GUILTY UK - Kayleigh Haywood, 15, Ibstock, Leicestershire, 13 November 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police don't ID her! It has to be a member of her family, or someone who knew her personally. That will happen when they are ready to do it. There's no real urgency, they don't drag people from their beds to do it.

I'm not thick enough to think the police drag in PC Plod from the street to ID her!

What I maybe should have said (as not to offend anyone) is the Police "arrange" for family to ID.

That's what I've been trying to work out. It appears to be LH Kayleigh was going to meet. Now I could be wrong but he doesn't seem to be somebody that a 15 year old girl would find physically attractive and originally both girls were going to meet him and the chances of both girls finding him physically attractive seems even slimmer. So was there another incentive for them to meet up with him that we haven't heard about? Did he tell them he was a film director(kinda true) and wanted them in a film? Was he promising to take them out to a club? I'm trying to think what would tempt two girls to plan to meet up with him...
I'm guessing from the areas they all live that every one knows everyone else so they may not have seen anything wrong with meeting up with him...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm not thick enough to think the police drag in PC Plod from the street to ID her!

What I maybe should have said (as not to offend anyone) is the Police "arrange" for family to ID.

Yes, but you seem to expect instant results. It's done with sensitivity to the family's needs. CoverMeCagney's post sums it up well.

They wait for family to ID her. This might mean having to prep the body which can take varying amounts of time. They wil then wait until the family have notified whomever they wish to before the news breaks.

Totally different circumstances, but when my dad died my mum got a friend to drive her hours to go and tell my grandma, several hours round trip. Gran wouldn't have found out on social media, and of course it wasn't on the news, but mum felt she had to tell her face to face before she could begin to do anything else. Kayleighs grandparents amongst others will have to be told the news and this can take time. I'm pretty sure the police knew it was Kayleigh as soon as they found her.

Rob WindscheffelVerified account ‏@RWindscheffel 6m6 minutes ago
The location of where Kayleigh Haywood's body was found was close to a pond just outside Ibstock

CULW2fHWUAAYYtY.jpg

https://twitter.com/RWindscheffel

Confused, that field and pond is not in the park

ETA: I'm going to take the word of this reporter as truth though, as he is the one who posted photo and video of forensics at the scene. Added location and details to The Map

I'm still wondering if there's any significance of her being dropped off at the college at 6pm - the exact time a group were meeting there to go to a local rugby match. Is that what she told her parents? Was she meant to be going? Seems Kayleigh fibbed to her parents ("going to stay my besties house") AND her best friend ("going to stay at my aunt's house") so she must have realised she was doing something she shouldn't.

Just so sad she was so trusting, I've no doubt she was groomed in whatever fashion. If she had never met this man before there will be plenty of digital evidence of their plan to meet, which will hopefully reveal exactly why she went.

I also wonder if LH knew of the friends connections between himself and Kayleigh ? Might have been a factor, along the lines of my **** knows your **** .... This might have made Kayleigh feel safe.

eta: re the rugby match. Good point. I have seen something re a football connection with SB and LH - I know its not the same sport, but perhaps this event was used as an excuse for the meeting ?

Ok I'm going to stick me neck out and ask: does anyone else think that too much is being read into LHs interests?

The way *I* see it LH was a bit of a drifter - people have mentioned that he never really held a job down, liked to party etc - with ambitions of making it big in the film industry, more specific in the horror/slasher genre.

His fb statuses aren't really here nor there - I know a lot of people who ask totally random questions or spout utter rubbish on there that they wouldn't do or ask in real life. Again with his job description, yes he mentions serial killer but he also mentions being an exotic dancer (or something to that effect)

If you look at most of his photos they were harmless nights out. The ones where he was wearing masks/costumes etc were all fancy dress and a lot of people in the background were also wearing similar. There's more of him enjoying a harmless night out/day out with friends than there is sinister stuff. Indeed I've heard many people on fb (so rumour of course) that he's known to be trouble, bit of a jerk etc but I haven't seen anyone say he had an fixation with "sinister things". He can't have come across as too wierd as he had a he'll of a lot of friends.

Idk it may be totally related but it may not it just grinds on me when something is picked up on and made pivotel to deciding someone's motive when really there's not much basis for it...

Ok I'm going to stick me neck out and ask: does anyone else think that too much is being read into LHs interests?

The way *I* see it LH was a bit of a drifter - people have mentioned that he never really held a job down, liked to party etc - with ambitions of making it big in the film industry, more specific in the horror/slasher genre.

His fb statuses aren't really here nor there - I know a lot of people who ask totally random questions or spout utter rubbish on there that they wouldn't do or ask in real life. Again with his job description, yes he mentions serial killer but he also mentions being an exotic dancer (or something to that effect)

If you look at most of his photos they were harmless nights out. The ones where he was wearing masks/costumes etc were all fancy dress and a lot of people in the background were also wearing similar. There's more of him enjoying a harmless night out/day out with friends than there is sinister stuff. Indeed I've heard many people on fb (so rumour of course) that he's known to be trouble, bit of a jerk etc but I haven't seen anyone say he had an fixation with "sinister things". He can't have come across as too wierd as he had a he'll of a lot of friends.

Idk it may be totally related but it may not it just grinds on me when something is picked up on and made pivotel to deciding someone's motive when really there's not much basis for it...

Personally no. I'm not claiming it's accurate, and I'm not saying it's true. Just a gut feeling, I should have kept it to myself, I usually do early on. I'll read my own posts later and cringe. I just saw big red flags and decided to lay it out there.

I agree with you, sar. People are very quick to jump on this sort of thing, but lots of people enjoy horror films. They wouldn't be made if that weren't the case! And I'd hate to be picked up on every throwaway black humour comment I may have made.

I don't really do FB (just have an account that allows me to join local & community groups) but it's clear that plenty of people use it like casual conversation.

Actually LH looks like one of my friends who funnily enough is the same age. He's very unsuccessful in the love life department but he has a huge amount of male and female friends. The females mainly because he's seen as "safe" I. E. He never trys to hit on them, instead he enjoys going out partying with them and then making sure they get back ok but he's always around incase there's any trouble...

That's how I see him. I'm not picking up the gay vibe at all. I think I read he went to uni so probably has a mixed group of friends from there.

Personally no. I'm not claiming it's accurate, and I'm not saying it's true. Just a gut feeling, I should have kept it to myself, I usually do early on. I'll read my own posts later and cringe. I just saw big red flags and decided to lay it out there.
I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I'm just saying there's a difference between stating "looks like LH had an unusual interest in so and so" and dissecting every part of their social network footprint seemingly looking for things which they use to prove he's a wierdo.. just saying

Rob WindscheffelVerified account ‏@RWindscheffel 6m6 minutes ago
The location of where Kayleigh Haywood's body was found was close to a pond just outside Ibstock

CULW2fHWUAAYYtY.jpg

https://twitter.com/RWindscheffel

Confused, that field and pond is not in the park

ETA: I'm going to take the word of this reporter as truth though, as he is the one who posted photo and video of forensics at the scene. Added location and details to The Map

Does seem odd doesnt it. Sense Valley Forest Park on the doorstep and they go up here. Plus there is so much enclosed countryside around there, places it would have taken police forever to find, if at all.
I wonder if this was a panic solution.

I'm guessing from the areas they all live that every one knows everyone else so they may not have seen anything wrong with meeting up with him...

But meet up for what reason? That's what I can't work out. From what I've read they're described as only having "recently met" him on facebook rather than him being somebody local they knew already.

Just heard on the lunch time news that Kayleigh's body has only just been removed from the scene.

Re LH and how he comes across.

The main thing that stood out for me, from his posts, was a sense of depression and of being a bit left out of things. Perhaps , being at the age when other pals are getting into serious relationships, starting families etc and he is still on his own. Everyone's pal , nobody's partner ?? jmo and probably way out

I don't like the sound of that. 16 hours, that's a long time. What did they do to her? :(

I think were he not being questioned about a murdered schoolgirl who it appears he arranged to meet up with I'd just think he was a bit strange. It's the fact that Kayleigh's been murdered after (allegedly) arranging to meet up with him that makes it all look a lot more sinister.

Why would that be?? 16 hours seems a long time?

Is it? I don't know how long it takes on average to do the forensics, but they have to do a thorough job before they remove the body. They will have wanted to examine everything in daylight too.

Do we definitely know that she wasn't in the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop