Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, Officer Dibble - I didn't formulate my reply properly.
The neighbour is saying the car did appear to belong to the suspect. I misread it as 'didn't' as well - it's just the way he phrased it is confusing initially.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS Winterbells, you are obviously very local to the case and local knowledge is always helpful.
Hi and thanks for the welcome. I'm not at all local to the case - I was just trying to point out that in the article, the neighbour was quoted as saying that the car did appear to belong to the person being questioned. (Officer Dibble had said in an earlier post that the neighbour said that it didn't and I could see how the confusion had arisen in the phrasing of the neighbour's wording).

Daily Fail headline -
Police remove computer from home of married Polish martial arts fan butcher as they quiz man, 24, over 'abduction' of missing student Libby Squire - and warn people to stay away from pond and derelict building near her student digs

Tad excessive list there!

There's an eastern European family near me, one guy (very friendly, always makes an effort to say Hello) is always fixing cars up outside his house, I often see him and his close friend driving the same car, I'm never sure who's car it is!
Had previous Eastern European neighbours too, 2 young couples who shared a house AND a car.

That makes more sense re the house sharing and car sharing. Yes agree about the headline. *raises eyebrows*.

I hope Libby is found soon.

I wonder why the neighbour in that article said he doesn't think it belongs to him but he has seen him in it, then?

He says he thinks it does appear to belong to him. I keep misreading it as 'doesn't' as well. If you read it carefully, he's saying it does appear to belong to him.

I wonder why the neighbour in that article said he doesn't think it belongs to him but he has seen him in it, then?

I don't think that's contradictory is it? I think he's saying the suspect drives the car but doesn't own it, maybe the neighbour knows it belongs to someone else or has spoken to the suspect who's mentioned that he doesn't own the car

JMO

"Community" cars are quite a common thing in some places (albeit more commonly among criminal groups in this country) but "ownership" as in ..DVLA registered keeper is a very unreliable method to determine exactly who does or does not own a vehicle.

I would not be getting bogged down with small stuff here....
The very fact that we struggle to see any connection between this chap and Libby, tells us that the police are in possession of some knowledge that we lack.

The police are nothing like those we see on T.V.....in the real world its 90% information recieved combined with 10% people repeating previous behaviours.

Unfortunately for the real police....they dont just have "light bulb" moments and race off on the back of a hunch...,.
If this chap is "assisting with enquiries"....we can probably deduce that loose lips somewhere have gone pretty close to sinking his ship!

Ps....gotta love the daily mail.....not a hint of a lazy old cliche here.... "martial arts fan butcher"......lets just hope that they do not get the opportunity to wheel out "kung fu killer" or some other such glorifying garbage!!

Sorry if already posted, catching up. The Sun has name and photos of arrested man.

LIBBY HUNT
Butcher, 24, whose house was raided by Libby Squire cops is dad-of-two with passion for martial arts and dance music

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...squire-cops-dad-martial-arts-dance-music/amp/

It's ridiculous now "a passion for martial arts and dance music" what they mean is he likes a couple of pages on facebook. I dread to think what kind of random pages I like would make the front page of the paper if I was ever involved in anything

In fact they'd probably describe me as a true crime ghoul:eek:

JMO

It's ridiculous now "a passion for martial arts and dance music" what they mean is he likes a couple of pages on facebook. I dread to think what kind of random pages I like would make the front page of the paper if I was ever involved in anything

That would probably make me "twice married crazed cat lover and obsessive reader of serial killer literature".....yikes the daily mail would have a field day with me!

Looks like the man named as the arrested party has just locked down his Facebook page. That it wasn't done before could suggest the ID is correct and he's been in questioning.

I hope the family know more than we do at the moment.

Looks like the man named as the arrested party has just locked down his Facebook page. That it wasn't done before could suggest the ID is correct and he's been in questioning.

I hope the family know more than we do at the moment.
Does this mean he's been released? Or does it mean the police have locked down the page?

Sounds like the family of the man who has been named are taking steps to secure the family's privacy - I can't help but assume the fact that he is polish has probably caused the more ignorant members of society to send offensive messages - Of course it could be the police who have made security changes either because there is a risk that SM exposure could jeopardise the case or maybe they are starting to think he is innocent and taking steps to preserve this man's privacy - Thats IF the man arrested is one and the same as the man who has been named.. IMO

Sounds like the family of the man who has been named are taking steps to secure the family's privacy - I can't help but assume the fact that he is polish has probably caused the more ignorant members of society to send offensive messages - Of course it could be the police who have made security changes either because there is a risk that SM exposure could jeopardise the case or maybe they are starting to think he is innocent and taking steps to preserve this man's privacy - Thats IF the man arrested is one and the same as the man who has been named.. IMO

How much jurisdiction do the police have over social media profiles? I have absolutely no idea. It seems odd they'd be able to do this themselves when FB doesn't seem to care about the law much in other areas.

How much jurisdiction do the police have over social media profiles? I have absolutely no idea. It seems odd they'd be able to do this themselves when FB doesn't seem to care about the law much in other areas.

He may have given the police access - if he has then he is obviously trying to prove his innocence - if it is a family member the police will need to act ASAP - However I am sure I saw a post earlier that suggested the police had taken a laptop from the house which absolutely would be procedure for a case like this, so it could be that the police have accessed S.M. through the laptop, I know I'm constantly logged in to my SM account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz