GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that there was a message there too for someones conscience ... That Jo wasnt seeing anyone else' Which 'someone' may have assumed when they saw the message that Jo had sent to JW ?

100% totally agree. These things are stage managed by the Police.

I would very much like to know if that surfboard in the hall had a cover!!

malibu-surfboard-bag.png

My son is a surfer and believe it quite the norm to have covers on them but doubt whether it could hide a body as the depth is a matter of inches

Posting Jo's Time line again for any new people that have joined, they may find it useful.

Jo’s Time line Friday 17th December 2010

12.30 pm. Jo met B/F for lunch. Lunch was 20 minutes.

6.00 pm. Jo left work with colleagues for drink in the Ram pub.

8.00 pm. Jo left the Ram pub

8.10 pm. Jo was seen on cctv at Waitrose supermarket.

8.20 pm. Jo text Matthew Wood to ask. Where are you, do you fancy
a drink?. Matthew Wood was at a Christmas party.

8.24 pm. Jo visited Bargainbooze, bought 2 bottles of cider.

8.30 pm. Jo rang best friend Rebecca Scott. To arrange to meet up
Christmas eve.

8.40 pm. Jo bought pizza at Tesco Express. (which is about a quarter
of a mile from her flat.

[FONT=&quot]9.20pm [/FONT]Matthew Wood texted back. but there was no reply.

My son is a surfer and believe it quite the norm to have covers on them but doubt whether it could hide a body as the depth is a matter of inches

sleeping bag? carried like a sack over shoulder?...... again, sincere apols for being so graphic.

100% totally agree. These things are stage managed by the Police.

yes the parents put out a message to that effect also Scotty. (edit : I mean that she wasnt seeing anyone else) I also think you can tell a lot by his choice of words too and wouldnt be surprised if she had wanted to break up with him...as he says in a statement they had moved to the 'better' part of Bristol and things were looking up for them

Whether Im reading in between the lines here too the parents said this as part of their statement

Our thoughts and emotions are solely with Jo. We really have little feeling for other things which may be happening. We have no doubt that this will change in the future.

‘We are certain Jo’s killer will be caught. Jo was taken from us – the method only intensified our grief
.’

sleeping bag? carried like a sack over shoulder?...... again, sincere apols for being so graphic.

still think she was dumped straight from the car ( told you I was stubborn ;o)

Re: Mikey Mot
Re:

mikeymot

MikeyMot's original post
Time out....and a thought to unite
Just thought it might be a good time....to take some 'time out'. I have never joined a group like W/S before....apart from various puzzle forums...nothing quite so serious. There are those who would criticise all of us...as nutty, nosey, gossiping, malicious, cruel etc., etc.,
BUT, unlike the facebooks, twitters, 'silly posting' sites...I really believe that EVERYONE on this site is, ultimately, trying very, very hard to get to the bottom of what happened to Joanna...without prejudice. I believe that everyone on here is posting serious...well thought out...theories in an attempt to find out who took this lovely young ladies' life. 'Theories' because that is all we can offer....we are not privvy (and no, I don't believe we should be) to every fact in this case but.....still...we sift through...and through again...what we have. Maybe we will make a difference...maybe we are all way out...I don't know. What I do know is..friends of mine lost a wonderful daughter..younger than Joanna...but just as beautiful, innocent and lusting for the life ahead of her. They, like Joannas' parents, were very ordinary, lovely, genuine parents...for that, in their eyes, was their greatest achievement. But now, older than their years...they cope (God, don't ask me how)...but they continue with what is left of their lives. They care for their parents...they work hard...they share the joy of their other children....and their grandchildren...BUT...AND IT IS A GINORMOUS BUT....their hearts bleed...forever..for that girl that went out and never returned. I am so proud of them both (although they wouldn't take kindly to hearing that)..they pursued her movements...they persuaded police to take them seriously that their daughter was missing (which is not easy...so makes our current case more perplexing) her of a killer had killed more and turned out to be a serial killer but....he was caught (too late in my book) but, partly due to their tenacity and total dedication to their beloved child.
So....that is probably the main reason I am here...and will stay here..until Joannas' parents have the answers they both want....and deserve.

To all of you...I am honoured to be part of such a dedicated and determined 'bunch'...we are all joined...for whatever reason...in a quest for justice and truth here....sadly..even something the wonderful L/E do not share..we are a 'family' out to hunt the perp down....but with methodical, fair and hopefully, successful reasoning. I thank you all for your efforts...just wish there had been a site like this for my pals' wonderful kid.

Hi MikeyM0t...nice words and agree the individuals on this site are extremely kind and detailed in trying to leave no stone unturned. I am very impressed to say the least. I have never 'blogged' before, never had a face book account or anything similar so I cannot believe how many similar minds have come together in Joanna's memory and to assist in bringing justice to whomever took her life. The only way I think we could improve this is to meet in Clifton and walking the walk.. However having said that, OTTO's and Philb's maps make me feel I am there.

So, we carry on....excuse my ramblings...but sometimes adds a little more 'human content' than just a username. Good luck to us all...and let's see what we can do to bring this to a truthful, successful conclusion that we are all proud to have been a part of.

“It is quite possible that the person who murdered Jo has been behaving oddly and that has not been passed on to the team.

“The killer may also have insisted they are innocent and begged for help in getting *eliminated.
“Often close friends or relatives simply cannot believe this person could be guilty and agree to give them an alibi. Even a few minutes can make all the difference.”

eliminated? means to me that this person is known to them and only an alibi given is covering them. As I said yesterday criminals can quite easily persuade someone eg " What time did I get here last night" ? " No it was much earlier than that remember?" Often the person is so much respected to them that they think they are doing the police a favour by giving a wrong time the person arrived so to elimate him from their enquiries to save them time and finding the real (as they think) killer

To Otto:

Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in for a plan of the house.

Just thought I'd point this out to you. Someone put a link on the previous thread (can't quote it).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51....1.459892,-2.624088&spn=0.000299,0.000915&z=21

If you go to the link, click on the green arrow, a cloud will come up with the option to 'streetview'. You then go to the front of the house. If you zoom into Joanna's flat, you can clearly see a dining table with chairs.

So I am wondering if the dining area could be part of the living room, sort of an open plan?

Edit: oops just realised I am looking at the first floor (the flat above).

Re: Mikey Mot
Re:

mikeymot

MikeyMot's original post
Time out....and a thought to unite
Just thought it might be a good time....to take some 'time out'. I have never joined a group like W/S before....apart from various puzzle forums...nothing quite so serious. There are those who would criticise all of us...as nutty, nosey, gossiping, malicious, cruel etc., etc.,
BUT, unlike the facebooks, twitters, 'silly posting' sites...I really believe that EVERYONE on this site is, ultimately, trying very, very hard to get to the bottom of what happened to Joanna...without prejudice. I believe that everyone on here is posting serious...well thought out...theories in an attempt to find out who took this lovely young ladies' life. 'Theories' because that is all we can offer....we are not privvy (and no, I don't believe we should be) to every fact in this case but.....still...we sift through...and through again...what we have. Maybe we will make a difference...maybe we are all way out...I don't know. What I do know is..friends of mine lost a wonderful daughter..younger than Joanna...but just as beautiful, innocent and lusting for the life ahead of her. They, like Joannas' parents, were very ordinary, lovely, genuine parents...for that, in their eyes, was their greatest achievement. But now, older than their years...they cope (God, don't ask me how)...but they continue with what is left of their lives. They care for their parents...they work hard...they share the joy of their other children....and their grandchildren...BUT...AND IT IS A GINORMOUS BUT....their hearts bleed...forever..for that girl that went out and never returned. I am so proud of them both (although they wouldn't take kindly to hearing that)..they pursued her movements...they persuaded police to take them seriously that their daughter was missing (which is not easy...so makes our current case more perplexing) her of a killer had killed more and turned out to be a serial killer but....he was caught (too late in my book) but, partly due to their tenacity and total dedication to their beloved child.
So....that is probably the main reason I am here...and will stay here..until Joannas' parents have the answers they both want....and deserve.

To all of you...I am honoured to be part of such a dedicated and determined 'bunch'...we are all joined...for whatever reason...in a quest for justice and truth here....sadly..even something the wonderful L/E do not share..we are a 'family' out to hunt the perp down....but with methodical, fair and hopefully, successful reasoning. I thank you all for your efforts...just wish there had been a site like this for my pals' wonderful kid.

Hi MikeyM0t...nice words and agree the individuals on this site are extremely kind and detailed in trying to leave no stone unturned. I am very impressed to say the least. I have never 'blogged' before, never had a face book account or anything similar so I cannot believe how many similar minds have come together in Joanna's memory and to assist in bringing justice to whomever took her life. The only way I think we could improve this is to meet in Clifton and walking the walk.. However having said that, OTTO's and Philb's maps make me feel I am there.

So, we carry on....excuse my ramblings...but sometimes adds a little more 'human content' than just a username. Good luck to us all...and let's see what we can do to bring this to a truthful, successful conclusion that we are all proud to have been a part of.

So very very sorry to read about your friends who lost their dear little daughter MMENJBRIT, it has got to be the worst thing that can happen in any family, it can never be repaired, it is a life sentence for all the family, there won't be a day goes by without a thought for this little girl.

I would'nt be surprised if the police check through these forums, people do give up a lot of their time looking for clues, finding maps, adding idea's to how a crime might have been committed.
Every morning I think there may be some new leads, or an arrest, hope it comes soon. :seeya:

Every morning I think there may be some new leads, or an arrest, hope it comes soon.

Hopefully this week whitedove if the report on the DNA samples is true.

If the DNA evidence goes pear shaped this case is in very a very,very long haul.
JMHO

I would'nt be surprised if the police check through these forums, people do give up a lot of their time looking for clues, finding maps, adding idea's to how a crime might have been committed.

Let's be honest though - in this case people are largely using their time trying to find out things the police already know.

I can't recall a case in which so little information has been divulged to the public. Not that that's a criticism, merely an observation. I am sure there is good reason.

