Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail have altered their wording now so they’re not outright naming PR, just stating that it’s his house and a 24yo man has been arrested...

Well that's one way of getting around it!!

Maybe we should use initials? (I've redacted his name in your quote in case you want to do the same)

Ok...few points to cover here....

I once read a list of "the most stressful events to occur during a persons life" - among the top 5 were : getting married,having a child and moving house.

Throw on top of that...relocating to a foreign country and changing employment and this individual ticks all of the top 5 boxes for stress

So its not hard to see that his brain may just have gone "bang"

Im sure that given the fact that Libby is missing, IF the police suspected one of this guys friends,they would have arrested said person instead of this chap.

And off topic but relevant..,,does anyone here STILL buy the "mysterious" vanishing of Claudia Lawrence?
A quick conversation with the right people would soon solve that little puzzle - just a shame that the police managed to alienate everyone who could have assisted them...in order to pacify those who then actively obstructed that inquiry!

I would want no part in linking this unfortunate girl to that particular case!

For example there have been multiple arrests on suspicion of murder in the Claudia Lawrence case but I don't think any have been named. And so we have all got a bit excited.

Guy got dragged through the mud on that case too. Part of me always thinks we have a right to know... then the other half of me thinks if it was me/my family and it was wrong you'd never shrug off peoples suspicion as to why they thought you were involved! There was Murat in the Madeleine McCann case too.
Tradesman, 55, quizzed over missing chef Claudia Lawrence says 'misunderstanding' made him a suspect | Daily Mail Online

David Harrison‏ @DaveHarrisonBBC
Officers are currently searching the land around some abandoned buildings next to the Oak Road Playing Fields pond. An officer in white overalls is also inspecting the bank of the River Hull. A lot of police activity here as the search for missing student Libby Squire continues.

David Harrison on Twitter

(video at link)

Guy got dragged through the mud on that case too. Part of me always thinks we have a right to know... then the other half of me thinks if it was me/my family and it was wrong you'd never shrug off peoples suspicion as to why they thought you were involved! There was Murat in the Madeleine McCann case too.
Tradesman, 55, quizzed over missing chef Claudia Lawrence says 'misunderstanding' made him a suspect | Daily Mail Online
The issue is not that we discuss the suspects with identifying info on these boards, the issue is that a small number of people react to those discussions and directly contact/harass the individuals and their families. Innocent people can have their lives ruined by accusations which 1/2 the population will believe even if someone else is ultimately charged with the crime. It can have devastating effects.

Sad to hear of the recent developments RE: an arrest, I really didn't think there would be anyone else involved in Libbys disappearance - I thought it was a case of a young drunk girl sadly falling into water somewhere. I wonder what lead them to the man they've arrested, they must of had some kind of intelligence to arrest him.

Someone mentioned earlier about the possibility of someone reporting they had seen a silver car near oak road pond (I think it was Cags).

I think this is a possibility. It says in one of the articles that they are searching Claremont Avenue and a ‘tenfoot’ (had to google what that was) at back of Claremont Avenue. Judging by the pics on Google maps, there are a lot of windows looking on to that tenfoot and Oak Road. It was late at night but it looks like people have sheds/garages there. One side of the tenfoot is even gated so people might be more vigilant to noise for security.

Attachments

• 8AF632B0-ED17-4D7A-99E2-41D6498DBD8F.jpeg
    8AF632B0-ED17-4D7A-99E2-41D6498DBD8F.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 300EEB39-7E5B-43D3-B327-11C540A4594F.jpeg
    300EEB39-7E5B-43D3-B327-11C540A4594F.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 03D02A03-3269-4119-B678-31E83FCBD2E9.jpeg
    03D02A03-3269-4119-B678-31E83FCBD2E9.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 33
Couple of things...

Perhaps he's been named locally because he lives at that address. However if no one saw him taken away could he have a friend or a relative of the same age who is staying with him that has been arrested?

I'm intrigued by the police having a presence tonight and to find out as much about Libby as possible and that you dont have to speak to them if you dont want. That strikes me as they think Libby knew this guy and maybe even had a relationship with him? I know that seems insane but what else do they want to find out about Libby if they believe they have the right guy? Surely susually this kind of request would be to find out where she would go, or who she hung out with etc when they had more of a blank sheet.

Pawel is probably not an actual butcher. There are a lot of meat factories locally so it could be one of house. However when you're saying this person is being held on abducting someone butcher makes a much better sensationalised press report.

And on Clauda Lawrence... The police are pretty sure she was taken out the back of her house by someone she knew. Locally its believed the police know who but have never been able to get enough evidence for a conviction.

That's what I wondered earlier, if perhaps she knew him on some level. Quite a big responsibility, 24 and already with a wife and two kids. Maybe he was wanting his single life back. All speculation of course.

It puts the parents latest statement about Libby into a clearer perspective!

Some commenting that it read like a CV ... imagine having to come up with something to make public, knowing what they probably did and having to word it so as not to give away too much :(

As for naming suspects ... I feel for the young wife and children who will also be dragged into this. John Leathems (Paige Doherty) wife and child had to flee their home because of attacks.

Well after particularly asking the public for info/sightings from 12.09 till 3 a.m. Quite a precise timing so thinking there was a reason for that. CCTV, dashcam, witnesses coming forward.

It's an oddly specific time as there's no way to know what had happened to Libby by 3am unless they already knew what had happened to her iyswim and they quite clearly don't even know now so why stop looking at 3am - I hope this becomes clear as we find out more information

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member