GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones who spoke to her on the phone and might've texted her. It was the night she was last seen. Did she have a lot of friends? If so did they try contacting her?

I think you mean Rebecca Scott, she was supposed to meet Jo on Xmas eve I think, by then RS was aware of the situation having been told by the police.
The friend of her brothers replied at 9.20pm and didn't get a reply.

I think you mean Rebecca Scott, she was supposed to meet Jo on Xmas eve I think, by then RS was aware of the situation having been told by the police.
The friend of her brothers replied at 9.20pm and didn't get a reply.

Didn't want to quote myself but this was the easiest way to say this.. If Jo was dead by 9.20pm or held against her will when the text came back to her from her brothers friend I wonder if it was read by the person incase it refered to somebody coming to see Jo. if it were then there must have been some relief to hear he was busy at a party. I would be interested to know who did read the message if it was read. IYKWIM

Which begs the question why did they use mobiles. I am not sure where I am going with this but it so strange that friends can go days without answering texts etc. Why....... I love my texts from my friends .... doesnt everyone.

I answer mine asap but I don't have a hectic social life, nor do I work full time. Some friends of mine take ages to return texts, guess we're all different.

I don't think the body was removed to one location and then afterwards moved to final dumping site. One reason is that anybody given more than a day to think about where would be a good location to move it to would think of somewhere better than Longwood Lane.
The dump site appears to be just so rubbish that I can't believe it was thought about for a long time.

Yes I understand that Robin Hood but I have friends that work and have their own businesses and their phones are on vibrate. I always hear within an hour or two but not days.

I don't think the body was removed to one location and then afterwards moved to final dumping site. One reason is that anybody given more than a day to think about where would be a good location to move it to would think of somewhere better than Longwood Lane.
The dump site appears to be just so rubbish that I can't believe it was thought about for a long time.

You may well be right Mr Z but what if they were choosing a better location and they saw the weather changing and thought they might not be able to drive it far in the snow (should it block the roads off). Don't want to be left with it in a place that would be traced back to them.

edited spelling

Mr Z I think Jo,s mum said they threw her aside like garbage, perhaps she was referring the rubbish dump.

Hi new here

I think Robin Hood makes some astute points as do other posters.
A few things though to ponder

When the body was found, did the police take tyre/footprints from the snow, they wont be great quality but important.

For me, the vehicle definitely approached from the south, swung into the entrance, rear of vehicle nearest the gate, and vehicle facing the lane in case a quick getaway needed.This would eliminate the Clifton Bridge.

JY would have fibres from the rear of a vehicle transferred, unless plastic/other sheeting was used, or the vehicle was metal boxed.

After JY had walked from the Ram after a few drinks, calling at 3 shops on a sub zero night, one of the first things she would have done when arriving home, would have been to visit the bathroom - was this where the killer hid when she startled them? I would hope A&S forensics have covered all bases.

As another poster has pointed who did read all the messages sent to JY after 920pm on the 17th?

Another minor snippet, posted somewhere above, I think, but may answer questions for anyone just arriving on-thread and wondering, "So - what's up with the case, police-wise?":

A high-level review of the Jo Yeates murder inquiry could be ordered within days.

So far, Avon and Somerset Police have arrested only one man, whom they later released on bail, leading to some questioning their progress in the high-profile case.

And if the situation continues for another 11 days, a ‘28-day review’ will be held by a senior investigating officer either from within the force - or from outside it.

excellent daily overview + pics at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lation-Jo-secret-lover.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

ETA
And Welcome to WebSleuths, bookmark!

welcome Bookmark Interesting post

Yes who did read the texts sent to Jo after 9.20 on 17th. Furthermore, if you get a text thats not read it shows as missed texts. Had they been read?

welcome Bookmark Interesting post

Yes who did read the texts sent to Jo after 9.20 on 17th. Furthermore, if you get a text thats not read it shows as missed texts. Had they been read?

It seems that Greg had Jo's phone from whenever he found it (in her bag?) on the night of the 20th, probably until the body was found, since when Jo's friend called Jo's phone on the 21st, Greg answered the call.

