Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher - Emerson Valley - Milton Keynes - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i recall one article where a neighbour stated that after Leah went missing she added cctv to her property. Does anyone else recall what article that was?
From the MK Citizen:

'Leah’s disappearance worried me so much that I immediately arranged for security cameras to be fitted on our house. I remember thinking that if they had been fitted at the time, then perhaps we’d know what happened to her.”

Could they have changed it to murder enquiry as a body was found but actually now they have spent more time at the scene have come to conclusion it is suicide? Hence no threat to wider public?
Suicide is completely a non starter

She was found underneath the floorboards on the 1st floor by all accounts, if she committed suicide she would no way have ended up under floorboards

Could they have changed it to murder enquiry as a body was found but actually now they have spent more time at the scene have come to conclusion it is suicide? Hence no threat to wider public?
No, because then they would say there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Technically, someone could have found her body and hidden it, but not likely.

No, because then they would say there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Technically, someone could have found her body and hidden it, but not likely.
I don’t think it’s been officially confirmed that she was found under floorboards though. Hopefully at 2pm we will find out a little more detail.

The initial comment made by the police regarding “no threat to the wider public” I think came from the initial police briefings on Monday night. On Monday, when the tip was called in and the police initially attended the scene there would have been a bit of a commotion, locals saw police tape being put up, lots of activity etc etc and in response to that they initially sought to reassure the public/locals that this wasn’t some sort of ongoing incident. As items were found and the news made public about what they actually found, I’m not sure this comment about “no threat to the public” was ever issued again. But it is often repeated in press articles as I’ve noticed, particularly with live updates to online articles, journalists merely update and add to previous articles rather then re-write them (like updating a word doc) but they don’t take much information out. So I’m not sure we can read much into that comment regarding them knowing what happened/who their suspect is etc etc. i think it simply stems from their very initial search and desire to reassure the locals that there wasn’t and active ongoing dangerous event

They probably got really fortunate with Covid too. Nobody could predict the world coming to a standstill for so long. Property has possibly sat empty a lot longer than it would have under normal circumstances.
Some thoughts. When I site I overheard discussions two days ago they might have to take part of the roof off. IF true that could only mean they need much clearer access to the Crime scene. The remains may still be in the house.
If the owner visited with friends and stayed for several days that could lead us to consider Leah was not there at that time and was placed there after the Owners returned home. Leading to the favoured SB thoughts of abduction from one of the three car parks on the three routes she often took to Work. Or... Many homes may have loft hatches, that is access panels in the ceiling to get into the attic. But many homes do not have access ladders fitted. It was interesting that Police took a ladder into the house.
Then there is the garage, that area and the drive is now fully covered. Easy to drive straight into the garage and close the door. Being a double garage lots of working space or temporary storage.
Finally if we believe previose information about WHERE her phone was switched off on the day of her disappearance. It was on the north side between the pavilion car park and the hotel at 8,34, so abduction from that area still seems the front runner from the evidence. When her Location services were turned off that was said to be on the West side. In the area between this house and the Hotel/Pub, raising the possibility she visited the house that evening. That does not seem likely but the information we have on the phone locations is interesting.
Who had access to the house after the Owners left. The police will know. Not a place or an area easy to break into and public bus stop almost opposite.
latest at 11,30am here is massive Media right now with lots of interviews to Camera. A statement is being made at 2 pm but its looking like they have some real news to report. Fingers crossed.
There are strong local rumours circulating again along familiar lines but I shall not repeat them.

There are two possibilities to the whoever did this question.
To leave her where the press are saying they did means they either panicked or were confident that they can’t be linked to the property in any way.
If there was no forced entry and they are linked then an arrest must follow.
However, if you believe the general press output over the last 3 years if definitely looks like Leah was groomed by someone.

As others have said here the main thing is to respect Leah’s family as they have suffered unimaginable pain in the last 3 years.
I don't think she had plans to go there in my opinion, she did not leave enough time to make that an option , again only my opinion.. I have 3 possibilities and the 1st one is a planned attack knowing LC would walk past the house, either by force (risky but it is a fairly quiet area) or by someone she knew "surprising her".. option 2 is similar but involves a stranger at number 2 and again either forced or lured by a guise, such as "could you try to help me push this van it won't start" or option 3.. an accident involving a vehicle coming on or off the driveway of number 2 involving LC, thin but you have to think of everything.. post mortem will probably rule option 3 unlikely..

I've been away from Websleuths some time following a personal tragedy, I've only seen the news today. I'm relieved to see Leah has finally been found and can be returned to her family for the decent burial she deserves. Sending love to Leah and Haydon's families and friends I hope they find peace and justice is swift for Leah.

The Mail's timeline states:

8.34am: Leah's mobile phone is switched off.

9am: Leah fails to arrive at work.

9.30am - 11.15am: Three different witnesses report seeing a girl matching Leah's description walking by Furzton Lake. She was looking 'visibly upset' and crying while talking on the phone. Police have never been able to say definitely that this was Leah.

All the sources I've seen agree that the phone was switched off for the last time (some say 'destroyed') at around half past eight. Why the police think that Leah could be using a phone that was switched off is something I find hard to understand. Is it suggested that she had a second phone that no-one knew about?
I don't believe it was her at the lake

Finally if we believe previose information about WHERE her phone was switched off on the day of her disappearance. It was on the north side between the pavilion car park and the hotel at 8,34,
Where her phone was, or the mast it was connected to? Where was that detail reported?

The articles I've seen say 'in the vicinity of Furzton Lake', which includes 2 Loxbeare Drive.

Some thoughts. When I site I overheard discussions two days ago they might have to take part of the roof off. IF true that could only mean they need much clearer access to the Crime scene. The remains may still be in the house.
If the owner visited with friends and stayed for several days that could lead us to consider Leah was not there at that time and was placed there after the Owners returned home. Leading to the favoured SB thoughts of abduction from one of the three car parks on the three routes she often took to Work. Or... Many homes may have loft hatches, that is access panels in the ceiling to get into the attic. But many homes do not have access ladders fitted. It was interesting that Police took a ladder into the house.
Then there is the garage, that area and the drive is now fully covered. Easy to drive straight into the garage and close the door. Being a double garage lots of working space or temporary storage.
Finally if we believe previose information about WHERE her phone was switched off on the day of her disappearance. It was on the north side between the pavilion car park and the hotel at 8,34, so abduction from that area still seems the front runner from the evidence. When her Location services were turned off that was said to be on the West side. In the area between this house and the Hotel/Pub, raising the possibility she visited the house that evening. That does not seem likely but the information we have on the phone locations is interesting.
Who had access to the house after the Owners left. The police will know. Not a place or an area easy to break into and public bus stop almost opposite.
latest at 11,30am here is massive Media right now with lots of interviews to Camera. A statement is being made at 2 pm but its looking like they have some real news to report. Fingers crossed.
There are strong local rumours circulating again along familiar lines but I shall not repeat them.
Thank you for the update.

But how was Leah being groomed? Legally, it wasn't sexual and she wasn't classed as vulnerable to be manipulated. Coercive control? Don't see it.
You don't have to be vulnerable to be groomed either, someone with the ability to act and tell lies and use psychological tactics can groom virtually anyone, it doesn't always have to be sexual, politicians have been grooming the voters for years and still are.

I don't think she had plans to go there in my opinion, she did not leave enough time to make that an option , again only my opinion.. I have 3 possibilities and the 1st one is a planned attack knowing LC would walk past the house, either by force (risky but it is a fairly quiet area) or by someone she knew "surprising her".. option 2 is similar but involves a stranger at number 2 and again either forced or lured by a guise, such as "could you try to help me push this van it won't start" or option 3.. an accident involving a vehicle coming on or off the driveway of number 2 involving LC, thin but you have to think of everything.. post mortem will probably rule option 3 unlikely.. which goes towards the city center.

At that time of the day there are generally a line, or we call a queue of 6 cars waiting to gain access. So its very busy and I cannot imaging any way you could abduct a person in that location during daylight hours. If it was planned you would wait until dark which in February would be about 4,30 am

I've been away from Websleuths some time following a personal tragedy, I've only seen the news today. I'm relieved to see Leah has finally been found and can be returned to her family for the decent burial she deserves. Sending love to Leah and Haydon's families and friends I hope they find peace and justice is swift for Leah.

Glad you are here and hope you’re ok. @LittleMystery too.

Last edited:
I am so delighted to see you. So sorry to hear about your family tragedy.
You were here when the first posts were made when Leah was reported missing and I had been thinking about you when Leah was finally found.

2pm today police are set to give an update on their investigation, which appears to be focussed on the attic of the house which, according to the Land Registry, is owned by the Al-Omer family, who neighbours say are from Kuwait but live in Dubai.

The Al-Omers stayed at the property months after she vanished but there is no suggestion they are involved in her disappearance and only use the house once a year as a 'summer house', neighbours told The Times.

The newspaper also reports there is CCTV showing the moment her body was found. Two men, believed to be estate agents had arrived on Monday and her belongings including a backpack were reportedly found inside. A third man was called and arrived with ladders, shortly before the police swept in. The attic and ceiling are being worked on by forensics teams, where the remains were believed to have been hidden.

It came as Thames Valley Police are yet to arrest anyone - or publicly identify any suspects - but they have ruled out a convicted paedophile who lived in detached home in Buckinghamshire because he was locked up at the time.
The footage in this news report of her family laying the flowers down is absolutely heart rendering.
I can't help but feel the cameras should have been turned off. Her mum, dad and sister should of been able to have that moment in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist