Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Libby was abducted in the vulnerable state described then the perp was a predator who couldn't resist her weakness and physical disadvantage, her isolation, and that her isolation meant that immediate help was not available. He may have observed her for some time before choosing his moment. Essentially, a coward, who may otherwise seem to be a "nice guy".

Really perplexed about what is linking Libby with this chap who has been arrested IF he is the one involved.

I am too. If they were sure it was him would they be handing out flyers and having that large billboard thing?

It seems really strange doing that after they've arrested someone? Unless they think there's an accomplice and they're trying to guilt trip them into turning themselves in? I don't see what they're trying to achieve with that?

Does anyone think that maybe she ran away or is hiding somewhere local?

IMO if she is alive she is not on open ground as the night temperatures would not be kind: So she may be in a building or a vehicle. If she is not alive, she could be anywhere since the perp has had 6+days to move her. I am sure that LE are checking cameras for known vehicles and their routes. I still have hope that she is alive.

IMO if she is alive she is not on open ground as the night temperatures would not be kind: So she may be in a building or a vehicle. If she is not alive, she could be anywhere since the perp has had 6+days to move her. I am sure that LE are checking cameras for known vehicles and their routes. I still have hope that she is alive.

Or possibly may not even be in Hull if it was an abduction

I find the van and the leaflets a bizarre move, there is no one in those areas now who hasn't had their memory jogged and most people would have come forward now and theres no guarantee that they are even going to reach people who may be holding back. I could understand this 2 or 3 days after a disappearance but this timing seems odd.

Can't help thinking the police may still not have a clue what happened to her and the arrest is made from some coincidences or accusations rather than evidence.

I find it hard to believe no one knows about Libby being missing it’s been 7 days and as been on the national news and if people are holding back on information shame on them

Last edited:
I wonder if we’ll hear about a charge or extension soon? 24 hours will nearly be up.

The 24 hours must be around now (he was arrested before the car was removed at 10pm). Not heard whether they've got an extension.

Being arrested: your rights

The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you.

They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.

I do not believe for a minute that Libby ran away or is hiding.

At this point I lean to two perps having abducted her.

I also am curious as to what exactly led to the arrest of the 24 year old guy .

There was an alarming statistic mentioned several pages back....the 170 assaults in the area in a short time (can't remember what that short time was), which led me to lean towards foul play rather than accident, as well as the fact that LE had done such thorough searches in the immediate area. Just seems to me Libby would have been found had she been taken over by hypothermia or fell in that drainage behind the house. Someone also described the thick reeds along that drainage, I would think that if she fell in, she would have been found in those reeds rather than have ended up in the water or washed away.

Grown adults don't tend to run away like this. Hiding isn't a logical option, she'd need food, water, bog roll, clothes etc. How do you propose she organised that all whilst incapacitated drunk on a bench?

Maybe in the same way that Corrie McKeague managed to go AWOL in the same circumstances [sarcastic emoticon]. I sincerely hope this case doesn't remain unsolved like that one.

Grown adults don't tend to run away like this. Hiding isn't a logical option, she'd need food, water, bog roll, clothes etc. How do you propose she organised that all whilst incapacitated drunk on a bench?

I don't think she did I was just wondering if anyone might have thought that. ☺️ But I suppose not. After no bog roll for a week i'd Def come out of hiding if it was me.

I and someone I know have also discussed the possibility that the mobile billboard is some sort of effort to guilt trip someone else into handing themselves in, as most people have already seen photos of her and know she's missing. However if you look online esp on Twitter I've noticed quite a few people asking about the Libby case because they've not heard about it until today. I think the arrest has caused more people to mention it on SM and therfore spread the word more around more. It's unfortunate it's taken a week for it to get out there more than just mainly the local community and the odd few curious people like us lot. I have noticed Libby's name has been mentioned around 4 times more today than any other day since she disappeared so far.

Go on....

The life triggers that can cause someone at a young age to turn to something serious like killing or abduction of a woman. In this particular case (on itv) the man was 20 newly married and had children. All perfectly normal and literally just decided to kill a woman when she was vulnerable and hitchhiking. Not exactly like this case but plenty of interesting theories on cause / motive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member