So I would imagine that Greg read all her texts, in and out- that's just human nature. I believe that the police can establish from the phone company when texts were read, even without possession of the phone.

In organizing vote totals this time around, it was useful to find a term for those included in suspicions cast upon a person or a group of people living nearby JY - lots of posters went with a "x, with the assistance of y" formula, in one way or another (or named an individual other than those questioned by police). Therefore, we perhaps might call them "the coterie" -"a small group of people with shared interests or tastes," or perhaps merely those sharing a common neighborhood.

Also, two votes were split between bf and CAG, with additional speculation about a possible random loner staying at a local hostel, or a half-known local male in JY's vicinity, perhaps in Canynge Road.

Up-to-date assessment of votes from the Slewth Poll:

Question 1

bf....7 (one vote stipulated "with aid of woman")
CAG....1 (total reflects mention by two voters)
CJ and/or "coterie"....6 (inclusive of mentions to "connected to schoolmasters" angle, Carruthers '74 murderer, etc.)
member of Bristol social circle (rowing club perhaps)....1
young male stranger (or variations on this theme)....2

Voting still on, thanks Slewth for the poll:

from Slewth, last thread:

What might be useful, or at least keep things fresh at this stage, would be a snapshot of members' views (one line answers only) on such questions as:

1. Who did it?
2. What was the motive?
3. What was the time of death?
4. What happened to the pizza?
5. When was the body was dumped?

It would be interesting to see the extent of agreement - or disagreement!

A key question for many would appear to be, "Why was the body where it was found, and when was it placed there?"

Hello everyone. I've spent some time reading this and previous threads and thanks to all for being so informative with photos and maps and timelines and so on.

I'm one of those who thinks the current investigation needs to be revisited quickly root and branch by fresh thinking, reviewing the witnesses and evidence, such as it is. I don't think any progress at all has been made towards Ms Yeates's killer.

I still think the flat was staged and GR wasn't familiar enough with Jo's habits, not as much as her mum would be having spent over 20 years cleaning up after her.
I'd bet Jo's boots were found together neatly at the inside of the flat door and her bag on the table...her mum would know her boots would have been next to the couch in a pile, her mobile would be out on the side and her keys flung on the table. Staged I'd say, most definately.

I have to say I think the statement by Jo's parents about the flat is being misinterpreted. Words taken too literally again like the dreaded quarry 'wall' :)

If i recall it went somewhere along the lines 'within half an hour of seeing the state of the flat we knew she had been abducted, "We knew what the flat was like. We know what it's normally like. We know what she does and doesn't do.

As far as i'm aware Jo's parents hadn't been to the flat again since they helped her move in the month (or possibly 2 if it was Oct) Anyone heard any different? If they had visited again since, then I can't say it's more than twice at the very most. The parents live some considerable distance away. That's hardly enough to form an overall view of 'normal' I.M.O.

I actually think the flat was no different to normal, apart from the cat making a mess on the floor, I'm guessing that's the only thing Greg cleared up really. I would say the parents words were spoken during a moment of great anguish and worry. Why did it take them a whole 30 minutes to look round the flat to see it wasn't normal? I think the statement 'we knew she had been abducted' actually meant it was totally out of character for Jo just to dissapear like that and let no one know. She wouldn't go out and just leave the flat open and leave her things behind. Words being taken too literally again and possibly painting an untrue picture?

As time goes by, i'm begining to feel whoever did this is really quite a cold and calculating person. The longer it goes unsolved i'm tending to think the likelyhood of this being anyone already on the radar is slim. Perhaps this is why the Police are really struggling with this one. I'm begining to feel it might not be anyone known to Jo at all. This doesn't make sense, because how would they be able to get Jo away from the flat without a struggle, or get into her flat so easily? Well that's the million dollar question that i'm begining to feel is leading the Police on a wild goose chase. Perhaps it's time for the Police to ''expect the unexpected''

I can't even rule out that there are two perps involved, and he or they are people who haven't even been in the frame before. They haven't been mentioned here, or anywhere. Just my opinion, but the whole thing is shrouded in too much mystery, it doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966