GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems to me that a hypothesis about whodunnit is being turned into a fact on the basis of another hypothesis about the police using the press which is even shakier than the one it is supposed to support.

I agree that various media sources are hinting at GR being the culprit and hinting at his brother being his only alibi, and trying to pressure the brother to "come clean"... But I see no evidence that this comes from the police and I wonder if the journalists don't "know" it's GR because they read it on Websleuths :)

Here is the link, and whatever I think about Mirror journalism, the source of that article can only be the police.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/01/15/police-stop-shielding-killer-of-jo-yeates-115875-22850017/

A light-coloured 4x4 could hold a vital clue in the hunt for whoever killed Joanne Yeates.

The off-roader was seen on December 17, the night she vanished, being driven slowly along the road where her body was eventually found dumped....

... Det Chief Insp Phil Jones, who is leading the murder investigation, said: "We have had a number of reports of cars on Longwood Lane during the late Friday evening and early hours of Saturday morning, including a possibly light coloured 4x4.

Once again, that seems to refer to the Friday night. I hadn't seen it mentioned in relation to Longwood Lane itself, though, only at the entrance to the golf club.

if the somerset and avon police don't use this forum for ideas it could well further hamper their enquiry.
has anyone contacted them about websleuths.com.....
i looked up on line but no email address...just tel no and that of crimestoppers..

re boyfriend...yes, he is left out of the family hugs, whatever family say about him....
yes, hat-wearing does disguise you/your feelings, up to a point...likewise sunglasses...
aren't the family bound to feel that by not being with jo he has let them all down...
almost drawn towards considering him now, i must admit......

Once again, that seems to refer to the Friday night. I hadn't seen it mentioned in relation to Longwood Lane itself, though, only at the entrance to the golf club.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...discovery/article-3081225-detail/article.html

"Caught on CCTV, the driver appeared to notice the key-code operated barriers and hastily did a U-turn before speeding off in the direction of Longwood Lane, which is only about 100 yards away."

So did they get anything on CCTV or was it not working?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...discovery/article-3081225-detail/article.html

"Caught on CCTV, the driver appeared to notice the key-code operated barriers and hastily did a U-turn before speeding off in the direction of Longwood Lane, which is only about 100 yards away."

So did they get anything on CCTV or was it not working?

It says "caught", so the police will have some footage to look at- whether it shows anything worthwhile is another matter, but as I posted before, they could surely figure out the make.

Rossetti

Originally Posted by MMENJBRIT
Hi Rossetti... I believe both sightings have described light colored 4x4. From what I can surmise L/E are deliberately not given any further description, maybe it is part of the Cat and Mouse... sending message to perp or co perp..
So if the police have not given a description of the vehicle seen on Saturday 18th, what is your source for saying it was a light-coloured 4x4?

I have seen no description at all of the vehicle seen on the Saturday.

Rossetti: My bad I thought the sightings were both describing light colored 4x4's ... I guess not so,

There doesn't have to have been deep snow. If the body was placed unobtrusively, say partly behind that rock, then a relatively light fall of snow would have been enough to camouflage it. It doesn't need to have been completely buried in snow.

I'm sorry. But that depth of snow wouldn't hide a dead cat for 8 hours, never mind a dead body for 8 days. Really it's beyond the realms of possibility. The body wasn't hid behind any rock, It was on the verge in clear view, that's why the people who found it were astonished they hadn't seen it earlier. The Police also know exactly where the body was found, that's why there looking for places the body could have been kept too. They can't believe it could have been there over a week either.

Goes to show how easily people read things that aren't there ...

The Friday night car may have been found and eliminated, of course. Maybe someone who went to pick friends up from a party and went to the wrong golf club by mistake - I have done that sort of thing myself :doh:

The police are saying so little in this case that I doubt if they would tell us of anything that had been eliminated from enquiries.

I'm sorry. But that depth of snow wouldn't hide a dead cat for 8 hours, never mind a dead body for 8 days. Really it's beyond the realms of possibility. The body wasn't hid behind any rock, It was on the verge in clear view, that's why the people who found it were astonished they hadn't seen it earlier. The Police also know exactly where the body was found, that's why there looking for places the body could have been kept too. They can't believe it could have been there over a week either.

And yet Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones has stated that "As a result of the findings of the post mortem, we believe that Joanna's body has been in the roadside verge off Longwood Lane, Failand, for several days before being discovered on Christmas morning."

That was my original view, but the fact remains that the police have firmly stated their belief that the body had been at the discovery site for several days, and they saw it exactly as it was when discovered, which we didn't. I wonder if there might be an explanation of the mystery, such as the possibility that it was in or under something, looking like fly-dumped rubbish.

I bet the Police could say there was a body found down any British Street, Country Lane, or footpath in Britain, no matter how busy, remote, or quiet it was. The body of that person was dead for 8 days.

Can you just imagine how many 'strange men' ''suspicious cars' and god knows whatever would be reported to the Police over that space of time. You only had to look what happened to Mr Strange Jefferies. The dirty old perv peeping Tom he ended up after the Kangaroo Court had lynched him. People exagerate, things get distorted. Don't always take these kind of things as crucial sightings, they may be, but if there not, and you become tunnel visioned, your on a wild goose chase.

The body was frozen, that's why they 'believed' the body had been there several days. They made that statement very early on in the investigation. I wonder if they'd quote it again?

I am not as sure as you are. I didn't see it. I don't know whether it was in clear view or not. A little bit of snow can easily disguise something, unless it is of a very distinctive shape or colour (here I am assuming that the body was dressed in neutral coloured clothes). People are not always as observant as they would like to think. Then perhaps some of the snow cover had slipped off, blown by the wind perhaps, making it easier to see.

What I do know is that the police initially said that the body had been there for a few days. I don't recall them saying anything to the contrary since, although I may have missed something.

Yes, I can't even see a reference to its colour.
OK I'll come quietly. I am now unable to find a single reliable source for any detail about the colour or appearance of the Saturday morning car. The confusion has obviously arisen from the fact that the police have referred to reports of the Friday-night light-coloured 4x4 being seen also in the early hours of Saturday morning. But that is not the same sighting as the Saturday morning daytime report of the car going slowly up and down the lane several times.
So we have no information about the latter car apart from its curious movements. Once again, there is something mysterious here. One of the two could be a coincidence, but surely not both.
Could it be that the police in fact received a report about the Friday night car behaving strangely and that the Saturday morning car was an unmarked police vehicle following up that report ? That would account for their being apparently less interested by the car whose behaviour is in fact the more difficult to explain.

Re: Rossetti - 4x4
That was the vehicle seen at the golf club on the Friday night. Not the one seen in Longwood Lane on Saturday morning.

Hi Rossetti... I believe both sightings have described light colored 4x4. From what I can surmise L/E are deliberately not given any further description, maybe it is part of the Cat and Mouse... sending message to perp or co perp..
More ideas coming! I presume that L/E have checked local car hire companies? Just wondered, if G/R felt his car unreliable for the long journey (in case it cut out en route and he couldn't start it again)...what if he hired another vehicle....say a light coloured 4 x 4?...or borrowed one, receipts for petrol, mobile tracking would still be the same? just wondering if, as we are led to believe, conditions were poor to get number plate CCTV on his journey.? Although whose name would he hire a car in? Certainly any company locally would come forward....probably another 'silly scenario'!

'heat of the moment' accidental death Friday eve - panic - drive to relative's home as planned - relate what happened to a trusted one - relative in a dilemma but is convinced to help - return in a vehicle immediately to find a hiding place
either:
over the wall - followed by quick drive-by Christmas morning (by perp or accomplice) to lift body back over the wall to the verge for all to see
or
leaves the body on the verge to be discovered Saturday while supposed to be away (depends on whether one believes snow was sufficient to have covered up the body)

I'd be checking cctv footage of light 4x4 vehicles travelling south down the motorway during the early hours of Saturday, and rounding up the vehicles of any alibis for the cadaver dog.

jmo

I am not as sure as you are. I didn't see it. I don't know whether it was in clear view or not. A little bit of snow can easily disguise something, unless it is of a very distinctive shape or colour (here I am assuming that the body was dressed in neutral coloured clothes). People are not always as observant as they would like to think. Then perhaps some of the snow cover had slipped off, blown by the wind perhaps, making it easier to see.

What I do know is that the police initially said that the body had been there for a few days. I don't recall them saying anything to the contrary since, although I may have missed something.

Well all I can say is if the Police were 100% satisfied the body had been there 8 days, you wouldn't be seeing new developments in the case like this.

THE hunt for the killer of Joanna Yeates took a dramatic twist last night after cops seized plans to the house where the landscape architect lived.

They are now inspecting the drawings of the vast Victorian mansion to see if the murderer might have secretly stashed her body somewhere before dumping it.

A spokesperson at Bristol council confirmed that documents have been taken and are being looked at as part of the investigation.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...been-stashed-for-a-week-in-her-own-house.html

Doesn't that suggest the Police doubt the body was there 8 for days now?

I.M.O this is why the Police haven't captured Chummy earlier. They've been trying to nail him going over the Clifton suspension bridge on the night of the 17th. Too sure were they of that fact they've messed it up big time.

My mistake. Now that I hunt for it I only find it being referred to as a car, not a 4x4.

Source here.

We thus have two cars reported as behaving strangely in the area of the dumping, one a light 4X4 at around 11.20 pm on Friday 17th and this one, also a light-coloured car, otherwise unspecified, the following morning. It is not the same witnesses in each case. And the Saturday morning one was behaving so oddly as to be reported to police before anyone except the murderer knew Joanna was missing, which adds to its interest IMO.
Have to say that if the second car passed by this couple several times and they were concerned enough to report it to police (before Joanna had been reported missing) they surely would have got the reg. number? so it has probably aready been investigated and discounted by L/E...or kept for future evidence?

....and I've already posted that the alibi's place of work has two 4x4 light coloured vehicles parked outside on google maps. I wonder who owns them...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanzzzzz83