Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

There was an alarming statistic mentioned several pages back....the 170 assaults in the area in a short time <snipped>

Just in the interests of accuracy it was 117 in December, alarming nevertheless, but...

Remember that the figures include domestic violence incidents as well as more "minor" sexual assaults. It's not as if 25 people a week get viciously attacked by a random stranger. In an area like this (full of alcohol, bars and clubs over Christmas and New Year) it is quite easy to notch up half a dozen incidents in one evening.

I am, of course, in no way mitigating or minimising these crimes, but we also need to look at the bigger picture.

butcher arrested on suspicion of abducting missing student Libby Squire stopped to help her when he spotted her crying at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old, allegedly offered to give her a lift home when he spotted her in a distressed state just after midnight.

His sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Libby Squire case: Butcher arrested on suspicion of abduction offered to give missing student lift home on night she disappeared

I had not thought of shift work.
I was thinking that the wife would have known if he was home all night, given that they had a baby and she would likely not sleep through the night.
If he was due for shift work in the wee hours, I wonder what his demeanor was at work.
Also, didn't the lady say she heard the scream and muttering voices at around 1 or 1:30 am?

12.30 am i think that what the time the DM said still in the timeline from when she was last seen

Okay, this does not sound great at all. I feel something is completely off with tarnishing the reputation of a missing person.

Also, I’m confused. Is he the driver we have been hearing about from the start then? Or another driver who has allegedly stopped?

From the Yahoo article.
"Speaking to the Telegraph, his sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance."

Very odd. Why not come forward before? As mentioned, there's been so much publicity in the past week it seems nearly everyone knew about Libby. There's the language barrier, I suppose.

"She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

Oh boy. Not buying this for a second.

She said: "I don't believe my brother could do it. We were raised to be good people. He was driving and he stopped because he noticed a girl crying.

"She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...rrested-suspicion-abduction-offered-give/amp/

QUOTE from suspect's sister reported by MSM.

Interesting and raises a few questions for me, if he is guilty why did he admit involvement to his sister, if he isn't why didn't he go to the police with what would be exteremely important information. If what the sister says is true it makes me lean towards him being guilty, the old she made advances to me excuse isn't going to fool anyone, he's starting his defence already

JMO

A butcher arrested on suspicion of abducting missing student Libby Squire stopped to help her when he spotted her crying at the side of the road, his sister has told The Telegraph.

[PR] allegedly offered to give her a lift home when he spotted her in a distressed state just after midnight. Speaking to the Telegraph his sister said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

She said: "I don't believe my brother could do it. We were raised to be good people. He was driving and he stopped because he noticed a girl crying. She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav and wanted to do just that. Apparently she threw herself at him, but he pushed her away because he is a married man."

And then what happened?
And why didn't he come forward several days ago?

butcher arrested on suspicion of abducting missing student Libby Squire stopped to help her when he spotted her crying at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old, allegedly offered to give her a lift home when he spotted her in a distressed state just after midnight.

His sister Paulina Szymanska, said he had spoken to Miss Squire on the night, but insisted he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Libby Squire case: Butcher arrested on suspicion of abduction offered to give missing student lift home on night she disappeared

Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members