Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could back up my feelings of a potential abduction, as 6 days later there is still no news. Something just feels off about all of this, can’t quite put my finger on what..

The screams was certainly enough to alarm the neighbors and it was at around 12.30am and no other crime has been reported as yet - a girl goes missing and screams are heard in the same area can not be a coincidence? another a question is did any other neighbors hear anything? But no one else has come forward as yet

Maybe at that point they were already on the street waiting for their taxi and heard/saw her so moved to somewhere where they could see what she was doing better? My brain is fried - if number 15/17 is not Libby's house, and not the house of the guys who saw her stumbling either, then who lives there and why is that house so important to the police? And what evidence were they looking for on the front of it?

I don't think the house is important or we would have seen more police activity around and inside of it.

Maybe someone had left a dirty hand print or even cut their finger and left some blood on the door. When police were walking the streets to look for Libby or any sign/evidence they noticed the smudge and investigated it, as they should. But it turned to be unrelated. jmo

After all the theories we've collectively discussed, looking into all the articles, facts, speculation, possibilities ... I STILL cannot get over the taxi taking half an hour to drop her off at home. Either her friends, the police and the papers have all got slightly muddled and she left the club quite a bit later than 11pm, or something happened in that taxi that we don't know about. JMO.

Most of the reports say something along the lines of "Libby’s friends put her in a taxi at about 11pm, which dropped her off close to her address in Wellesley Avenue at 11.29pm"
I read this as her friends were unable to give a precise time they can only say it was around 11pm. The 11.29pm should be validated if the taxi was from a reputable firm and also by the guys who lives over the road so it more accurate.

The screams was certainly enough to alarm the neighbors and it was at around 12.30am and no other crime has been reported as yet - a girl goes missing and screams are heard in the same area can not be a coincidence? another a question is did any other neighbors hear anything? But no one else has come forward as yet

I feel like this is just a total red herring at a point where the press wanted something new to talk about. The woman doesnt seem to have a name so it could be total fake news. If it was that loud and she lives on Heathcoates it seems likely someone else would have heard

One thing I was originally thinking about and the confusion about what house she was actually staying in makes me think about this even more.

11:00 - Put into taxi
11:29 - Dropped off at address
11.45 - Seen on the bench

Between 11:29 and 11:45 is it possible she walked to the house forensics were looking at and possibly had an argument or turned away by someone? or someone wasn't there? Possibly somewhere she would usually go like a friend or love interest, or maybe because of her drunken state she was worried and wanted to go there for support but they wasn't in. Then upset by being turned/turning away headed towards the bench and sat down.

Maybe forensics were taking fingerprints to confirm this or something more sinister?

I’m new to this site after the Grace Millane case, I just wondered is 6/7 days a long time in these kind of investigations? As I would’ve expected some kind of news by now normally..

Most of the reports say something along the lines of "Libby’s friends put her in a taxi at about 11pm, which dropped her off close to her address in Wellesley Avenue at 11.29pm"
I read this as her friends were unable to give a precise time they can only say it was around 11pm. The 11.29pm should be validated if the taxi was from a reputable firm and also by the guys who lives over the road so it more accurate.
'It's breaking our hearts': Missing student Libby Squire's distraught parents make plea

I’ve read several reports that say the journey lasted around 5 minutes. There does seem to be ambiguity in the way this has been reported and I would have thought police would have clarified. I don’t think they referred to the journey time in statements?

I’m new to this site after the Grace Millane case, I just wondered is 6/7 days a long time in these kind of investigations? As I would’ve expected some kind of news by now normally..

I've been around a while and still almost always expect someone to be found within a few days. Yet I'm following loads of cases where we've been waiting years for new news.

If we don't get answers soon, next up will be outlandish theories, a bit of in-thread bickering, a few mod warnings and lots of collective sighing.

Not really. These missing people cases always seem to drag. It feels long because we're discussing it all day every day.

Between 11:29 and 11:45 is it possible she walked to the house forensics were looking at and possibly had an argument or turned away by someone? or someone wasn't there? Possibly somewhere she would usually go like a friend or love interest, or maybe because of her drunken state she was worried and wanted to go there for support but they wasn't in. Then upset by being turned/turning away headed towards the bench and sat down.

Maybe forensics were taking fingerprints to confirm this or something more sinister?

I mentioned something similar to this. The road isnt that long and all the lets for the next student year are already up so you can see most of the road is student housing. Most student I know tried to get houses on roads close to each other so its likely she would know other people on the road and even had drinks before going out at another house. They might have been check the door to see if they could see if she'd knocked on it or tried to get in. Judging by the friends description of the nights it sounded like there were 2 groups that went to the welly so potentially more than 1 household out.

I feel like this is just a total red herring at a point where the press wanted something new to talk about. The woman doesnt seem to have a name so it could be total fake news. If it was that loud and she lives on Heathcoates it seems likely someone else would have heard

That is true for all we know those screams could have just been someone messing about a group of people walking home from a nightclub, pub etc that’s why I was wondering why no other other neighbors said they heard a scream too and we know what the press are like they will jump on anything I’m sort of 50/50 either scream is either important to what’s happened here or isn’t and not every say an abduction will you hear a scream especially if the victim is taken by surprise

'It's breaking our hearts': Missing student Libby Squire's distraught parents make plea

I’ve read several reports that say the journey lasted around 5 minutes. There does seem to be ambiguity in the way this has been reported and I would have thought police would have clarified. I don’t think they referred to the journey time in statements?

I agree the journey time has not been mentioned. Perhaps the police think this is irrelevant if the taxi driver is cleared. They have clarified the timings post her being dropped off and this seems like the important part so maybe the focus?

After all the theories we've collectively discussed, looking into all the articles, facts, speculation, possibilities ... I STILL cannot get over the taxi taking half an hour to drop her off at home. Either her friends, the police and the papers have all got slightly muddled and she left the club quite a bit later than 11pm, or something happened in that taxi that we don't know about. JMO.

The likely explanation imo is that people were giving an estimated time. I doubt anyone clocked when exactly she got into the taxi or when exactly the students saw her stumbling and being helped by the taxi driver in front of her home. We know she left the club "around 11 pm" in the taxi and was at the bench at 11.41 pm. "Around 11 pm" could have been quarter past, the other students might have seen her at 11.25 at her house, and then she took 15 minutes to stumble to the bench. I see no mystery here. Jmo

While I remember - to all new members!! If you click on the link to UK Cases below and "watch" the thread, you'll get alerted when a new local case is posted.

It's very easy to lose track of UK threads among all the worldwide ones so it's the easiest way to be kept in the loop. Likewise if anyone finds a thread that's not listed there, please do add it so more members see it!

This is the end of my Public Service Announcement.

That is true for all we know those screams could have just been someone messing about a group of people walking home from a nightclub, pub etc that’s why I was wondering why no other other neighbors said they heard a scream too and we know what the press are like they will jump on anything I’m sort of 50/50 either scream is either important to what’s happened here or isn’t and not every say an abduction will you hear a scream especially if the victim is taken by surprise

Having lived in this area I am really inclined to think it is some rowdy students coming back from a pub. The Haworth closes ~12 so that would be a high possibility. I'm sure this lady will hear noise like this regularly, as to some extent she alludes to with living in a student area. She didnt and would have thought nothing of it until she heard Libby was missing. I could be completely wrong but that's my opinion.

One thing I've just realised, if someone can clarify. All reports say she was dropped off by taxi "near" her home.. What does that mean? Outside? Down the road? The next street? Near the bench she was sat? Could help to narrow down where she was and where she may have been heading

As Cags said, no not long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member