Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As time goes on does anybody start to think the abduction theory could have more credibility then first thought?

Yes I certainly do, that's my only theory now. I think the screams are connected, the noise of a gate or whatever closing could be a vehicle, I think the vehicle has gone away from the scene avoiding cameras too, looks like there's a quite escape route down the back of the allotments on Oak Road, next to the playing fields and pond lake.

I posted earlier that the last scheduled bus to pass the bench is posted as 11:41 pm, however I just saw it mentioned somewhere that the last bus north along Beverly Rd left the downtown at 10:50 and gets to the bench area about 10 minutes later.
Can anybody local clarify? If she thought somebody she knew may be onboard the last bus from the downtown, she may have been waiting after being locked out...

When I was a uni student (and skint), we were all very aware of the times of the last bus home...

Precisely. Those photos of them using black light on the front of number 15 is NOT just knocking on a door to ask if they saw anything. Is it possible (just a theory) that's the house of the lads that saw her "stumbling"?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they say they observed Libby being dropped off at her house by a taxi then walking off and stumbling down the road? From what I can see on streetview, their house is around a hedged corner and it’s unlikely they would have sight of Libby’s front door from their vantage point.

Important to remember also that abduction doesn’t necessarily mean premeditated. Many cases have unfortunately revealed what started as something else escalated. Eg. Someone makes advances on a person who becomes uncomfortable or startled and screams and in attempting to stop them screaming they end up causing harm or bringing them into their house or car either to calm them or out of fear that they are going to tell someone what happened/ draw attention

The neighbour claimed to hear a ‘loud’ scream then ‘muttering voices’ and the sound of a wooden door shutting ??

Neighbour of missing student Libby Squire heard 'loud female scream' 20 minutes after she vanished

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t they say they observed Libby being dropped off at her house by a taxi then walking off and stumbling down the road? From what I can see on streetview, their house is around a hedged corner and it’s unlikely they would have sight of Libby’s front door from their vantage point.

I don't think it's ever been clear if they were INSIDE their house when they saw her.

When I was a uni student (and skint), we were all very aware of the times of the last bus home...

Definitely a possible theory but taxi's are pretty cheap in Hull and deemed as safer usually. There are also night buses from the night clubs in town at later times for students which are cheaper than the standard service. Purely to stop students going home alone.

Maybe at that point they were already on the street waiting for their taxi and heard/saw her so moved to somewhere where they could see what she was doing better? My brain is fried - if number 15/17 is not Libby's house, and not the house of the guys who saw her stumbling either, then who lives there and why is that house so important to the police? And what evidence were they looking for on the front of it?

Interesting.

I did wonder about Libby’s living arrangements. Some of the houses sleep 6-9. So was wondering why 3 students would pay rent on a house that sleeps that many. It makes sense if they actually live in one of the smaller ones like you shared.

A lot of the houses in this area you aren't renting the whole house and splitting the rent you each have individual contracts for your room and shared spaces so there are often times when the houses arent full.

Sorry for the late reply....

I did have a quick search and found this pic of a student house for rent on that road that shows how overgrown it is out back:

43728816_2281390348601365_6760219828880932864_o.jpg

As an aside these modern student houses are a far cry from the Young Ones "digs" I remember.

I spent a good while last night looking at the company's fb listing for the company who let's that exact property In the hope of finding Libby's property on there. It wasn't but a property a couple of doors up was (one that was pictured with sniffer dogs outside I think it was). Anyway as an aside and completely irrelevant point I noticed that whilst nicely done out the properties on that street were remarkably less swank than those on neighbouring streets let by them also. Wonder why?

I agree that garden is very overgrown but some of the others on that street had relatively nice decking areas out back (although they looked like they were elevated off the ground - could Libby have slipped off one?)

After all the theories we've collectively discussed, looking into all the articles, facts, speculation, possibilities ... I STILL cannot get over the taxi taking half an hour to drop her off at home. Either her friends, the police and the papers have all got slightly muddled and she left the club quite a bit later than 11pm, or something happened in that taxi that we don't know about. JMO.

The water (aka Beverley and Barmston Drain) runs literally right behind Libby's house/back garden. It is at a lower level than the houses and there is a steep bank. The little steps on the right hand side of the bank are what I was referring to.

So there's the house, then the garden and track with all the bins on, then the bank with the steps, then the water.
I must admit on my phone I couldn't see what you were talking about but just had a look on my laptop and it's much clearer

Fair enough, after 6 days though anything is still on the table at this point... unless they know more than they’re letting on, of course.
Yeah thats why I said not saying anything too. You'd think if they were 100% sure they'd say they had eliminated it from their enquiries of similar. I dont think that could have been the sound of her falling into water though like a few people have mentioned. That looks quite far to carry.

It would be nice to pin down addresses for Libby and the witnesses.

The immediate area seems to have a lot of student housing. On either side of the lane that would lead to rear of the row with #15, there are properties with either "to let" signs or notices in the window visible on street view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1