Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also good to bear in mind that if they leave a pub that closes at 12 midnight some people don’t go straight home some people might wait a bit for a taxi if in groups start chatting etc then change there minds and walk home I used to do plenty of times when younger but that only if that was the case lol

Plus it's more a case of it being last orders at 12. It wouldn't be unusual to leave 15/20 mins later

How are you reading that into it? It just means someone is being questioned, not that they are necessary connected to it and finding her (hopefully alive) remains their top priority.

Not sure what you are saying here ?

This is the Sky news report that I read which would appear to be quoting the police. I have not mentioned anything about the person being questioned and am well aware that questioning does not mean guilt.

A Humberside Police spokeswoman said that the 21-year-old's body has still not been found since she went missing last week.
Libby Squire: Man arrested over disappearance of Hull student

I’m starting to think due to the age and location where he lives away from the scene. He’s not the taxi driver as he’s too young but the silver car makes me think this is the person that last saw her.

I’m thinking she went to the bench to meet this person, this could possibly be a friend due to the age? They maybe had a disagreement - he drove off and she walked back towards the house, he then picked her up (screams heard).

The sex offender locally is 31-32 this guy is too young. Also the car is a small car - I think the sex offender had an estate it pointed out ? The age I think rules him out anyway.

7A485D1A-6546-473D-9072-092A3CC1075A.jpeg 5B14CCBC-1A3B-474C-A2CB-A166A33AB09C.jpeg

“A man has been arrested on suspicion of abduction in connection with the disappearance of Hull student Libby Squire, Humberside Police have said.

The University of Hull undergraduate, 21, was last seen sat on a park bench at 11.45pm last Thursday.

A search operation was launched and her parents travelled from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire to Hull.

Last night, a car was towed away from an address in Raglan Street as forensic officers were seen going in and out of the house.”

Man arrested on suspicion of abduction in connection with Libby Squire search

This is the Sky news report that I read which would appear to be quoting the police. I have not mentioned anything about the person being questioned and am well aware that questioning does not mean guilt.

A Humberside Police spokeswoman said that the 21-year-old's body has still not been found since she went missing last week.

Your post stated that the report said they were searching for a body (.i.e. deceased) and that it was a sad outcome when the report simply stated someone had been arrested and finding Libby remains their top priority. I think there was just some confusion over a poster thinking "remains" meant her actual remains and it looked like you thought the same thing as you agreed with their post. Was just trying to clarify.

Maybe they've edited it, but that article now just says: "A spokeswoman said 21-year-old Ms Squire has still not been found...". No mention of a 'body'.

Your post stated that the report said they were searching for a body (.i.e. deceased) and that it was a sad outcome when the report simply stated someone had been arrested and finding Libby remains their top priority. I think there was just some confusion over a poster thinking "remains" meant her actual remains and it looked like you thought the same thing as you agreed with their post. Was just trying to clarify.

If you read the link I put up, from Sky, it says body

Maybe they've edited it, but that article now just says: "A spokeswoman said 21-year-old Ms Squire has still not been found...". No mention of a 'body'.

I can still see the report which mentions a body

By Tom Gillespie, news reporter Thursday 7 February 2019 08:49, UK

If you read the link I put up, from Sky, it says body

Yeah, sorry, I saw the webpage now, and have seen body there, the tweet said remains, just clarifying confusion with all the different media links. Let's get back on track :)

I can still see the report which mentions a body

By Tom Gillespie, news reporter Thursday 7 February 2019 08:49, UK
That's strange. It seems like they've edited it and you're somehow still able to see the old version. The story by the same journalist I can see on the Sky website says nothing about a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member