Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Capital Yorks News‏Verified account @CapitalYORNews
Police presence on Raglan street in #Hull. Where a man was arrested on suspicion of abduction of missing Libby Squire. #CapitalReports

DyzppXwX0AEYIGA.jpg

Capital Yorks News on Twitter

Wow things are moving fast today!

Just a couple of thoughts I’ve had:

1) He has a young face and looks completely ‘normal’ which fits which my earlier thought that Libby may have been more likely to trust a younger person she could relate to rather than accept help from someone older due to subconscious stranger danger.

2) Having a wife and children means absolutely nothing. I know we are programmed to think family = safe and normal but we know all too well from cases like Paige Doherty’s that young ‘family’ men are just as capable of terrible atrocities.

JMO

I'm actually wondering if a very drunk person would scream at all, would they be in a state to register what was happening and resist, I know not everyone reacts the same to too much alcohol but I'd say a drunk young woman might be quite easy to lure away without the need for anything physical

JMO
that’s what I have been thinking as with her being in such a vulnerable state where she is refused entry into that bar/nightclub maybe for a second or so she manage to get away but in that state she would not have got far

Reading through the latest updates to catch up.

Even though I am glad LE has made an arrest I am sad to hear that it appears the worst has happened to Libby.

Prayers for her family members and lets hope LE is able to locate her quickly now.

Im so sickened by how often this seems to happen anymore. Just this morning I woke up to news on Good Morning America of a young female's body being found in a suitcase in Connecticut.

How can we stop or at least slow down this madness. :(

Young woman's bound body discovered in suitcase

that’s what I have been thinking as with her being in such a vulnerable state where she is refused entry into that bar/nightclub maybe for a second or so she manage to get away but in that state she would not have got far

(OT; weird, I did not write that message..)

I am reminded of a man named Richard Jewell in the US who was a good samaritan at the time of the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta. His life was totally ruined by the media because of being questioned regarding his involvement. It forever changed the way LE and the media report on POI and Suspects in the US. It's different in UK re Media accountability. However he has not been named a suspect by Police just media AFAIK. Seems LE is in agreement with WS rules?

It's a difficult one, Steleheart, because 1) the man has been arrested on suspicion of abducting Libby and 2) the media have published his name.

I like to roll this article out occasionally - the fundamental differences between getting arrested in the UK vs the USA.

Why do British police keep arresting people and then releasing them?

Because it’s a lot easier to arrest someone in the United Kingdom, but being arrested there isn’t a big deal like it is in the United States. American police need probable cause to make an arrest, but in the United Kingdom, officers can arrest on suspicion. Probable cause is defined as the belief that a crime was probably committed, and that the suspect was probably responsible. Reasonable suspicion means that a right-minded individual would have grounds to suspect that a crime had been committed and that the suspect might be responsible. To have probable cause, greater evidence is required.

What It’s Like To Be Arrested in the U.K.

Couple of things...

Perhaps he's been named locally because he lives at that address. However if no one saw him taken away could he have a friend or a relative of the same age who is staying with him that has been arrested?

I'm intrigued by the police having a presence tonight and to find out as much about Libby as possible and that you dont have to speak to them if you dont want. That strikes me as they think Libby knew this guy and maybe even had a relationship with him? I know that seems insane but what else do they want to find out about Libby if they believe they have the right guy? Surely susually this kind of request would be to find out where she would go, or who she hung out with etc when they had more of a blank sheet.

Pawel is probably not an actual butcher. There are a lot of meat factories locally so it could be one of house. However when you're saying this person is being held on abducting someone butcher makes a much better sensationalised press report.

And on Clauda Lawrence... The police are pretty sure she was taken out the back of her house by someone she knew. Locally its believed the police know who but have never been able to get enough evidence for a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1