Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The likely explanation imo is that people were giving an estimated time. I doubt anyone clocked when exactly she got into the taxi or when exactly the students saw her stumbling and being helped by the taxi driver in front of her home. We know she left the club "around 11 pm" in the taxi and was at the bench at 11.41 pm. "Around 11 pm" could have been quarter past, the other students might have seen her at 11.25 at her house, and then she took 15 minutes to stumble to the bench. I see no mystery here. Jmo
I would have thought that by now the police would have CCTV of Libby outside the Welly getting into the taxi or spoken to the bouncers and have a pretty clear idea of the exact time she left, especially if caught on CCTV. Unless Welly didn't have CCTV which is a bit worrying in itself. If the police know the time she left then why aren't they being as precise as the other times? They keep saying "around 11pm" but then throwing times out there like "until 12:09" etc. Probably just me looking into it too much but it's just personally grating on me a little that the time she actually left Welly and how long the taxi journey was is such a mystery. If the taxi has technology to show the precise time he dropped her off then why doesn't it show when he picked her up?

One thing I've just realised, if someone can clarify. All reports say she was dropped off by taxi "near" her home.. What does that mean? Outside? Down the road? The next street? Near the bench she was sat? Could help to narrow down where she was and where she may have been heading

In my head I thought it was "on Beverley Road near her home". Another reason why 15 fitted as it's only a few houses up from the main road. 32 is not visible from Bev Rd so it would seem odd to be dropped off there. I dunno, it's a bit odd all round to be honest.

I would have thought that by now the police would have CCTV of Libby outside the Welly getting into the taxi or spoken to the bouncers and have a pretty clear idea of the exact time she left, especially if caught on CCTV. Unless Welly didn't have CCTV which is a bit worrying in itself. If the police know the time she left then why aren't they being as precise as the other times? They keep saying "around 11pm" but then throwing times out there like "until 12:09" etc. Probably just me looking into it too much but it's just personally grating on me a little that the time she actually left Welly and how long the taxi journey was is such a mystery. If the taxi has technology to show the precise time he dropped her off then why doesn't it show when he picked her up?

I think LE knows all the exact times but the exact time she got into the taxi is pretty irrelevant since she was seen by multiple people after she exited the taxi. They want people to focus on the time after she was last seen on the bench. imo

I wondered if maybe the 11:29 timing came from the boys taxi, rather than Libby's. They stated that they saw Libby and went to help her but then their taxi turned up. Maybe that's the one with the accurate time (like an Uber or something)

I think LE knows all the exact times but the exact time she got into the taxi is pretty irrelevant since she was seen by multiple people after she exited the taxi. They want people to focus on the time after she was last seen on the bench. imo
I hope LE haven't just spoken to the taxi driver and have actually searched the vehicle. They will have searched the taxi, right? Surely that's probably one of the very first things they did.

The Welly is set back from the road. I would have thought their CCTV would cover the door. They usually have this for the bouncers protection as they will often get accused of things they haven't done. The taxis park up in the road so I doubt her getting into the taxi will be on CCTV

I wondered if maybe the 11:29 timing came from the boys taxi, rather than Libby's. They stated that they saw Libby and went to help her but then their taxi turned up. Maybe that's the one with the accurate time (like an Uber or something)

Hull doesn't have Uber but a reputable firm would get drivers to record pick up.

I hope LE haven't just spoken to the taxi driver and have actually searched the vehicle. They will have searched the taxi, right? Surely that's probably one of the very first things they did.

I'd have thought they'd have at least looked to see if her keys were there. But there were probably loads more passengers in that taxi between Libby getting out and them searching it, so forensics would be pretty pointless.

Just occurred to me that I'm not aware of anything that states the boys' account is backed up by any other witness/CCTV etc. Do you think the boys' taxi's dashcam confirmed Libby being on her street near her house at 11:29? This may be why the police seem so keen to believe the boys without seemingly having any other supporting evidence to their claims of seeing her Also can anyone clarify - when the boys say that the taxi driver got out to help her up - do they mean THEIR taxi driver or Libby's taxi driver?

Having lived in this area I am really inclined to think it is some rowdy students coming back from a pub. The Haworth closes ~12 so that would be a high possibility. I'm sure this lady will hear noise like this regularly, as to some extent she alludes to with living in a student area. She didnt and would have thought nothing of it until she heard Libby was missing. I could be completely wrong but that's my opinion.

Also good to bear in mind that if they leave a pub that closes at 12 midnight some people don’t go straight home some people might wait a bit for a taxi if in groups start chatting etc then change there minds and walk home I used to do plenty of times when younger but that only if that was the case lol

Hull doesn't have Uber but a reputable firm would get drivers to record pick up.

Most of them are digitised in some way now, especially if they're pre-booked (which I assume the boys taxi was). Libby may have just jumped in a passing taxi, as would be usual outside a club, and I don't know how stringent their records are. Taxi driver was spoken to anyway I think.

Taxi driver
Bearded man in Citroen
Two students over the road

seem to be the last 4 witnesses to have contact with Libby. That we know about.

A lot of the houses in this area you aren't renting the whole house and splitting the rent you each have individual contracts for your room and shared spaces so there are often times when the houses arent full.

Yeah have stayed in an HMO before. I just thought it was more likely since they seemed to live together last year and moved in at start of term that they have arranged to move into the house as a 3. Just speaking from my own experience tho.

Agree....

plus she talks about Libby's phone being found in the grass, outside her house - whereas the police have only said they found her phone at the house, but did not give a precise location

Maybe the phone location was something the police were holding on to and not revealing. Grass at front of house or back? Would clear up the idea that she went out WITHOUT her phone, something that I think is very rare these days on a night out. She may have dropped it in her state, perhaps annoyed if the battery had run out.

"Ryan said the police had taken Libby’s phone from her room, among other items."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-student-21-hundreds-join-search-8430111/amp/

Really bugging me about that video saying police found Libby's phone in the grass when the above article plus many others all state it was found in her room. I find it fairly annoying that someone with nearly half a million followers would upload a video with incorrect information in it. Unless she has a source close to the case that we don't know about.

But isn't that only this Ryan saying where the police allegedly found phone? Not first hand information from the police then? And how did he come to know this anyway?

Very interesting - the attack was only 3 weeks ago and he was in court a week before Libby went missing charged with rape and assault. I can't find out whether he is still in custody. If he's not and he lives at no 15 (or 17) it would explain the searches there.

Wait..... did no one see this?!

"The woman was allegedly in the car with a man who was described by Humberside Police as an “Asian man with a large beard,” and it was believed he was driving a “silver coloured estate car with either roof bars or a roof trim” at the time of the incident."

Very interesting - the attack was only 3 weeks ago and he was in court a week before Libby went missing charged with rape and assault. I can't find out whether he is still in custody. If he's not and he lives at no 15 (or 17) it would explain the searches there.

Yeah, I was asking if he would have been put on remand for a rape charge? Or is there a possibility he could still be free? The beard and grey car jumped out.

Attachments

• BDBAA672-A799-4767-ACB0-59882F8AA734.jpeg
    BDBAA672-A799-4767-ACB0-59882F8AA734.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 43
  • FBD7FD63-DDA7-4200-A048-3F8C8858A3BD.jpeg
    FBD7FD63-DDA7-4200-A048-3F8C8858A3BD.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online