Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been here - nice to see some familiar faces are still here. Just had to pop back in now that Leah had been found. Followed her disappearance very closely at the time and her, Haydon and her family have often been in my thoughts. I hope we are closer to the truth now and closer to justice for Leah.

I’m personally so shocked that Leah was found so close. I know it’s regularly the case but I feel we all walked those routes on Google Maps so many times and she was just right there. I can’t imagine how her family are feeling.

It’s hard to know what’s going on when the details are so vague. I do wonder why the house was empty for so long. Did someone know they were overseas? Also wondering about the timing of Leah’s death. Was she alive in the house for a period of time. And the involvement of Mr X or associates, if any.

It would be interesting to know, why, after all this time workmen/cleaners were in the house. I still can't believe that all this time, she was so close. It was the conclusion none of us wanted, but i hope her family can finally get closure and of course, justice.

I find it strange that property could have sat vacant for 3 years with a body in it. Whoever murdered her had to have some knowledge that the property would remain empty for a long enough period of time for them to have absconded.

They probably got really fortunate with Covid too. Nobody could predict the world coming to a standstill for so long. Property has possibly sat empty a lot longer than it would have under normal circumstances.

It would be interesting to know, why, after all this time workmen/cleaners were in the house. I still can't believe that all this time, she was so close. It was the conclusion none of us wanted, but i hope her family can finally get closure and of course, justice.
I think it states in the Sun newspaper that is was estate agents.

The Mail's timeline states:

8.34am: Leah's mobile phone is switched off.

9am: Leah fails to arrive at work.

9.30am - 11.15am: Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking 'visibly upset' and crying while talking on the phone. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah.

All the sources I've seen agree that the phone was switched off for the last time (some say 'destroyed') at around half past eight. Why the police think that Leah could be using a phone that was switched off is something I find hard to understand. Is it suggested that she had a second phone that no-one knew about?

9.30am - 11.15am: Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking 'visibly upset' and crying while talking on the phone. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah.

All the sources I've seen agree that the phone was switched off for the last time (some say 'destroyed') at around half past eight. Why the police think that Leah could be using a phone that was switched off is something I find hard to understand. Is it suggested that she had a second phone that no-one knew about?

I don’t think the police do, eye witnesses have suggested that they’ve seen someone like Leah using a mobile phone and I would think this is part of their process to confirm whether it was Leah or not.

I don't really want to go here, as it's a bit horrible, but if the body was well wrapped up presumably that would have slowed down decomposition. But if the body was well wrapped up that suggests something planned. Which must be either a stalker, someone who knew her, or like Wayne Couzens, someone on the look out for a random victim. They must have had access to the house though, and known its status.

The Sun's most recent article suggests that investigators found a pile of tools – though the writer of the piece seems to have gleaned other bits of information from Reddit/local FB groups, so take that with the usual pinch of salt. Again, I can't imagine why the perp would leave anything they had used to eg lift floorboards/wall tiles there rather than taking them away and dumping the in the sea/burning them. The article also suggests that the owner visited the property after Leah disappeared – I find it almost impossible to imagine that she could have spent time there without realising something was badly wrong if Leah's body had been there the whole time. Of course it's possible that the neighbours The Sun spoke to got the year of the owner's visit wrong/misremembered because they were being paid a tip fee, MOO.

I don't think it was Leah that the eye witnesses saw (based on the phtoto circulated and also as you pointed out, her phone was switched off.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been here - nice to see some familiar faces are still here. Just had to pop back in now that Leah had been found. Followed her disappearance very closely at the time and her, Haydon and her family have often been in my thoughts. I hope we are closer to the truth now and closer to justice for Leah.

I’m personally so shocked that Leah was found so close. I know it’s regularly the case but I feel we all walked those routes on Google Maps so many times and she was just right there. I can’t imagine how her family are feeling.

It’s hard to know what’s going on when the details are so vague. I do wonder why the house was empty for so long. Did someone know they were overseas? Also wondering about the timing of Leah’s death. Was she alive in the house for a period of time. And the involvement of Mr X or associates, if any.

Really good to see you LM x

I don't really want to go here, as it's a bit horrible, but if the body was well wrapped up presumably that would have slowed down decomposition. But if the body was well wrapped up that suggests something planned. Which must be either a stalker, someone who knew her, or like Wayne Couzens, someone on the look out for a random victim. They must have had access to the house though, and known its status.

And it’s a lot to do this in someone else’s house. Unless you are trying to frame them. Not that I’m suggesting that. But to hide someone in someone else’s house that they might stumble upon at any point is an odd disposal. Even if they knew they were away. Unless you were familiar with the house - would you choose it with the risk you might be disturbed/caught at any point.

I’d like to know more about the lettings. Not just neighbour hearsay.

The Sun's most recent article suggests that investigators found a pile of tools – though the writer of the piece seems to have gleaned other bits of information from Reddit/local FB groups, so take that with the usual pinch of salt. Again, I can't imagine why the perp would leave anything they had used to eg lift floorboards/wall tiles there rather than taking them away and dumping the in the sea/burning them. The article also suggests that the owner visited the property after Leah disappeared – I find it almost impossible to imagine that she could have spent time there without realising something was badly wrong if Leah's body had been there the whole time. Of course it's possible that the neighbours The Sun spoke to got the year of the owner's visit wrong/misremembered because they were being paid a tip fee, MOO.

I don't see it as that unusual that there are tools in a house at face value, even a holiday home. So it seems a weird thing to add. The Sun does have a history of making stuff up.

The solice I am taking in all of this is that I hope any perpetrator is now utterly terrified and is feeling some of the fear poor Leah might have felt.

The Sun piece today quotes neighbours as saying re the homeowner:

““She was so lovely and kept saying, ‘I’m so happy to be in my holiday home.’”

Have to say, as an MK local, in a dark time this warms my heart. People beat up on this place so much, but there’s a lot of love here and a lot of very civilised people.

First of all, I just feel so much pain for her family. My thoughts are with them and I am glad only that they can be reunited, and hopefully get some justice.

In terms of cleaners or workies finding "items of concern" - I did understand it to mean they had found the items Police then formally identified as her bag and belongings.

MOO - but I did ponder if someone had found themselves unable to return to finish hiding evidence? If you were to leave the country then you would probably tidy up first surely, but maybe someone passed away or found themselves in prison? They will have known they had a lot of time as the owners were away, and it indicates they knew the movement of the owners. But with COVID that gave a much bigger window. Something caused them to stop having access to the property and/or movements of the owners either way.

My personal opinion is that Leah got no further than the house that day, and that the murderer had returned at least once after that. I truly hope the Police can solve this and bring her family some truth.

I don't think it was Leah that the eye witnesses saw (based on the phtoto circulated and also as you pointed out, her phone was switched off.
Yes - I think the police were simply wrong to give much credence to the idea that it could have been her using a phone that wasn't switched on, even so they have not ruled out the possibilty of a 'secret' phone:

If the texting woman is proved to be Leah, it could throw a whole new light on the so far unsolved case. Not only would it prove that something upset Leah enough to make her avoid completing her journey to work as intended, but it could also mean she had a second and possibly secret mobile phone.

The implications of a 'burner' phone would strengthen the theory held by many members of the public and Leah's own family - that the teenager was in a secret relationship at the time she vanished.

DCI Howard outlines the basics of the case, then says: “I would also like to make a further appeal regarding a female of similar description to Leah who was seen apparently upset by Furzton Lake later on the morning that Leah went missing."

He adds: "Despite previous appeals nobody has come forward with information about this person and we have so far been unable to identify her. It is very important for the investigation that we establish the identity of this person. Clearly if it is Leah then it is hugely significant but equally if this girl is not Leah then it will assist the investigation if we can preclude this person from the enquiry."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member