Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the wording about how the driver “really helped out” weird from the start. Wondering if he was lulled into a false sense of security and released by the police under surveillance in the hope he’d lead them to Libby.

Exactly! Or if not him, wonder if this person arrested was one who gave any press interviews and/or knew her, or just a random chance abduction?

I don't know and if you mean this one in the blue jacket:

<modsnipped>
I feel sorry for this kid.
I don't think he's loving the attention. I think he's a guy who is young (definitely not 24 yet) and showing the usually self-conscious tics of someone not used to the limelight. The police have been pretty tight-lipped on this case and so this video is probably getting way more airplay and scrutiny than it deserves... as media clamor for soundbites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for this kid.
I don't think he's loving the attention. I think he's a guy who is young (definitely not 24 yet) and showing the usually self-conscious tics of someone not used to the limelight. The police have been pretty tight-lipped on this and so this video is probably getting way more airplay and scrutiny than it deserves... as media clamor for soundbites.

Yeah, just to clarify I don't believe it to be him, he talks in past tense because the reporter does first and he's obviously nervous.

Jorge Ramos, 22, who lives next door to the raided property: “I think a family live there”

Police arrest man, 24, over disappearance of Libby Squire, 21 | Daily Mail Online

Now that is strange, if true.

BBM - that's a bit odd, students and young families in the same house - how large is it? Or does the student maybe mean living there at different times?

JMO

Sorry if that was unclear - the street has a mixture, not the house itself.

BBM - that's a bit odd, students and young families in the same house - how large is it? Or does the student maybe mean living there at different times?

JMO

They don't mean in the same house; they mean the street houses different groups of people from students to families.

I've just jotted down school year ages so thought I'd put it here

Year 11 (GCSE year) - kids turn 16 that year*
Year 13 (A Level year) - turn 18
1st year uni - turn 19
2nd year uni - turn 20
3rd year uni (generally graduation year) - turn 21
etc etc

*just to confuse non Brits the birth year for education runs September to August eg a 1st September birthday will be the oldest child in the year. Obviously there are mature students and those that take a gap year (as I believe Libby did as she's already 21).

My point is it's unlikely this 24 year old is still a student. I reckon he's just a random.
It really isn't that unlikely at all, we had a lot of mature students in my year at uni, I myself was 22 in my second year!

Guys, we're not allowed to sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a suspect or person of interest. If the person arrested is charged, then they'll be name in the mainstream media...then we can sleuth the correct person.

Checking someone's FB page to find their age is considered sleuthing them. We could be due for big news soon, we don't want the thread shut down for mods to clean up a ton of posts.

Wow. What a lot to catch up on this morning! First thing that jumped out to me when I saw where Raglan Street is - does anyone remember the reports of someone "prowling" around in a vehicle near the Piper club? The owner even warned people going to the club about it. Bit of a coincidence.

Trying to put together all the facts on the typical ages of people at that uni and her friend group. He’s only one I can’t find an age.

Edit : so far the age group is 20-22 the collection of friends that were with her or close to her from what I can find which would be typical with a university group of friends.

Wondering if this person would be part of this group - someone she knew? Being quite a few years older Im not sure how ages work and what stage this person would be at university. Wouldnt he be more of a mature student at this age?

That's not a great age difference. I went to university as a mature student in my 30s ( and was 'the old one'!) , being 1 or 2 years older as a mature student is not that unusual.

Word on Twitter police searching sheds on nearby allotments. I remember someone here asking, yesterday I think, had they been searched.
The allotments near Raglan are not the same allotments near Libby's. It's possible the police hadn't searched the ones near Raglan, they probably did since they're still fairly close to Libby's address, but if they're not in the area they think she went, they might not have dedicated many officers or much time to thoroughly searching them.

The allotments near Raglan are not the same allotments near Libby's. It's possible the police hadn't searched the ones near Raglan, they probably did since they're still fairly close to Libby's address, but if they're not in the area they think she went, they might not have dedicated many officers or much time to thoroughly searching them.

Two separate lots? Small area for so many allotments.

Guys, we're not allowed to sleuth anyone who hasn't been named a suspect or person of interest. If the person arrested is charged, then they'll be name in the mainstream media...then we can sleuth the correct person.

Checking someone's FB page to find their age is considered sleuthing them. We could be due for big news soon, we don't want the thread shut down for mods to clean up a ton of posts.

Clean up on aisle 12!
You're so right, Amonet. I've edited a couple of my posts and advise others to do the same. A shut down at this point would be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1