressure, somebody more mature. Somebody knew they had time to think, to get stuff in place. Somebody who's mobile didn't need to be switched off just left at home. A car or the 4x4 was used to select a disposal days before it was needed, a car that would hopefully be gone from the minds of people who did see it in the lane days earlier. IMO Jo was stored in a lock up or shed of a relative or friend who wouldn't be in the place over the time it was used. Unless the person was a suspect in the first few days nobody would be monitoring the comings and goings over the next few days. Jo was moved by somebody 3/4am Xmas day to the quarry enterance. IMO the vehicle was cleaned and put back, having used the 4x4 to possibly find a disposal another may have been used and lined with polythene to avoid contamination or maybe the 4x4 was used. Whoever has done this probably has done similar before and has had time to think on it and get it right (a bit of luck involved too). I still think the flat was staged and GR wasn't familiar enough with Jo's habits, not as much as her mum would be having spent over 20 years cleaning up after her.
I'd bet Jo's boots were found together neatly at the inside of the flat door and her bag on the table...her mum would know her boots would have been next to the couch in a pile, her mobile would be out on the side and her keys flung on the table. Staged I'd say, most definately.
I'd love to see the books that each resident read, that might give a reason that early on the police said 'somebody who was forensically aware'. All my own opinion.
I read somewhere that CJ was a good friend of the local police chief? (anyone else see that?) Just wondered if they all might belong to clifton F/ms?

I read somewhere that CJ was a good friend of the local police chief? (anyone else see that?) Just wondered if they all might belong to clifton F/ms?

I think it's possible a 'pillar of society' and feverent up-holder of the law may have been trusted to be a key holder for people with no close family.

I don't do Masonic, it's too deep for moi.

Those of you who haven't taken a shot at the Slewth Poll (or those of you have and want to vote again to get your money's worth for time spent on this thread!), here it is:

from Slewth, last thread:

What might be useful, or at least keep things fresh at this stage, would be a snapshot of members' views (one line answers only) on such questions as:

1. Who did it?
2. What was the motive?
3. What was the time of death?
4. What happened to the pizza?
5. When was the body was dumped?

It would be interesting to see the extent of agreement - or disagreement!

Also, to those non-WS members watching in (14 guests right now), we welcome you, and welcome you to join us: we need your input.

I'll tally up the Slewth Poll (got five new responses overnight) again around noon (Oklahoma time). The race has tightened up a bit, I see.

And, as always, you all are doing top-notch sleuthing. Everyone who reads here is impressed.

The thing that jumps out at me from what Rebecca had to say, was that she heard from the police that Joanna was missing...... so during the '4 hours' Greg wasn't ringing round her friends then?!

Also I'm confused now. If Joanna was planning to meet her friends later on that night, didn't they wonder where she was?

Also (I can't find it now on the last page or two) about the missing sock in that pizza box. Couldn't those items have been hiding in someone's car? Maybe now they're probably dumped somewhere or anywhere, perhaps in a tip site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654