Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a Hull police tweet saying he will appear in court 1 week ago. I think it's possible he would have been released from custody after that hearing. He would then await trial.

I heard a radio programme the other day about a young man awaiting his rape trial. He was not in prison.

Re: accused rapist of Wellesley Ave
This court wrap-up of individuals jailed in Jan does not mention him: Jailed in January: 19 Hull criminals who are now behind bars

Thanks for checking that.

IMO this rapist becomes a prime person of interest if he was out on bail because we have seen this sort of thing before in other cases where if he knew his upcoming trial would likely convict him and send him to jail for long time then he had nothing to lose while out on bail and could easily commit another rape or in this case rape/killing because he would have known he was going to be locked up for a long time anyway.

I sure hope LE has their eyes all over this guy if he was out when Libby disappeared.

Man, 32, charged with rape after police cordon off skate park

Last edited:
EDIT: I think i posted a link which is against forum rules! Apologies. It's late.

There is one thing that’s making me wonder about this silver car discussion.

If the police did think a specific car was involved - is there not a chance we would have had an appeal saying something along the lines of “we are trying to trace a car” to try and get public information of its whereabouts/journey?

I was looking back over the Becky Watts case earlier as although the search felt like it went on forever, their arrest was just over a week and it jogged my memory about the appeals the police were putting out regarding their car prior to their arrest.

Jmo but UK seems to be much lighter on criminals than the US...maybe that is changing? Or maybe it is my impression only.

Also from the UK cases I have followed their police seem to ask for help when they need it, show CCTV etc...not sure what is going on here but LE seems focused to me, mainly on searching outdoors. Jmo

There is one thing that’s making me wonder about this silver car discussion.

If the police did think a specific car was involved - is there not a chance we would have had an appeal saying something along the lines of “we are trying to trace a car” to try and get public information of its whereabouts/journey?

I was looking back over the Becky Watts case earlier as although the search felt like it went on forever, their arrest was just over a week and it jogged my memory about the appeals the police were putting out regarding their car prior to their arrest.

The downside is that it might tip a perp off to get rid of the car and potential evidence it’s a difficult decision.

I'm new to this case ... trying to scan all the posts to catch up but not seeing an answer to one question I have which is why did she not have her phone with her?

Libby may have been worried about it getting lost or stolen or she didn’t want it to spoil a fun night being on social media or taking photos. I don’t think anyone knows for sure the reason why.

The article says he is from Hull and he raped the other girl in the early morning hours so that means he could be a candidate person to be in the area and around the early morning hours.

We need to find out if he was in custody or not on the day Libby went missing.

Criminals seem to be able to bond out of almost anything these days so I would not be surprised to hear he bonded out and could have been in Hull area on day she went missing.

We don't have bond in the UK. At your first court appearance it is decided whether you will remain in custody, or be let out on bail until the trial. Being let out on bail means you are instantly released and required to report to the police station on a regular basis, and sometimes other conditions such as a curfew and/ or restricted areas where you are not allowed to be, with or without electronic tag. Certain people you're not allowed to contact etc. But no money is involved in being granted bail

I'm new to this case ... trying to scan all the posts to catch up but not seeing an answer to one question I have which is why did she not have her phone with her?

That is a ponderable question. In these days of Instagram and selfie obsession, I don't think many would go out for the night and willingly leave their phone behind. But there again, she didn't appear to have a bag with her either, or at least, one has not been mentioned. She may have had a phone in her pocket I suppose, if this account of her phone being found in the grass is to be believed where she may have dropped it; yet there too there has been no police corroboration of that and we probably would have heard that noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member