GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he touched the packaging or box that doesnt neccessarily put him in the flat on Friday night after all he could have just placed it in fridge when he came back on Sunday night

Now if the pizza had been eaten/shared that would have meant DNA discovery for LE (and would put perp in the flat after 8 40)- DNA from the person responsible. Maybe the cider was left as it had not been touched for the reason that someone was driving?????

I dont think he could be absolutely sure that the alarm wouldn't be raised before then (Sunday) he needed rid of it before he returned. jmo of course.

Hi bookmark

My feeling is that he removed the pizza on the friday night as he didnt know the body wouldnt be discovered until much later on. ie If someone found the body on Saturday his prints would be on the pizza box when of course he was supposed to be in Sheffield (or at least on his way)

Hi Pipkins

Good point! Exactly!

So therefore how does he get the body into a ford Ka without risk of being noticed? Obviously he would have been in panic mode, adrenalin rushing but big risk being taken moving the body to the car at that time on a Friday evening albeit a relatively short distance???

Hi Pipkins

Good point! Exactly!

So therefore how does he get the body into a ford Ka without risk of being noticed? Obviously he would have been in panic mode, adrenalin rushing but big risk being taken moving the body to the car at that time on a Friday evening albeit a relatively short distance???

Are we certain that GR drove a Ford KA ?? These dont even have back doors ?? I cant picture it to be honest.

Hi Pipkins

Good point! Exactly!

My theory is that Jo was killed in the car bookmark - he got home after deciding to turn back - they decide to nip in car to get some alcohol maybe takeaway...argument....Jo dies...body is dumped almost straight away. All he needs to do is get rid of pizza which is the only thing that can incrimate him. His dna is everywhere anyway

I found this info which may be interesting to you - Its basically asking how you can tell if someones been strangled

Ligature strangulation = furrow, or ligature mark on the skin, usually bruising of the soft tissue of the anterior neck structure. Very rarely is hyoid or larynx fractured. I had one case with no ligature mark, but broken thyroid rami of the larynx (story was told by another victim that survived, the ligature was a broad scarf, cinched up to the headrest).Manual strangulation = finger and/or fingernail marks on skin of neck. If not from the perpetrator, then from the deceased person trying to pry their hands away. More likely to find fractured hyoid bone, or thyroid rami of the larynx. Be advised that these structures are almost all cartilage in the young (less than ~30 years of age) and usually won't fracture, but there would be soft tissue hemorrhage.

Petechial hemorrhage in the eyes is pretty non-specific, but can be seen. In strangulation, more frequently it is actually scleral hemorrhage (bigger, entire quadrant of the eye), and you are more likely to see petechial hemorrhage of the skin above the strangulation (face/inside of scalp).
Source(s):
I had a case just like this more than 20 years ago, when I was in training. The docs missed it, even though she was in hospital 3 days. When the ligature was removed, she had rebound hemorrhagic stroke, they did not ever see the really nice ligature mark on her neck. She was found wandering nude, they assumed cocaine, with stroke.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101122100617AA5HS6A

My theory is that Jo was killed in the car bookmark - he got home after deciding to turn back - they decide to nip in car to get some alcohol maybe takeaway...argument....Jo dies...body is dumped almost straight away. All he needs to do is get rid of pizza which is the only thing that can incrimate him. His dna is everywhere anyway

And the Cider?? She went to the car without boots on? And the police are convinced she returned home??

More likely he returned to the flat but the moving of the body is the risky part??

And the Cider?? She went to the car without boots on? And the police are convinced she returned home??

More likely he returned to the flat but the moving of the body is the risky part??

Did he ever touch the cider? Who knows she didnt wear boots? How many pairs did she have? Why leave the keys and her phone ? Because she didnt need them as he was driving?

Yes I think she returned home too - only for her and Greg to nip out and get booze/food

Are we certain that GR drove a Ford KA ?? These dont even have back doors ?? I cant picture it to be honest.

I drive a Ka, the back seat folds down, plenty of room to lay a body.... you could even lay the passenger seat back and that would give you enough space....

sorry to be so graphic.

Did he ever touch the cider? Who knows she didnt wear boots? How many pairs did she have? Why leave the keys and her phone ? Because she didnt need them as he was driving?

Yes I think she returned home too - only for her and Greg to nip out and get booze/food

So why would Greg nip out with JY to get booze and then drive to sheffield???

Hello, I've been following this case from half way around the world since Dec 27th and have been relying on BBC for information they've gone silent as equationgirl mentioned in her post and LE are lying low.
I wonder why I am still fixated on GR, even after LE claim he is only a suspect. Surely that should be a strong enough indicator that he's not the murderer.
Why then must my thoughts persist?

I would be grateful if any of you could give me an opinion on my queries below:

If Jo were so 'besotted' with her boyfriend would she not have wanted to talk to him or at least text him over the weekend? We all know from the night of Dec17th, she was perfectly capable of utilising her cell phone, and why did she not want to go with GR for the weekend to visit his family for an important event ie. the Christening? If she were really intent on having a quiet weekend, she would not have felt 'at loose ends' as one of her mates suggested, nor would she have invited someone over (rather a friendly and short text for someone she hadn't seen in 18 months, don't you think)?

Why were JY's keys in her purse? I always leave mine on a table by the door for easy access.

Why did GR' feel compelled to adamantly defend Chris Jefferies' treatment by the press after his release from police custody?

Why did Rebecca defend GR and JY's relationship in her interview to the press?

I would assume the police knew pretty well the exact time of death after the post-mortem results. Was there any sign of decomposition? Does anyone know if a frozen body can impede detection of rigor mortis which evidently leaves the body at 72 hours after death?

Why have the police not told us if pizza was found in her stomach, or not? We can't really speculate on the pizza and its box if we don't know if she ate any,can we, but did LE say they say specifically they were looking for the pizza or the pizza box?

Could GR have panicked and put the body in the boot of his car or covered it up on the back seat before he left for Sheffield?

Did he really get back to the flat on Sunday at 8pm or was he driving around trying to figure out his next move ie. where to dump the body, and fabricate his alibi.

Why didn't he call her best friend or other friends to see if they had heard from JY (or did he and I missed this point) over the weekend before he called her family?

Why did the half-brother not tell the press outright that GR's alibi was tight because the times jived, instead of simply saying he had given a statement to the police and thought it better not to make further comments?

Did GR and JY have a unresolved tiff during their lunch date, and did he come back that night because he wanted to know what she was up to? Perhaps he was in the flat when she returned and another argument ensued when she told him she'd invited a bloke over and he might be arriving any minute.

Did GR and JY communicate via phone/text at any time after lunch and before his departure at 7pm?

Why didn't he join JY and their workmates for a quick drink at the pub before his departure?

Any insight into the above would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Enqueteur,
There are sadly no good answers to these questions.

There is on the other hand, no realistic evidence that they argued or had a bust up.

One can only conclude that JY didn't get on with GR's brother or family members attending.

But for Greg not to call round asking where she was is difficult to fathom. Sadly, this also fits with a body removal and storage narrative.

The body could have been kept in his boot whilst in Sheffield.

Its not looking good for Greg.

So why would Greg nip out with JY to get booze and then drive to sheffield???

because now he had no choice to go to Sheffield - He originally started off approx 7pm after getting jumpstarted by neighbours. That night the weather was so bad he probably decided to turn back and maybe surprise Jo by not going. Afterall it was their last day of work, she had been drinking and maybe unhappy at him driving there in the first place (the weather conditions were awful) They may have had a tiff over lunch and he wanted to make up?

I know Im so one way tracked but everything I know just fits! I know I could be sooo sooo wrong but in reality it is so simple I am blinkered

What is the possibilty of sitting a body upright in a front seat then fastening the seat belt and driving off in the night unnoticed by other drivers or pedestrians??? after all this has been done before and would also explain why no fibre transfer in boot of vehicle?

because now he had no choice to go to Sheffield - He originally started off approx 7m after getting jumpstarted by neighbours. That night the weather was so bad he probably decided to turn back and maybe surprise Jo by not going. Afterall it was their last day of work, she had been drinking and maybe unhappy at him driving there in the first place (the weather conditions were awful) They may have had a tiff over lunch and he wanted to make up?

I know Im so one way tracked but everything I know just fits! I know I could be sooo sooo wrong but in reality it is so simple I am blinkered

I agree with you I feel he must have come back and something happened. Everything seems to point at GR for me and has done from day one!!

What is the possibilty of sitting a body upright in a front seat then fastening the seat belt and driving off in the night unnoticed by other drivers or pedestrians??? after all this has been done before and would also explain why no fibre transfer in boot of vehicle?

weird!! I've just been trying to google a case of someone who did just that! UK sleuthers may remember the case of Michael Shorey (boyfriend of Eastenders actress Sandy Ratcliffe/played Sue Osman in very first episode) he killed two woman and drove round with one of the in the front seat..... horrible, horrible case, and she gave him an alibi! cant find any details of the offence but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Ratcliff

Jo is already sat up with her seatbelt done up - this is why I think the body was dumped in haste -

For me I still have strong reservations regarding RS especially after seeing her interview.

I believe her interview was sought by the Police for publication because they believe the killer knows her well and might have buckled under his conscience.

I think it was probably very hard for her to do. She was quite brave.

I believe her interview was sought by the Police for publication because they believe the killer knows her well and might have buckled under his conscience.

I think it was probably very hard for her to do. She was quite brave.

I also think that there was a message there too for someones conscience ... That Jo wasnt seeing anyone else' Which 'someone' may have assumed when they saw the message that Jo had sent to JW ?

Jo is already sat up with her seatbelt done up - this is why I think the body was dumped in haste -

I would very much like to know if that surfboard in the hall had a cover!!

malibu-surfboard-bag.png

Could those who believe the perpetrator is GR (the victims boyfriend) kindly list their supporting evidence.
Does anyone know if he has been subjected to the long police interviews the landlord was?

I'm comfortable with the fact GR is under suspicion because he is the boyfriend. All investigations start with those closest to the victim.
But aside from that I haven't seen much that would incriminate him.

So, what do you have to convince me GR should be in the 'frame.'

G/R is being treated as a witness Myserty64, if he was on his way to Sheffield on Fri 17th at 7pm, and did'nt arrive back until 8pm on Sunday 19th, and he did'nt return in between time, then he could not have committed the crime.

The police will have checked his time, and will collect information from cctv and receipts to check that he is telling the truth, they might still be waiting for some of the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95