GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to think who the three people might be that C/J said he saw when he was parking his car around 9pm.....then I thought...what if there were no people....what if C/J was being very clever and...having disposed of J/Ys' body got back around 9.45/10pm? By declaring himself a witness...at 9pm...he creates his own alibi. Admittedly this seems to have backfired somewhat...but very clever ploy if correct? Did anyone else see him back at the house by 9pm I wonder?

It's possible she never even got to the flat, they have no hard evidence that she did, just conjecture. And if she didn't get back to the flat, and the perps simply put her stuff back to dupe the Police, then they certainly have fooled them.

Some might question why go to the bother of planting her things back in the flat, It's probably the same reason as why go to the trouble of moving a dead body from the flat?

JMO.

This more than likely could of been the case, ive often thought she may of taken a detour en route home, which would explain why the pizza never made it back home. Maybe she was just grabbed off the street & bundled into a car where somebody held her down by the throat until she stopped screaming, resulting in her death. But the motive was actually rape & never meant to kill her ?? Or are we being too kind to her killer here & just assuming she died by accident ? This murder may well of been pre-meditated & the murderer knew exactly what they were going to do & how they were going to get away with it ??

.....If she did call on anyone on the way home, its clearly possible her end could have been met at anytime after her last sighting on her way home, and not at her flat. .....

Wrote this post before reading the morning news reports about LE being convinced she was killed at her flat. Even so, the calling on someone on the way home could still have happened, and they then walked to her flat. To look at it a few ways, the perp. is either:
1) someone she knew
2) someone she didn't know
If it is someone she knew, they either came to the flat 1) with JY, or 2) after she arrived, 3) waiting when she got there

I would really like to know how they are convinced of that she died in the flat. Surely that would have to be the results of forensic tests just now being finalized, otherwise why make this the news cycle of the day.

I was trying to think who the three people might be that C/J said he saw when he was parking his car around 9pm.....then I thought...what if there were no people....what if C/J was being very clever and...having disposed of J/Ys' body got back around 9.45/10pm? By declaring himself a witness...at 9pm...he creates his own alibi. Admittedly this seems to have backfired somewhat...but very clever ploy if correct? Did anyone else see him back at the house by 9pm I wonder?

Have you seen the neighbours pic's sledging in Bristol ?? LP + PS & friend can be seen here enjoying sledging on his flickr account -

www.flickr.com/lorp

Hi everyone :seeya:

Been following this forum for quite a while and it's head and shoulders above, imo

Would have posted a week ago, but messed up my registration and only just sorted it out. Which is good, really, because during that time, I've been following your analyses and reasoning as before and have continued to be impressed

After all that, I only have a couple of minutes here at the moment, and not sure I've anything of value to add in any case, but maybe the reason LE are persuaded she made it home is because the carrier-bag (provided by the shop) for the pizza was in the flat (minus its contents, it seems). And very probably the carrier-bag for the cider was in the flat too (with the bottles removed, one of them half-consumed, etc.)

I've heard nothing from the media regarding JY's past boyfriends. Or about previous workmates (prior to her moving to Bristol). LE wouldn't reveal such information unless it were believed pertinent, so it's not surprising they've remained an unknown quantity. However, it may be that an ex-lover or even an ex-workmate with a crush on JY could be involved. It may also be that an ex-girlfriend of GR could be involved

Christmas would provide an ideal opportunity for people to head to Bristol. They'd have a few days off, so their absence wouldn't be remarked upon. And they could say they were off to visit friends, attend a party, etc. They might not mention they were even going to Bristol. So those are points to be considered, imo

As to the killer having a sexual motive, I'm not sure I agree. Although jealousy, blind hatred and rage could be construed as being 'sexually motivated', despite there being no overt signs that any form of sexual attack took place. So perhaps that's what the police are hinting at

The DNA recently found, it's alleged, on the body -- this could have been deposited in the form of a 'goodbye kiss' when the body was deposited by the roadside, do you think ?

The fact the body was not mutilated, was not left naked or exposed, was not marked (that we're aware of) inclines me to suspect it was someone who knew and cared about the victim, rather than a random stranger

The location of the body (unless there's some esoteric meaning to the stone adjacent to the body) implies a wish to place distance between the perpetrator and the victim, to my mind. It's not an imaginative location. Seems more like ' This will do '. If the killing had been a contract-hit, or a sex attack gone wrong, etc. then there are far more efficient means of disposal and the police would very probably not even have a body at this stage. For example, the Longwood Lane area alone is filled with pockets of trees, shrubbery, ditches, etc. Then there's the quarry itself. Putting the body in the river would put miles between the victim and the crime. etc. So the location in which the body was discovered indicates to me that the perpetrator just wanted to dump the body as quickly as possible and get away - and not much thought went into it. They could have been intended to drop the body in the quarry, of course, but were unfamiliar with the problems inherent in 'dead weight' (which indicates lack of experience in this sort of crime, which again -- along with many other elements -- appears to rule out a contract hit). Maybe the killer was not physically all that strong

Can see no reason for the killer to return to the flat to deposit the victim's personal effects such as keys, shoes, phone, purse, etc. The body location denotes lack of forethought, so I'm not going to credit the killer with too much cunning at this point

It could be that someone known to the victim either gave her a lift part of the way home. Could have been following her for a day or so. Could have been driven by jealousy (of her or her boyfriend or of the relationship itself - could even have been jealousy/resentment about JY's career path and opportunities, etc.). JY might have hopped out of the vehicle, said 'thanks, would you like to come in for drink ? '. Or -- JY might have said her goodbyes, gone inside the flat, kicked off her boots, gone to the loo, taken a sip or two of cider --- and then realised she'd left the pizza in the vehicle

She might have looked out of the window to see if the car had left. And to her surprise, it was still there. She might have half-laughed and opened the door --- only to find the killer standing there

After that --

(1) JY says, ' Oh !' then nervous laugh. Killer might have made excuse for being there, along the lines of, ' Listen, just wondered if you felt like going for a drink, catch up on old times. We never did really talk about what happened ' (maybe they broke up -- maybe the killer was a woman and JY took her boyfriend, whatever )

(2) JY opens the door and killer is there and JY says, ' Thank goodness you haven't left, lol. I left my dinner in your car '

The killer might have gone to the door to finally do or say as they'd originally intended when they gave JY a lift. But being confronted by JY, they might have lost their nerve. So they go down to the car with JY, chatting away. JY has no boots on - she only intends to be a minute, literally

While JY is leaning into the car to grab the pizza bag, the killer might have impulsively pushed her into the vehicle. JY screams in surprise a couple of times ? Killer gets in with her, intending to have it out (about whatever their problem with JY is). JY could have said along the lines of, ' Listen, get off me. Get away from me, you psycho ! Let me out ! ' (sound of short screams claimed heard by people at party over the road ?)

Killer could have thrust their forearm against JY's throat. To control and/or silence her. A struggle. Killer knows they're in trouble now because JY will report them the minute she gets back to the flat. In panic, killer pushes harder against JY's throat, just to shut her up until they can talk to her, basically. She goes limp. Killer drives off in panic, desperate not to be seen

No sound from JY. Killer continues driving around. Finally stops, checks JY's pulse. Nothing. Panic. Killer finds nearest lay-by and puts the body there, then heads off. Could have been anywhere in the country a few hours later

Wind could have blown the flat door closed, although unlikely or cat might have vanished and GR or other resident would have noticed. So maybe JY left the door 'on the latch' (not sure what that means, actually) when she went down to the car to retrieve her pizza. Or killer could have run back to close the door before taking off in the car with JY's body

Anyway, anyone inclined, please pick the above to bits and discard

It's only a hodge-podge of several things that have occurred to me

Apart from that, I'm highly suspicious of the photos of the parents. So posed, staged. Very strange

The hat, the concealed hands of GR at the flower-laying photo op. Mmm

The 'best friend' and that Avon police video: she gives me the creeps

And before I use up an entire page, will just say there's something unconvincing (imo) about the version about JY's phoning her brother's friend
on the spur of the moment -- after an alleged absence of communication between them of approx. 2 years -- after she'd just left a group of friends -- on the first weekend she'd been separated from GR

We've all been in love. Madly in love, according to the friend (RS). So, if she felt a need to catch up with MW, why not do it when GR's around ? Why, out of the blue and almost as she's passing the very location where MW was at a party, did JY suddenly phone him to say, ' Where are you ? ' ??? Why not, 'Hi ! Guess who ! LOL ! Long time no see ! Just wanted to say Happy Christmas and will be in touch in the New Year '

So until it's conclusively proven that JY and MW had not spoken for two years prior to her call to him, I remain perplexed by the supposed 'randomness' of her choosing to contact him to ask, ' Where are you ' at that particular time and under the circumstances which have been claimed

Sorry for the length of this. Should have posted when I have more time and broken it into chunks

Congratulations again on your fantastic thread and the intelligence of its contributors :)

TulipaNoir - do you have a link please.

If it is proven to be fact that the flat was tidy, then I go back to my Sunday night theory. We were told (for what it's worth) that JY stayed behind to tidy up in readiness for Tuesday's party. If the apartment was found by LE to be tidy, then either

it wasn't messy in the first place (JY might possibly have been using the 'tidying up' thing to get out of going to Sheffield, or for other reasons ?)
or
JY tidied up veeery quickly Friday evening before being murdered Friday evening/early hours Saturday (or being murdered some other time before bf returned)
or
JY tidied up during the weekend and the bf returned Sunday - argued, etc.
or
the perp tidied up

jmo

Try this link http://www.cliftonpeople.co.uk/news/...ail/story.html

This artcle (linked earlier: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...been-stashed-for-a-week-in-her-own-house.html) is particularly interesting to me, as are the questions about who would murder someone that was a random target and then move the body.

If the idea is that she was murdered, fully dressed with no sexual assault and then moved to a different location, I would say it was the boyfriend. That seems like a staging to make it look as though she was murdered somewhere other than her home ... to take the investigation away from home. If the body was stored in the shed and then moved to the other location ... maybe during those 4 hours between the boyfriend returning to the flat and raising the alarm ... then it points to the boyfriend. The circumstances seem to point to the boyfriend, but I'm guessing that there is an alibi through the brother and his family. If it wasn't the boyfriend, it has to be someone else that had reason to want investigators to look at the wrong location ... meaning ... to me ... that the murderer is very close to home.

maybe the reason LE are persuaded she made it home is because the carrier-bag (provided by the shop) for the pizza was in the flat (minus its contents, it seems). And very probably the carrier-bag for the cider was in the flat too (with the bottles removed, one of them half-consumed, etc.)

As it stands there are many things still not confirmed by the LE regarding certain items ie her rucksack that were found back at the flat ?? Was the bottle top in the flat too ??

I've heard nothing from the media regarding JY's past boyfriends. Or about previous workmates (prior to her moving to Bristol). LE wouldn't reveal such information unless it were believed pertinent, so it's not surprising they've remained an unknown quantity. However, it may be that an ex-lover or even an ex-workmate with a crush on JY could be involved. It may also be that an ex-girlfriend of GR could be involved

Yes it definitely would of been nice/helpful if one of JY's so-called ex's were to make a press statement. After all TY did say JY had always remained friends with her ex-boyfriends.

The DNA recently found, it's alleged, on the body -- this could have been deposited in the form of a 'goodbye kiss' when the body was deposited by the roadside, do you think ?

What are you trying to suggest here that it may of been GR or CAG/MW ??

The fact the body was not mutilated, was not left naked or exposed, was not marked (that we're aware of) inclines me to suspect it was someone who knew and cared about the victim, rather than a random stranger

I suppose you could say that, but according to her mother they had tossed her to the roadside like a piece of rubbish.

So the location in which the body was discovered indicates to me that the perpetrator just wanted to dump the body as quickly as possible and get away - and not much thought went into it.

Yes it certainly seems to come across that is exactly what the killer did.

Maybe the killer was not physically all that strong

ie LL or RS for instance ??

It could be that someone known to the victim either gave her a lift part of the way home.

Well it sounds like they have cctv of most of her walk home staggered as she shopped & walked along, so we dont really know ?? But if she did get a lift at some point, we need to know who from.

Apart from that, I'm highly suspicious of the photos of the parents. So posed, staged. Very strange

The hat, the concealed hands of GR at the flower-laying photo op. Mmm

The 'best friend' and that Avon police video: she gives me the creeps

So many things have been so odd i agree, like the way they seemed to of given up hope she would be found alive within hours of her first being reported a missing person.

