GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 November 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think they are starting young... my youngest who is 5 came home earlier this year and they'd been taught how to be safe on Facebook (little things in words they understood like - don't tell people where you live etc - like stranger danger but electronically). At first I was like wtf?! Why are they talking to 5 year old about Facebook. My daughter didn't even know what it was until then but actually I guess they DO need to start this stuff off at such a young age. Both my daughters (the other one is 9) have a lot of their homework set on the Internet, a lot of online research and quite a few of their lessons in class are done online albeit on secure school networks so I guess it's best if they know the dangers from a young age. Like I say it's the electronic version of stranger danger

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
The best thing you can do to protect your children as they grow up in this world is A, talk to them ALL the time, don't have 'A' safety or 'birds and the bees' talk, just talk openly and honestly any time, anywhere and they will be more inclined to talk to you. B, be tech savvy, know what snapchat (or whatever is around in coming years) is AND how it works and C, don't ever be afraid to say NO to them, no you can't have facebook - you're 10! No you can't go to/have/etc - xyz cause ALL you're friends are (this is rarely true and if your heart wants to say no, say no.) Xx

I must be going blind. I can't find the publicly disowning statuses from SB's siblings no matter where I look.

LH fb profile has disappeared

Another beautiful life taken so callously. I'm so angry that the perpetrator/s didn't just say where her body was and save the family false hope. Rest in peace.

LH fb profile has disappeared

Interesting ... cause HE won't have been able to do it from his police cell now will he.

I wonder if it's a family member who's removed it? Or a trusted person ex- 'if anything ever happens delete everything' kind of arrangement?

Jamie Reynolds profile stayed around for a long time. As have Nathan and Shauna's ...

Has LH Facebook profile been removed? I can't find it anymore and is likes are no longer showing up on Kayleigh's pictures.

I think the police may be able to contact Facebook and request it be taken down in special circumstances? I may be wrong though as SH and NM's profiles were still visible and still are. Maybe depends on what is on their pages. Bearing in mind their is a clear link to Kayleigh through LH, likes on her pics, friends with eachother etc.

I think the police may be able to contact Facebook and request it be taken down in special circumstances? I may be wrong though as SH and NM's profiles were still visible and still are. Maybe depends on what is on their pages. Bearing in mind their is a clear link to Kayleigh through LH, likes on her pics, friends with eachother etc.

If someone reports a Facebook account for inappropriate posts etc it can be temporarily suspended while Facebook investigates the report.

It happened to Jason Manford over his Paris rant this weekend

Interesting ... cause HE won't have been able to do it from his police cell now will he.

I wonder if it's a family member who's removed it? Or a trusted person ex- 'if anything ever happens delete everything' kind of arrangement?

Jamie Reynolds profile stayed around for a long time. As have Nathan and Shauna's ...
SBs are also still up

Wow, strong words from SB's siblings. I can't help thinking they must be thinking back to his past behaviour when condemning him so soon.

Seeing as Kayleigh's phone was found pretty quickly it sounds to me as if it was possibly dropped in the dark. Hard to know from the reports whether it was found on Saturday afternoon as some say, or on the day it was reported in MSM, Tuesday I think.

Mornin all - just catching up with the very sad news. I thought this was coming last night, when we had the comments from the journo waiting to do an announcement and UK&Eire's comments, which then were deleted.

Although most if not all of us expected this ending, it is extremely sad. Thoughts for her family and friends who were holding out hope against hope.

R.I.P. Kayleigh - gone far too soon xx

Re the FB pages ........... there was a post on SBs business page, made at 4.19pm on the Saturday - the one about logs for sale.

So, is this something that happened after that time ? and the police know that Kayleigh was ok on the Saturday.

Re the FB pages ........... there was a post on SBs business page, made at 4.19pm on the Saturday - the one about logs for sale.

So, is this something that happened after that time ? and the police know that Kayleigh was ok on the Saturday.
Yep I said to someone the other day that I'd seen the post about the logs and thought hmmm. Still I guess it could be a weak attempt at proving you were going about your business as normal

Wow, strong words from SB's siblings. I can't help thinking they must be thinking back to his past behaviour when condemning him so soon.

I thought that at first but then got thinking about the dynamics of small working class communities. They could be disowned him so violently to show whose side they are on and to aviod attacks on themselves. The community is United and they want to remain apart of it not be ostracised as Sb has been. Throwing your sibling relationship under the bus, on social media to save yourself, as it were

What terrible news to wake up to although we knew it was coming :-( RIP Kayleigh

LH seems pretty normal to me on FB, seems very sociable, well liked etc. I don't think his FB screams 'psycho' at all, quite the opposite actually, even with the dark humour and like (would not call it an obsession) of horror films. If he is involved all the more scarier that he seems like a normal bloke to me :thinking:

I'm not criticising your impressions, we all see different things. But my impression was way too many pics with tarted up girls in late teens and early 20s, and while I don't like to be 'lookist' it seemed suspicious to me. Being into horror films is normal, but the obsession with the masks along with the 'sell my soul to the devil' remark put up red flags to me. It also bothered me that he was photographed with a girl who looked so much like Kayleigh, though probably the one he was with was a few years older, but same hair and hairstyle and very similar facial features.

And without being 'loner-ist' the other guy had a shifty sound to him, the sort of feel I associate with paedophiles...someone with problems interacting with people and prone to living out their desires and obscene fantasies by force. I don't feel this way about all loners, some are just shy and private people and there's nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand I already knew there was a teenage girl missing when I saw LH's profile, and it was a day later in the search that I found SB's profile so all of that might have coloured my impressions. If it wasn't for that, then I probably wouldn't think too much about either of them, but when you add in the knowledge of a missing teenage girl then it all seemed to add up to a horrible complete picture. But before a crime has been committed, every criminal and sicko had a life in which they hadn't committed a crime..they were the same person but without having actually done the deed which no one knew was in their future. I am not a believer in the ability to 100% foretell who is going to 'do something bad', I think seeing things with 20/20 hindsight gives some people the impression that is possible, but I don't believe it really is possible. Even these guys, if they are guilty, could have avoided this situation and gone through their lives doing nothing 'bad'....but *if* they are guilty, for them everything came together over the weekend and the nightmare possibility became a horrible reality that they chose not to walk away from.

Facebook is a very complicated beast, which we are all still learning about. I know so many adults who don't know how to ensure their stuff is private, and teenage posts shine through with naivety on there, following the crowd, being scared and the inability to tell real from fake...then add in that they can make their profile private and only share some posts with their parents and older relatives but share totally different things with their friends just from a single profile...and the ones who aren't savvy enough to do that can just make a second profile.

It also bothers me that FB's financial motivations often lead it to push people into not learning about the privacy options and not taking advantage of them. Something that someone only intended to share with a few family and friends can now be found via the search function or viewed in the sidebar by mutual friends. In this case there are a number of mutual friends between the victim and at least one of the guys who's being questioned...that's going to complicate the warnings of "don't go off with strangers" .... because this wasn't a total stranger, it was someone who lived locally and was known to people she knew. I would not like to be a parent in this world of FB and internet messaging and kids with their own mobile phones talking away to God knows who in private and receiving and sending God knows what kind of images and photos, and I am internet savvy and I do know how to set up my FB to be as private as I can get it, and that just scares me even more, because I also know how easy it is to hide things if you want to (from parents) but also how easy it is to find things that the naive have done in the belief that they were covering their tracks.

Rob Windscheffel ‏@RWindscheffel 1m1 minute ago

The scene at Sence Valley Forest Park where police last night discovered the body of Kayleigh Haywood

so Kayleigh was found in Ibstock - I had thought Belton was the last place being searched.

BBC Leicester ‏@BBCLeicester 29m29 minutes ago

Police are given a further 24 hours to question two men arrested on suspicion of Kayleigh Haywood's murder

This must be the final 24 hours, before charges - if any - are made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member