Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this won’t be the 24 year old man.. maybe it was his passenger? Seems the car towed matches this description

That car with was seemingly described as a "Picasso" so given most don't know their cars from their elbows! I'll wager they were trying to describe a MPV type vehicle. The car towed away this morning is your standard hatchback (Vauxhall Astra).

One thing I'm useful for is I know my cars/vehicles.

That car with was seemingly described as a "Picasso" so given most don't know their cars from their elbows! I'll wager they were trying to describe a MPV type vehicle. The car towed away this morning is your standard hatchback (Vauxhall Astra).

One thing I'm useful for is I know my cars/vehicles.

Citroen Xsara and Vauxhall Astras look quite similar to me (not a car nut!) so perhaps they were confused?

Humberside Police

Chief Superintendent Phill Ward said: "A 24-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of abduction in connection with the disappearance of Hull student Libby Squire." Read more at: Man arrested in connection with disappearance of Libby Squire | Humberside Police

Thanks for the link, cybervampira.

From above:

“"We have not yet found Libby and doing so remains our top priority.

Libby’s parents have been informed of the man’s arrest and we’re continuing to support them at this difficult time."“

Last edited:
So this won’t be the 24 year old man.. maybe it was his passenger? Seems the car towed matches this description

The man who stopped by the bench was said to have been driving a silver Citroen - the car towed away from Raglan St is a grey Astra.

But could still be a link with the passenger perhaps ? he could have returned to the area, later, in the Astra ?

ETA - TruthWillOut has said it far better than me - many people dont know one car from another - although I would expect the police to have checked car info with the man when he came forward and helped them with the enquiry

Citroen Xsara and Vauxhall Astras look quite similar to me (not a car nut!) so perhaps they were confused?

Well the full name for the Citroen Picasso is Xsara Picasso but the Citroen Xsara is also a model! classed as a "standard" hatchback but looks very different to a Picasso and Astra (to me!).

Well the full name for the Citroen Picasso is Xsara Picasso but the Citroen Xsara is also a model! classed as a "standard" hatchback but looks very different to a Picasso and Astra (to me!).

Picasso looks different to me, but the Xsara and Astra look quite alike... I probably wouldn’t be able to identify either though so would be no help!

I found the wording about how the driver “really helped out” weird from the start. Wondering if he was lulled into a false sense of security and released by the police under surveillance in the hope he’d lead them to Libby.

Sometimes journalists have a lot to answer for.... their choice of words when reporting can sometimes take us off track. I have read one report, on the Hull Live blog, which seemed to indicate that the driver had stopped by the bench to check his car - and had then asked Libby if she was ok....but I really think this is poor wording by the journo.

I found the wording about how the driver “really helped out” weird from the start. Wondering if he was lulled into a false sense of security and released by the police under surveillance in the hope he’d lead them to Libby.

Wouldn’t be that unusual. The police/media done that with Alexander Pacteau - stressed he was only a witness and had been really helpful, when he was in their sights all along.

Picasso looks different to me, but the Xsara and Astra look quite alike... I probably wouldn’t be able to identify either though so would be no help!

Me neither. "It was silver and had 4 wheels, officer" is about as useful as I'd be. Though I am ace with numberplates and recognise everyone I know by theirs.

Wouldn’t be that unusual. The police/media done that with Alexander Pacteau - stressed he was only a witness and had been really helpful, when he was in their sights all along.

I made that comparison too. The driver seemed to have been discounted strangely quickly.

Edit: Though after the debacle with Joanna Yeates’ landlord, it’s hard to tell if the police are just being cautious. I’m still baffled by their preoccupation with the Oak Road pond.

Hoping Libby’s safely hidden somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members