Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer the water based searches didn’t find Libby, the more and more likely it was that foul play was involved. Like so many brilliant posters pointed out yesterday, there was something strange in the wording about yesterday’s police appeal. Sadly I think we’re now going to find out why.

Libby Squire: Man, 24, arrested in connection with the disappearance of Hull student

“While her location is not yet known, this does not automatically mean she has come to any harm, but we must carry out a thorough investigation and explore all possibilities.”

That seems unlikely, that she hasn't 'come to any harm.' I'd love for that to be the case. But the arrest and the fact she wasn't found with him in that home, seems ominous. JMO

Libby Squire: Man, 24, arrested in connection with the disappearance of Hull student

“While her location is not yet known, this does not automatically mean she has come to any harm, but we must carry out a thorough investigation and explore all possibilities.”

That seems unlikely, that she hasn't 'come to any harm.' I'd love for that to be the case. But the arrest and the fact she wasn't found with him in that home, seems ominous. JMO

Just general police and media speak to not panic people and seem positive. Honestly, almost all cases of this length and circumstances end up in the victim not being OK. Very few people of this kind keep their victims and if they do, it wouldn't be in a built up area in a house with no real place to keep them hidden. As much as I hate to say the chances of this girl being still alive are very slim.

A 24-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Hull student Libby Squire. Police say finding Libby remains their top priority.

ITV News Calendar on Twitter

Thanks for all the updates, just reading through now....I see Sky are talking about police have not yet recovered a body.
They seem to be the only MSM using this wording, which although it’s very likely accurate, does seem a bit insensitive at this time.

Ah, posted at same time as you Elainera and hadn’t read every update in detail...so Sky is simply quoting police re searching for a body. A very sad outcome.

How are you reading that into it? It just means someone is being questioned, not that they are necessary connected to it and finding her (hopefully alive) remains their top priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member