Hello, I've been following this case from half way around the world since Dec 27th and have been relying on BBC for information they've gone silent as equationgirl mentioned in her post and LE are lying low.
I wonder why I am still fixated on GR, even after LE claim he is only a suspect. Surely that should be a strong enough indicator that he's not the murderer.
Why then must my thoughts persist?

I would be grateful if any of you could give me an opinion on my queries below:

<snipped for space>

Any insight into the above would be greatly appreciated.

I tend to agree ... the boyfriend is still in my radar, even though he is a witness and not a suspect. Not only is the weekend without contact seemingly overlooked by the boyfriend when he returns to find her away, but a fully clothed victim, no sexual assault, and body in remote location also makes me think the boyfriend. Additionally, the police search for a hiding spot near the flat suggests someone close to home, possibly the boyfriend that waited 4 hours until after midnight before contacting police.

Defending a suspect, even though it is the landlord, seems very unusual for someone that was away for the weekened and who could not know whether the landlord was involved.

Rigor mortis, as far as I understand, settles in and then leaves within about 24-48 hours. The process is slower in cold temperatures. If the temp was below freezing the whole time, there probably wasn't any decomposition ... and the brother did say that she looked like she was sleeping.

Last thing I read about stomach contents was that police could not tell if she had eaten the pizza and were going to do more tests. That could mean one of two things ... she didn't eat it, or too much time passed between eating it and being murdered. I understand they are looking for the box and wrapping for the uncooked pizza.

I doubt the boyfriend would have taken the body in the car, but it is possible he put her somewhere around the property ... like a back shed. I guess police were looking into that recently. Since there was no real decomposition, it does seem likely that she was outside in the cold the entire time.

I think it's possible that he returned to the Bristol flat at 8 PM Sunday, but if he was involved, he still had 4 hours to look after things. I think the arrival time in Sheffield is also fuzzy as the roads were a bit snowy, and this could impact travel time. If he left Bristol at 7:30 or 8, and drove slowly, his timeline could still place him in Bristol at the time of the murder ... although not to many young, athletic, single guys drive slowly even in the snow, so he should have arrived in Sheffield in record time.

Good questions about why he didn't call friends when he returned home and she was away. Obviously he didn't phone her when he got home ... because he would have heard her phone ringing in the next room. Why did it take him until after midnight to contact anyone, including Joanna ... or did he try phoning her and make nothing of the fact that her bag, keys, and cell phone were all in the flat?

Good question about why the boyfriend didn't stop for a short time after work at the Ram Pub ... if he had packed up the night before, driven to work, and stopped at the pub, his timeline of leaving around 7 or 8 PM would be the same.

Been reading this case and noticed we have a lot of new members here and I just wanted to say Welcome to all of you, glad your here!

:wagon:

To Otto:

Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in for a plan of the house.

Just thought I'd point this out to you. Someone put a link on the previous thread (can't quote it).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51....1.459892,-2.624088&spn=0.000299,0.000915&z=21

If you go to the link, click on the green arrow, a cloud will come up with the option to 'streetview'. You then go to the front of the house. If you zoom into Joanna's flat, you can clearly see a dining table with chairs.

So I am wondering if the dining area could be part of the living room, sort of an open plan?

Edit: oops just realised I am looking at the first floor (the flat above).

From the rental ad, there appears to be a separate dining area. It could be towards the front of the flat, although I put it across from the kitchen and open to the living area. I still have to add the patio area in the front, but this is the layout so far. The kitchen window was a crucial clue in this layout, and then everything else is arranged from there. If we get more info, I'll add more details.

YeatesFloorplan3d.jpg

Well done, Otto :)

Just popping in for a moment to suggest (without wanting to cast suspicion on people) that it's to be hoped LE have learned if JY and GR had the locks changed when they moved in. If not and some previous tenant or even a friend etc. of a previous tenant had retained keys and believed JY and GR had gone away that weekend, it might be that JY interrupted a robbery. It's something that occurred to me from the start and I mentioned it another forum, early in the case

From post 510, thread 5

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/EqOFurheX4w/Key+Scenes+Jo+Yeates+Murder+Case/hgiZ7MEOX9o

See the plastic drum adjacent to the wood shed. It appears to collect rainwater from the shed or somewhere else. It has an outlet on the bottom but the top would be about 18-24" and removable by hand. Typical sizes are 35 and 55 gallons -hard to tell from picture - could be a lensing effect. I wonder is this was checked out during forensic examinations.

From post 510, thread 5

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/EqOFurheX4w/Key+Scenes+Jo+Yeates+Murder+Case/hgiZ7MEOX9o

See the plastic drum adjacent to the wood shed. It appears to collect rainwater from the shed or somewhere else. It has an outlet on the bottom but the top would be about 18-24" and removable by hand. Typical sizes are 35 and 55 gallons -hard to tell from picture - could be a lensing effect. I wonder is this was checked out during forensic examinations.

We haven't been told a time of death ... and much as I prefer not to think about it, I suppose it's also possible that she was abducted and kept alive for a couple of day.

The plastic drum is a good possibility, but if there was any water in it, it too could have been frozen .. limiting the space in the drum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