Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As she was sat on the bench at 11:45pm, yet sighted on Beresford at 12:09am (not sure whether this means by a person/dashcam etc).

Where have you seen she was on Beresford at 12:09? The only thing I can find is that they believe she was still at the bench at 12:09 and has not been since since then:

Libby Squire was seen getting into a taxi outside Welly on Beverley Road in Hull at around 11pm on Thursday, January 31. She was later seen on the street, near the junction with Beresford Avenue, at about 11.45pm, when a man got out of his car to stop and help her. CCTV then caught her on a bench close to a bus stop by Haworth Street, where officers believe she was until 12.09am. She has not been seen since

Another thing to consider is that it was around -5 that evening and considering that Libby was dressed for a night out and I believe the only jacket she had was a leather jacket, it’s very possible that an hour outside in the cold after being dropped off by a taxi the early stages of hypothermia could start setting in, especially if it has snowed (wet hair etc etc) the confusion that can be caused by hypothermia as well as the intoxicating alcohol could have caused impaired decision making. I wonder how far someone could walk in these circumstances?

Timeline from memory - please correct me if any is wrong:

11pm approx Libby gets in taxi (friend witness)
11:29pm taxi drops her off (police statement)
11:?? neighbour TT sees her walking away from home
11:40pm Libby is on the bench (police/CCTV)
11:45 approx man stops to help
12:09pm Last sighting on bench (police)
12:30 Loud screams heard Heathcote St (neighbour witness)

Another thing to consider is that it was around -5 that evening and considering that Libby was dressed for a night out and I believe the only jacket she had was a leather jacket, it’s very possible that an hour outside in the cold after being dropped off by a taxi the early stages of hypothermia could start setting in, especially if it has snowed (wet hair etc etc) the confusion that can be caused by hypothermia as well as the intoxicating alcohol could have caused impaired decision making. I wonder how far someone could walk in these circumstances?
At that point she should have been looking for something open where she could get out of the cold and hang out for a while (IMHO). I am surprised no other open business in the area has reported she came in or tried to come in. Anybody local? where would you think to go if you were stuck outside?

Sad to still have no breakthrough.

I'm still stuck at the 12:09am CCTV. If it was a fixed camera Police must know more than they are currently saying. If it was dashcam footage they would call it that IMO.

There is a fixed but remote controlled camera outside the Sainsbury’s just down the road, this could be the camera that last spotted her as they wouldn’t necessarily have followed her but could simply have panned past ?

Where have you seen she was on Beresford at 12:09? The only thing I can find is that they believe she was still at the bench at 12:09 and has not been since since then:

Libby Squire was seen getting into a taxi outside Welly on Beverley Road in Hull at around 11pm on Thursday, January 31. She was later seen on the street, near the junction with Beresford Avenue, at about 11.45pm, when a man got out of his car to stop and help her. CCTV then caught her on a bench close to a bus stop by Haworth Street, where officers believe she was until 12.09am. She has not been seen since

"It comes as police, who are following up a "number of leads", revealed details of a potential new sighting of Libby at 12.05am on Friday."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...missing-libby-squire-screwdriver-13946457.amp

Then this:
_20190205_182048.JPG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ing-woman-21-seen-leaving-taxi-night-out.html

At that point she should have been looking for something open where she could get out of the cold and hang out for a while (IMHO). I am surprised no other open business in the area has reported she came in or tried to come in. Anybody local? where would you think to go if you were stuck outside?

I did think the exact same, the Sainsbury’s a couple of hundred yards away would still have been open https://g.co/kgs/7u1FzE

I uploaded a screenshot of places that were / are usually open. I know Sainsbury would be open and as a student she would definitely know where that is as I'm sure she shopped there being so close to her accomodation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 18.21.00.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 18.21.00.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 9
"It comes as police, who are following up a "number of leads", revealed details of a potential new sighting of Libby at 12.05am on Friday."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...missing-libby-squire-screwdriver-13946457.amp

Then this:
View attachment 167573
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ing-woman-21-seen-leaving-taxi-night-out.html

I think the police retracted that sighting (also see post #117 - it had been deleted by Hull Mail) There's nothing about it in any of their press statements or on the Humberside Police website. They seem to believe that 12:09 on the bench is the last time Libby was seen.

Last edited:
There is a fixed but remote controlled camera outside the Sainsbury’s just down the road, this could be the camera that last spotted her as they wouldn’t necessarily have followed her but could simply have panned past ?

It looks like that is a traffic camera pointing the wrong way? Also it is quite a way from the bench which is also recessed from the road and covered by trees.

I'm surprised any camera would be trained in the direction of the bench given what is around it so I'm really interested to know where this CCTV is. Even if (for e.g.) the Betting shop has a wide angle CCTV camera in the doorway seeing the bench might still be out of shot as it is offset from the bench by quite a distance.

Details are so important but rarely given in these cases. It is fair enough they aren't given out but so frustrating sitting here twiddling thumbs...

I uploaded a screenshot of places that were / are usually open. I know Sainsbury would be open and as a student she would definitely know where that is as I'm sure she shopped there being so close to her accomodation.

If she knew that she couldn’t get in her house, would she have gone back after sitting on a bench?

I understand that people heard a scream at half 12 however I would have thought that she headed in an alternate direction to maybe a friends accommodation?

So she would have been shivering like crazy after an hour at that temperature. Why are we not hearing a report of her trying to get inside? Is it possible/likely she may have walked much farther than LE thinks looking for someplace (and avoided all the CCTV somehow)?

I'm curious as to why the police have been repeatedly searching the Oak Road pond. It's not on her way to pubs, shops or the Welly, and it's pretty much in a dark, empty dead end.

Possibly someone reported some noise or unknown car idling or something like that close to the pond so they are checking the area.

I personally think that she did have her key, she just didn't want to go into her house because she didn't want to be alone.

That's what I believe too. Too depressing to sit alone at home when all your friends are out having a good time.

I also had the thought that maybe she had a crush for someone in the group of friends and was hoping to run across them again that night if she stayed out and about. I've done similar things in my young and crazy years :oops: Would also explain why she didn't enter another pub or go to another friend's home, in case she misses the (hypothetical) crush when they make their way home.

Timeline from memory - please correct me if any is wrong:

11pm approx Libby gets in taxi (friend witness)
11:29pm taxi drops her off (police statement)
11:?? neighbour TT sees her walking away from home
11:40pm Libby is on the bench (police/CCTV)
11:45 approx man stops to help
12:09pm Last sighting on bench (police)
12:30 Loud screams heard Heathcote St (neighbour witness)

Weren't the screams said to have been heard 45 minutes after the last sighting? That would put them closer to 1am. Maybe I'm misremembering.

So she would have been shivering like crazy after an hour at that temperature. Why are we not hearing a report of her trying to get inside? Is it possible/likely she may have walked much farther than LE thinks looking for someplace (and avoided all the CCTV somehow)?

I have mentioned that in an earlier post, it’s worth considering the fact that she may have attempted to walk to a location that she may have thought would be open using the many alley ways and footpaths around the back of houses. If hypothermia kicked in she may have started feeling tired and decided to lay down and she could have been disoriented and ended up walking the wrong direction. She will have known the local area however if she headed in the wrong direction she could have easily got lost.

I have mentioned that in an earlier post, it’s worth considering the fact that she may have attempted to walk to a location that she may have thought would be open using the many alley ways and footpaths around the back of houses. If hypothermia kicked in she may have started feeling tired and decided to lay down and she could have been disoriented and ended up walking the wrong direction. She will have known the local area however if she headed in the wrong direction she could have easily got lost.
If she is not in any of the places you have looked, she must be someplace you didn't look or didn't expect. She may well have used those alley ways to get out of the breeze. I think after an hour outside at -5 in a light jacket her survival instinct would kick in. Going to a friends house or going home to knock on a neighbors door makes sense but they would have found her by now. (all of this assumes no foul play). I just wonder if she didn't walk much farther in the wrong direction.

Edited: I wonder if she thought any of the buildings on campus might have been open and headed that way?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member