GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion but I don't see how the Police releasing his statement that he had consensual sex with her would freak him out.
Because he would know the game was very close to being up. Essentially the police were insinuating sexual assault by releasing that information.

Imo, rape is difficult enough to prove in cases when the victim can speak...
Not sure how rape can be proven in this case unless she was found with clothing torn, bruising, etc...
I don't think it can just be assumed he raped her. I think there has to be evidence of each element of the crime.

This is just a thought.. I've been thinking hard what would have caused this lovely girl to accompany him outside the club... Going by the rumours that he had been speaking to her on a few occasions before.

Is it likely that from the few times he met/spoke to her and that he had the knowledge that she was a nurse that he played on that fact and perhaps lured her to the car by pretending to have a sick friend/family member in the car or at his flat a few moments away? That's the only reason I can see for her to leave the club without telling her friends as she would have thought she would be back very soon? Nurses, Doctors etc tend to act spontaneously because of their nature of work and caring personality?

Of course JMO and nobody can rule anything out. Her drink being spiked is also possible. She could have been feeling sorry for him, whatever story he fed her but also it seems likely that her friends could see him differently...

Just a thought.. Poor poor girl...

The CCTV of her leaving the club with him was shown on Irish TV last night, she had her arms folded and he seemed to point ahead at something. I have a gut feeling he fed her some sob story about his coma etc in order for her to feel sorry for him.

I understand why prosecutors might want to keep charges clear and simple, but if a suspect has admitted to having sex with a person police believe he then went on to murder, I would have hoped there'd be grounds for an additional rape charge.

I worry about this because I'm thinking ahead; convicted killers do regularly get released and if there's no sex offences on their records they don't get put on a sex offenders' register.

This is just a thought.. I've been thinking hard what would have caused this lovely girl to accompany him outside the club... Going by the rumours that he had been speaking to her on a few occasions before.

Is it likely that from the few times he met/spoke to her and that he had the knowledge that she was a nurse that he played on that fact and perhaps lured her to the car by pretending to have a sick friend/family member in the car or at his flat a few moments away? That's the only reason I can see for her to leave the club without telling her friends as she would have thought she would be back very soon? Nurses, Doctors etc tend to act spontaneously because of their nature of work and caring personality?
No chance, there is an Accident and Emergency literally right across the road from the nightclub.

I do think she went willingly with him for some reason - it doesn't matter why she went with him - what happened next is what really matters.

The CCTV of her leaving the club with him was shown on Irish TV last night, she had her arms folded and he seemed to point ahead at something. I have a gut feeling he fed her some sob story about his coma etc in order for her to feel sorry for him.

Is it online anywhere do you know?

Imo, rape is difficult enough to prove in cases when the victim can speak...
Not sure how rape can be proven in this case unless she was found with clothing torn, bruising, etc...
I don't think it can just be assumed he raped her. I think there has to be evidence of each element of the crime.

People have been convicted of rape and murder before, take the Meagher case Adrian Bayley was convicted of both the rape and murder of Jill Meagher.

Sorry for ranting but I wish the media would leave Karen's parents and brothers alone to grieve privately. Seeing the photos of them distraught in articles online and in the newspapers is very unpleasant, inappropriate and unnecessary.

The CCTV of her leaving the club with him was shown on Irish TV last night, she had her arms folded and he seemed to point ahead at something.
What was this on? I very much want to see it!

People have been convicted of rape and murder before, take the Meagher case Adrian Bayley was convicted of both the rape and murder of Jill Meagher.

Yes I know...just saying there must have been evidence of rape, Imo. Injuries, etc...not indicating consensual acts.

I wonder if he has any scratches, etc...

Is it online anywhere do you know?

Not that I can find but this is the best description of what is on it.

the CCTV footage from outside the club, Pacteau can be seen making his way across the road from the club.

"Karen follows him and they make their way along Dumbarton Road and out of view of cameras. Pacteau has told police they went to his car parked in nearby Church Street and he drove her to his home from there.

Kerr said: “As far as I’m aware she hasn’t been in his company for a considerable amount of time.

"From what we can see, she does not seem under duress. There are no signs of a struggle or reluctance on her part to leave the club.

"However, that does not mean something untoward has not happened to her at a later stage."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/karen-buckley-missing-mum-man-5521604

http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10408368/ I can watch this in UK but dunno if it can be viewed everywhere.

Thanks for your link yeah I can view it ok as well I couldn't on my ipad. You have to watch a couple of adverts first but it does play. Karen is walking close right beside him and doesn't appear alarmed or distressed. It is extremely sad watching it knowing she is no longer with us and she likely didn't know the danger she was in.

From that clip I wouldn't say she was walking behind him at all. They look as if they are together, almost abreast and walking quite briskly. She seems to be trying to keep up with him as though he has a longer stride.

If you can view the above link on rte player the cctv footage is 2 minutes in. At first she seems to be walking slightly behind him but then they are walking side by side, it is only a few seconds but she seems to be walking along willingly and not falling all over the place drunk/spiked. It looks like they are walking quickly but the cctv is sped up. I think her arms are folded because she was cold.

Even though it just looks like two people walking down the road normally it is creepy as hell to watch.

It seems she knew him in the past from what I can gather and maybe her friends disapproved of him and she thought she was going with him for a short time so she didn't feel the need to tell her friends .... poor girl

It seems she knew him in the past from what I can gather and maybe her friends disapproved of him and she thought she was going with him for a short time so she didn't feel the need to tell her friends .... poor girl

It has been suggested by some people online that Karen might have met him from his treatment for his car accident but I don't know if that is true. Maybe he knew her through a friend or online or they had seen each other around in clubs.I am sure all of us have questions about how this happened maybe we will never know why Karen left the club with him without telling her friends and without her jacket.

Thank you for the link! It's not allowing me to watch it on
my iPad or iPhone! On what method were yous able to view it ?

It only works on my macbook I couldn't watch it on my iPad or iPhone either it must be a flash video that doesn't work with iPhones or Ipads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly