GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Daily Mail article is correct about her on cctv in Dorchester Avenue. No other media outlet says that nor have the Police.

Can't find any other reports about this alleged body, usually someone would tweet something by now.

Yes just found that now.

A missing student who vanished from a nightclub after telling friends she was going to the toilet was last seen on CCTV leaving a man's flat to walk home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toilet-desperate-come-home.html#ixzz3XJXzcufn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, if that is true, surely the same cctv will show if any occupants of the flat left shortly afterwards too.

I wonder if she "escaped" rather than left, or left after something had gone wrong, or been said in anger ...... and the situation escalated from there. The whole scenario just seems odd - why would you tell your friends you are going to the toilet, then just leave without letting anyone know. Did it really happen like that?

This is so awful, the photos of the police searches, areas cordoned off and so on are making me feel physically sick. Its so soon after the horrific murder in Australia, to hear of another young lady go missing in suspicious circumstances.

Maybe she couldn't find her friends in the club to tell them she was leaving. She was active on social media, and she may have thought she'd just post a tweet or whatever later to let her friends know she was okay.

I don't think that Daily Mail article is correct about her on cctv in Dorchester Avenue. No other media outlet says that nor have the Police.

Can't find any other reports about this alleged body, usually someone would tweet something by now.

I agree, didn't see mention of how or who saw her leave before this. I think DM have got it wrong. And the latter, I haven't seen anything on twitter either.

Here is the link to the Map I made again. Click the icons for details and pics. Think I got everything on there now. Pls, let me know if I miss anything! TIA

It is said that she left the flat at around 4am and was planning to walk home to her flat in Hill Street - according to the Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...dent-karen-buckley-sanctuary-nightclub-police

And Sky are reporting: Officers tracked down the man, who told them Ms Buckley left his home in Dorchester Avenue at around 4am.

She has not been heard from since. http://news.sky.com/story/1464666/missing-student-left-mans-home-in-early-hours

Having read all these different accounts (and unless the police confirm she was actually seen leaving) I'm with the others who think she never left the flat (well, not under her own steam). Poor girl :(

This is so close to me, and hour away. It's all over social media. Police are constantly re-sharing there information. I have a feeling from the urgency of the posts they know she's not just went off on her own accord.

Facebook is awash with people comments about how scary Glasgow is becoming at night, unlicensed taxi's especially. She seems like a clever girl, I'm hoping a car 'pretending' to be taxi didn't pull up and she decided to get in. I don't think she's the type though.

I'm just off to look at the distance from the house she was seen leaving to where she stayed distance was.

I also don't think it's odd she left at 4am, it confirms to me what family and friends say about her that she wasn't the type to not come home.

Thoughts are with this girls family. I have so much faith in Police Scotland, Glasgow police know what they are doing.

Yes just found that now.

A missing student who vanished from a nightclub after telling friends she was going to the toilet was last seen on CCTV leaving a man's flat to walk home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toilet-desperate-come-home.html#ixzz3XJXzcufn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So, if that is true, surely the same cctv will show if any occupants of the flat left shortly afterwards too.

I wonder if she "escaped" rather than left, or left after something had gone wrong, or been said in anger ...... and the situation escalated from there. The whole scenario just seems odd - why would you tell your friends you are going to the toilet, then just leave without letting anyone know. Did it really happen like that?

This is so awful, the photos of the police searches, areas cordoned off and so on are making me feel physically sick. Its so soon after the horrific murder in Australia, to hear of another young lady go missing in suspicious circumstances.

That is a very good suggestion........ I cant quite imagine why anyone would leave a flat at 4am, wearing a sleeveless top. Yes, I know some folk dont feel the cold as much, but when she left the club, she got into a car and then into a flat - so not outside very much.

Rather different to then leave a flat at 4am when it is cold and dark to make a one hour walk.
Far more sensible, if she had indeed been * ok * with the man in the flat, would be to stay until a few hours later, and walk home in daylight.

Having read all these different accounts (and unless the police confirm she was actually seen leaving) I'm with the others who think she never left the flat (well, not under her own steam). Poor girl :(

That's where I am, too. :(

I think the reports of her being on CCTV leaving the man's flat are incorrect and it's only his word saying that's when she left. Sounds like the police are right on top of this though and investigating pretty thoroughly so hopefully they'll pick up on anything that doesn't add up.

Assuming for a moment she *did* walk out of there at 4am, I can see how this would come about.

1) Avoid the "walk of shame" in last night's clothes while everyone around you is heading off to work
2) Sleep in your own bed, get up when you want

I'd walk if it was just around the corner, but otherwise I'd probably get a taxi. But then I'm pathetic with the cold.

Anyway, all just thoughts, as above - I don't think this is what happened.

I'm not sure how to post a photo from my phone, but looking on Google maps the distance to walk from her last known location and her home is average an hour, gives 3 differnt routes.

The park where her bag has been found is NOT in the direction she would have walked home.

Assuming for a moment she *did* walk out of there at 4am, I can see how this would come about.

1) Avoid the "walk of shame" in last night's clothes while everyone around you is heading off to work
2) Sleep in your own bed, get up when you want

I'd walk if it was just around the corner, but otherwise I'd probably get a taxi. But then I'm pathetic with the cold.

Anyway, all just thoughts, as above - I don't think this is what happened.

The way she's described, she sounds too streetwise to go wandering around Glasgow on her own at 4am. She hadn't just arrived from rural Ireland, where women don't think twice about walking round alone after dark, she'd lived in Britain for a while and she'd lived in cities before. It seems like a strange thing for her to do, unless something happened with the man in the flat to make her want to leave.

The way she's described, she sounds too streetwise to go wandering around Glasgow on her own at 4am. She hadn't just arrived from rural Ireland, where women don't think twice about walking round alone after dark, she'd lived in Britain for a while and she'd lived in cities before. It seems like a strange thing for her to do, unless something happened with the man in the flat to make her want to leave.

Yeah, I agree. Particularly if (as I'm sure I read) she was cautious about getting in taxis. I don't get the impression she'd be keen to walk the streets alone either.

Well, how would she usually get home then? She always came home apparently, so if she was too smart to walk and too wary to taxi it home did she fly, she had to get home somehow? Alcohol lowers inhibitions also, a lot of people feel they can take on the world with a bit of Dutch courage, maybe she felt safer walking than locked in a car with somebody. I used to walk around at all hours, through parks, deserted streets etc when I was in my teens/early 20's and I grew up in a very rough part of South London - it's very easy to think 'it'll never happen to me'....until it does.

Well, how would she usually get home then? She always came home apparently, so if she was too smart to walk and too wary to taxi it home did she fly, she had to get home somehow? Alcohol lowers inhibitions also, a lot of people feel they can take on the world with a bit of Dutch courage, maybe she felt safer walking than locked in a car with somebody. I used to walk around at all hours, through parks, deserted streets etc when I was in my teens/early 20's and I grew up in a very rough part of South London - it's very easy to think 'it'll never happen to me'....until it does.

I don't know, it just sounds strange. Unless maybe she and this man carried on drinking after they got back to his flat, maybe then she wasn't thinking straight by 4am.

Where she lives is very close to some of the most popular bars and clubs in Glasgow (the top of Sauchiehall Street, places like Garage, ABC, Campus). Like I'm talking less than a 5 minute walk. So maybe if she normally frequented these clubs then she had no need to get a taxi.

I think it was a case of she was wary of getting in to taxis alone, so I'm presuming she would normally be with friends on the journey home.

Has anyone seen the CCTV of her leaving the flat at 4am? Apologies if it's already been posted, I admit I haven't thoroughly read everything.

Has anyone seen the CCTV of her leaving the flat at 4am? Apologies if it's already been posted, I admit I haven't thoroughly read everything.

No, it hasn't been released and I think a few of us are wondering if that's an error and the CCTV only relates to leaving the club.

Well, how would she usually get home then? She always came home apparently,
I don't think it is definite she would never ever stay out all night. She would always let her friends know where she was though hence the huge concern.

I don't know, it just sounds strange. Unless maybe she and this man carried on drinking after they got back to his flat, maybe then she wasn't thinking straight by 4am.

It doesn't seem strange to me but maybe that's because I've done it myself many a time, I get so angry with myself for the risk I used to put myself at when I read stories like this.

Where she lives is very close to some of the most popular bars and clubs in Glasgow (the top of Sauchiehall Street, places like Garage, ABC, Campus). Like I'm talking less than a 5 minute walk. So maybe if she normally frequented these clubs then she had no need to get a taxi.

In Glasgow that makes sense but what about when she lived in Ireland? Everything is pretty spread out in Ireland unless you're in a city and it's a long walk to most places, not only that but when it's dark in Ireland it's pitch black. If she's used to walking down pitch dark country lanes in Cork maybe she felt pretty safe walking around a city at 4am. Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USE