And before I use up an entire page

You dont say - lol ;)

.....will just say there's something unconvincing (imo) about the version about JY's phoning her brother's friend
on the spur of the moment -- after an alleged absence of communication between them of approx. 2 years -- after she'd just left a group of friends -- on the first weekend she'd been separated from GR

We've all been in love. Madly in love, according to the friend (RS). So, if she felt a need to catch up with MW, why not do it when GR's around ?

This is certainly not normal behaviour of somebody you can trust.

Hi Laserdisc, welcome to Websleuths & great first post btw :)

Perhaps it's just as well we don't know who he is.....don't think I could cope with ANOTHER possible perp!!!!

Maybe we should give this third guy a name USM - Unknown Sledging Mate ??

I think if a place is discovered it will contain some other interesting stuff. I would be looking for a lock up rented for storage. The problem with this is it could be under another name. Bank statements might show payments made in rental. A will might show inheritance of something property wise that's still in another name, a solicitor may be duty bound to tell. I'd also approach accountants working for any suspects, they might know. JMO

Hi Destroyer and thank you

laserdisc10 wrote:

Destroyer responded:

What are you trying to suggest here that it may of been GR or CAG/MW ??

Not suggesting anyone specifically. Merely a suggestion. If the DNA the police claim to have found recently was not obtained from saliva but instead from a piece of lint or flake of skin, for example, then my suggestion would be an incorrect one

Laserdisc10 wrote:

Destroyer responded:

I suppose you could say that, but according to her mother they had tossed her to the roadside like a piece of rubbish.

As parents, many of us would feel and might perhaps say the same thing, although I doubt I'd want to harbour those thoughts myself. I'd feel it robbed my child of dignity and worth and I wouldn't give the killer the satisfaction of hearing me say it

From the observer's point of view though, and with our observation and scrutiny of other crimes which might have been described as 'possibly sexually motivated', we might be of the opinion that the killer's intention was not to rob the victim of dignity or worth. The killer did not defecate or urinate nearby or otherwise demonstrate contempt or hatred for the victim, as far as we're aware. LE have not implied the body was otherwise demeaned - they've not said the clothing was disturbed or that the body was displayed in an undignified pose. It wasn't draped over the fence or large rocks. It wasn't daubed with paint or make-up or otherwise suggestively displayed. Other victims have been subjected to these indignities. This victim was not. It appears the body was placed on the verge of the quarry's turning lane. It might not have been obvious to the killer how close to the actual road they'd placed the body. Certainly they didn't place the body on the road where it could have been run-over by a vehicle. To me, it seems the killer wanted to rid him/herself of the body as quickly as possible and made no real attempt to conceal it. The killer just wanted to get rid of the evidence, imo

''To me, it seems the killer wanted to rid him/herself of the body as quickly as possible and made no real attempt to conceal it. The killer just wanted to get rid of the evidence, imo''

Agreed.

This is consistent with other things I've read ... they were untidy, and the parents knew she was going to tidy up on the weekend. I'm guessing that the flat was still untidy ... or that she had clearly not tidied up as planned.

"Mr Yeates said last night that from the moment he saw his daughter's flat, he believed she had been abducted.

"We had grave concerns based on what was in the flat. We knew she had not gone of her own volition. We came to the conclusion that it was very unlikely that she would have been found alive.

"The state of the flat indicated that she'd been abducted.Jo and Greg were quite untidy and we knew she was planning on tidying up on Saturday.

"On top of that she did not respond to Greg's texts that night and they were both devoted to each other. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-body-of-missing-architect-Joanna-Yeates.html

Then, we have this:

"On the night of December 17, Miss Yeates had been out with work colleagues for a drink at the Ram pub on Park Street, before walking home at 8pm via Waitrose on Clifton Triangle, Bargain Booze and Tesco Express.

She came home with two bottles of cider – one of which was opened and partly drunk – and a Tesco Finest mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto pizza. The pizza has never been found and when Miss Yeates' boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27, returned home from a weekend in Sheffield two days later, she was nowhere to be seen. Fears for her safety escalated as her purse, keys and mobile phone were left in the tidy flat, where there was apparently no sign of a struggle. Her body was found off Longwood Lane, Failand, on Christmas morning, by a couple out walking their dogs. Yesterday morning, forensic officers removed or taped up the number plates of a W-registration silver Chrysler Neon LX, which was parked on Canynge Road about 20m from number 44, then hoisted it onto a tow truck."

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/new...r-society/article-3053291-detail/article.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay