Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain what this lady on Raglan Street is referring to on the latest Hull Live update: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/live-libby-squire-missing-hull-2496041

She said: “It is just awful, you have to feel for the parents to be honest. We heard the noise of the lorry and didn’t think anything of it. Apart from the time of it, which I thought was a little bit strange.

Is she just describing the arrival of Police on her street this morning or something else?

I think the police must have received a tip off about the pond, perhaps someone heard a car (silver?) driving up that way late at night.

Funny how the same things pop up - silver car, Newland Av to name a couple. Quite possibly just coincidence but it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Thats not good at all - so there must be potential evidence inside the house. Possibly if its some one she knows then its probally where shes been previous although if not it could mean she was taken to this house?

The arrest was 10pm last night so I think we can safely assume Libby’s not there now.

If it’s someone she knows, I’m expecting his name to be leaked any minute. The tabloids will be all over her friends.

Thats not good at all - so there must be potential evidence inside the house. Possibly if its some one she knows then its probally where shes been previous although if not it could mean she was taken to this house?

I think there must be more CCTV of either Libby and/or this man that Police have been combing to try to figure out.

That’ll be the car being taken away on a large transporter.

See that simple! If only the person doing the updates added a bit more context.

I had wondered if police got the precise timings from the driver, as in 'she was in that area up until 12.09'. either the driver drove back that way at 12.09 and had dashcam footage of her no longer on the bench...or they said they drove back that way and saw her gone and had an alibi ( such as a receipt from a shop etc) at 12.09.

I think they will have gone with the driver's version of events until they had good reason not to. In so many cases, such as missing children they can only go on the version of events given unless evidence comes to light that disproves that. They are not going to declare someone a suspect or non-suspect outright at the start of an investigation.

As for the 24 year old arrested, it's a student area and he is quite young so maybe a fellow student? He could have had an older accomplice, or maybe he had white blonde hair that accounted for the 'grey' description. It's so common for sex offenders to look out for drunk or vulnerable women on their own, even come back and carry out a crime after they've planned what to do.
There could also be a personal angle, someone known to Libby and they had a disagreement not many of her friends knew about.

Just to clarify for those waking up to the news:
  • 24 year old man arrested on suspicion of abduction
  • Raglan Street, just off Newland Av, 500m from the bench
  • 10pm last night (ie just over 12 hours ago)
  • Silver Vauxhall Astra removed on a truck
  • Police taking photos in the house

QUOTE="Armchair_Defective, post: 14793166, member: 211947"]I had wondered if police got the precise timings from the driver, as in 'she was in that area up until 12.09'. either the driver drove back that way at 12.09 and had dashcam footage of her no longer on the bench...or they said they drove back that way and saw her gone and had an alibi ( such as a receipt from a shop etc) at 12.09.

I think they will have gone with the driver's version of events until they had good reason not to. In so many cases, such as missing children they can only go on the version of events given unless evidence comes to light that disproves that. They are not going to declare someone a suspect or non-suspect outright at the start of an investigation.

As for the 24 year old arrested, it's a student area and he is quite young so maybe a fellow student? He could have had an older accomplice, or maybe he had white blonde hair that accounted for the 'grey' description. It's so common for sex offenders to look out for drunk or vulnerable women on their own, even come back and carry out a crime after they've planned what to do.
There could also be a personal angle, someone known to Libby and they had a disagreement not many of her friends knew about.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 male pals who both turned completely grey in their early 20s - I know it's unusual, but it is possible.

Last edited:

They'd have to search his house for things like stained clothing and a possible weapon :-(

Forensics have been removing bags of evidence from the house.

A student who lives five doors down says the street has a mixture of people living there, including students and young families.

Missing Libby updates as man, 24, arrested on suspicion of abduction

Which house is it? The one with the net curtain and red floral fabric hanging in the front window?

Gosh, it's taken off suddenly. So they haven't found her, but think she was abducted. Wonder what they had to go on? Is this connected to the scream the neighbour heard?

I’m considering that the abduction charge is just a holding charge at the minute so they can bring him in for questioning. They must have evidence he is possibly involved in some way and maybe haven’t found evidence of where she is - alive or?

I’m sure Nathan and Shauna Hoare were initially arrested for the kidnap of Becky Watts with a murder charge added on later.

Trying to put together all the facts on the typical ages of people at that uni and her friend group. He’s only one I can’t find an age.

Edit : so far the age group is 20-22 the collection of friends that were with her or close to her from what I can find which would be typical with a university group of friends.

Wondering if this person would be part of this group - someone she knew? Being quite a few years older Im not sure how ages work and what stage this person would be at university. Wouldnt he be more of a mature student at this age?

<modsnipped quoted post>

I don't know and if you mean this one in the blue jacket:

<modsnipped comments from youtube>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors